**** your interesting stats

Pragmatic Bus

here are the real stats

bill.jpg?t=1229385283

mangini.jpg?t=1229385310

nuff said

Interesting.

Does the stats show Belichick taken over a 3-13 team? Gutting them and rebuilding them? No. He also did it during an era when there was no salary cap.

Mangini took over a team that had a decent core. He has guided them on their continual pattern of good year and bad year. He is awesome.

Belichick made tons of mistakes during his time as HC of CLE, but one thing he did good was coach.

Interesting.

Does the stats show Belichick taken over a 3-13 team? Gutting them and rebuilding them? No. He also did it during an era when there was no salary cap.

Mangini took over a team that had a decent core. He has guided them on their continual pattern of good year and bad year. He is awesome.

Belichick made tons of mistakes during his time as HC of CLE, but one thing he did good was coach.

Now I am not one to defend Mangini, but he took over a 4-12 team, with basically not enough talent to win, and got them to 10-6, and made the wild card round of the playoffs.

Please show me what decent core Mangini had in 2006? Chad Pennington is what he is, an average quarterback, He had no running backs, Leon was just a rookie then. Offensive line was horrible. Receivers were the only thing decent that season, but they did only have Cotchery, and Coles and that was it, zero depth behind them.

He had 4-3 players playing in the 3-4, and still made the playoffs. So he really isn't as bad as we say, he's just not great.

Now I am not one to defend Mangini, but he took over a 4-12 team, with basically not enough talent to win, and got them to 10-6, and made the wild card round of the playoffs.

Please show me what decent core Mangini had in 2006? Chad Pennington is what he is, an average quarterback, He had no running backs, Leon was just a rookie then. Offensive line was horrible. Receivers were the only thing decent that season, but they did only have Cotchery, and Coles and that was it, zero depth behind them.

He had 4-3 players playing in the 3-4, and still made the playoffs. So he really isn't as bad as we say, he's just not great.

With that schedule, it would have been hard to miss the playoffs.

I would have to disagree.

He took over a team that had Brooks Bollinger at QB for half a season. I know Jets fan had a love/hate relationship with Chad, but he is better the Brooks. The Jets had a lot of the same players with some additions (Leon and the maturation of Cotchery). It was not an over the hill team like the one Belichick took over.

Tell me about it. I even went to a couple of their games that year. If they hadn't moved, i still believe Modell would have kept BB in Cleveland and he would have been my worst nightmare instead of Jets fans.

Modell was a fool. By agreeing to move, he had to give up minority ownership of the Browns/Ravens and enventually agree to sell his share of the team except for 1%. He screwed the city of Cleveland and himself.

BTW, the Ravens had an additional 1st round pick in 96 due to Belichicks draft day wheeling and dealing. Who did the Ravens pick? LB Ray Lewis

Modell was a fool. By agreeing to move, he had to give up minority ownership of the Browns/Ravens and enventually agree to sell his share of the team except for 1%. He screwed the city of Cleveland and himself.

BTW, the Ravens had an additional 1st round pick in 96 due to Belichicks draft day wheeling and dealing. Who did the Ravens pick? LB Ray Lewis

Either way, you guys eventually ended up with BB out of the deal. I was elated to get that guy out of my division. I got sick of seeing him on TV during Steeler games. He was watching almost as many Steeler games as I was and frankly it was creeping me out! lol

Interesting.

i dont even know wgere to begin with this so let me take a (camera) shot at it

mangini took over a team that went 4-12 the previous year, and the only probowler ty law bolted for kansas

you say bellichek made tons of mistakes but one good thing he did was coach. uh... WHAT!!!?

keep believing that son

i dont even know wgere to begin with this so let me take a (camera) shot at it

mangini took over a team that went 4-12 the previous year, and the only probowler ty law bolted for kansas

you say bellichek made tons of mistakes but one good thing he did was coach. uh... WHAT!!!?

keep believing that son

Yes, Mangini did take over a 4-12 team. He also got Chad back. That and an easier schedule was easily responsible for 4 wins. I think Mangini did an excellent job, but your comparison is wrong.

Belichick took over an old 3-13 team that was getting blown out by an average of two TDs a game. The Jets lost only by an average of 7.

Belichick has always been a good coach and that was not the problem in Cleveland. He had some horrible drafts and his handling of the press was putrid.

Interesting.

A good part of the Jets core left or retired after 2005

Mawae, Fabini, Martin, John Abraham,

Mangini and Tannenbaum did a good job replacing them in one year(Mangold, Leon to an extent, Ferguson). The only guy they have not really replaced is Abraham.

Then add the moves this year with D-Rob, Vilma, Erik Coleman, etc and this team looks nowhere near what it did just 3 years ago.

A good part of the Jets core left or retired after 2005

Mawae, Fabini, Martin, John Abraham,

Mangini and Tannenbaum did a good job replacing them in one year(Mangold, Leon to an extent, Ferguson). The only guy they have not really replaced is Abraham.

Then add the moves this year with D-Rob, Vilma, Erik Coleman, etc and this team looks nowhere near what it did just 3 years ago.

Not talking about three years ago, but the point is taken. I am talking about the starting point. The Browns were terrible. The Jets had a bad injury riddled year in 2005. They were a decent team and as you guys like to say, a missed FG away from the AFC Championship game.

Not talking about three years ago, but the point is taken. I am talking about the starting point. The Browns were terrible. The Jets had a bad injury riddled year in 2005. They were a decent team and as you guys like to say, a missed FG away from the AFC Championship game.

regardless. put all the stats aside. mangini has done an overall managing the whole franchise better than belly did.

belly is a great Xs and Os guy. but he is not well known to manage newyork media or day to day talent acquire.

my point is belly has improved from bieng just an Xs and Os guy to bieng a more well rounded coach and mangini is on a simmilar path. people need to sometime lay off of young coaches and players. that was what i meant

Interesting.

Could you go back to that part about our team having a "decent core"?

thanks.

Archived