Direct TV

Brenjetsfan

i would go with the plus DVR (assuming if you have an HDTV..if you don't, BUY ONE, or don't bother with dtv)...you get the free HD DVR receiver upgrade (you have to pay for your receiver so at least you get a free upgrade). DVR is amazing and so is HD. but if you want to be able to record in HD, then get the plus hd dvr package.

you won't have to worry about sunday ticket assuming you get all the jets games..

BUT, if you don't, you might want to consider getting the premium pack. this does not come with DVR or HD package though...but you get the most channels and you get the sports pack.

I dont have anything just basic cable with comcast...

Go HD and you can see the sweat bead up on Mawae's head.

Once you get it, you will wonder why you waited. Plus, you can get TV fairly cheap (relatively speaking).

I guess I am gonna go get a HD TV......So is this better then the DISH?

what do you mean? direct tv is a satellite dish..

yes, definitely buy an HDTV before you even bother with direct tv. walmart has some great deals..

edit: i'm assuming you mean dish network...i would pick direct tv over dish network because of one thing and one thing only: suday ticket sports pack.

yes, definitely buy an HDTV before you even bother with direct tv. walmart has some great deals..

I assumed she was talking DISH network. That confused the heck out of me to before I got into it. :biggrin:

edit: i'm assuming you mean dish network...i would pick direct tv over dish network because of one thing and one thing only: suday ticket sports pack.

yes i meant the dish network....lol...Like I said I have NO CLUE I have ESPN an SNY I am happy ...but I heard as of next year all TV's are going digital? ! Don't know if that is true but I am gonna start looking.

yes i meant the dish network....lol...Like I said I have NO CLUE I have ESPN an SNY I am happy ...but I heard as of next year all TV's are going digital? ! Don't know if that is true but I am gonna start looking.

If your looking for a TV and have time, keep an eye on this site.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/

They are having all kinds of deal and prices are supposed to come down after Xmas.

To answer your previous question. Yes, DirectTV is better than DishTV because they have the exclusve rights to the NFL Ticket (all NFL games) until the end of 2010. Plus, they also include the NFL Network (Thurs and Sat NFL games) which isnt part of the NFL Ticket or Nationally televised (in most cases).

They will likely ask you to siugn a 2 year contract but most folks seemed faorly pleased with Direct TV. Some have complained of it going out in bad weather though.

I hate those crooks at DirecTV. Look for added costs for EVERYTHING tacked onto those advertised prices. I use them instead of Dish Network because Dish Network does not have the YES network and I've gotta have my Yankees.

B-b-b-but they have a higher customer satisfaction rate than cable for eight years running! :rolleyes:

ohhhh, yeah they are all going digital. you don't need a sat. dish to go digital though, bren. if you're happy with what you have, and as long as you have a fairly new TV and you don't receive cable from an antena...you should be fine and you don't have to do anything.

ohhhh, yeah they are all going digital. you don't need a sat. dish to go digital though, bren. if you're happy with what you have, and as long as you have a fairly new TV and you don't receive cable from an antena...you should be fine and you don't have to do anything.

It is impossible to receive cable from an antenna. The point was probably right, though. You do NOT need a new TV and you do NOT need to change the source of your programming unless you're only getting over-the-air channels through rabbit ears on your set or an antenna on your roof.

Q4_compare_top_premier2_roll.gifQ4_compare_top_plushddvr2.gifQ4_compare_top_plusdvr2.gifQ4_compare_top_choicextra2.gifQ4_compare_top_choice2.gifQ4_compare_top_family2.gif

Q4_compare_chart3.gif

WHAT is the best one to have?

Well, I'd say if HD, all the premium channels, and a DVR is a possibility, then go blue.

If HD and DVR are important, but not the premium channels, I'd say go red.

If HD is not important, but a DVR is, I'd definitely go orange.

Dark Green's great if all you're concerned about is a variety of channels.

Light Green on the other hand if you don't need quite as many channels.

And if you're just looking for the basics, then I'd say the mustard yellow package is perfect for you.

B-b-b-but they have a higher customer satisfaction rate than cable for eight years running! :rolleyes:

Bull Sh1t D TV has the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with -- they love to play pass the buck - that being said

I have had DTV for almost 10 years now - THe sports package is great so I can get my NY sports fix with MSG/SNY/YES and I order all sports packages except the NBA

so I can watch all my teams -

Bull Sh1t D TV has the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with -- they love to play pass the buck - that being said

I have had DTV for almost 10 years now - THe sports package is great so I can get my NY sports fix with MSG/SNY/YES and I order all sports packages except the NBA

so I can watch all my teams -

if D/tv did not have NFL package i would go cable

agree..

thats why i dont have it,,i watch the games at the Jet bar with the fan club.......

I used to do that but wifey got tired of driving back and forth from the sports bar - Figured I was safer at home. She had a problem with me drinking and driving you see.

Archived