TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at this logically, if we want to make a decision and not have a random lynch chosen by doggin, we probably want to get this thing nailed down today / tonight, since participation is likely to be low tomorrow and swinging the votes may not be doable then. So right now it looks like our most likely lynch candidates are:

Thor

JVor

CTM

I plan on going back and looking through Thor's posts when I have a chance, but is there anything in particular about Thor that people want to get into it on why they've voted for him? It seems like the voting has piled up fast his way and the only items I've picked up from people were his previous lack of participation and his interactions with RJF. If anyone has anything that some of us may have missed, it may help to move things along in regard to other people's stance on him.

JVoR I'm currently voting for, but certainly not deadset against changing my mind on. At the time I voted, he was one of the few viable options and there were still a few shady things about his actions (i.e., coming out strong and then getting very defensive / nearly disappearing when question). However, its not this kind of stuff is uncommon early on from newer players and at this point I'm not sure he's coming across as a significant threat.

As far as CTM, personally I'd rather at least wait one more day on him. Having played with CTM before, I can tell you his current behavior doesn't necessarily mean anything about his status as this is the way he always plays the game. I don't think at this point he's a major threat unless people start following his word too closely (which I've seen happen before) and I feel like with a player who is so up front and out there all the time, we have more we could learn either way before going through with any kind of lynching. The trick here though is to realize he's very good at making arguments and not to get too caught up in his stance, regardless of what side he's on, since there's no way to know for sure he's right either way.

My last point is about the speed of pile-ups. JVoR has been in striking distance of death for a while (and even offered to put the last vote on himself), but enough votes never came. You think with how many mafia their likely are in this game, there would've been enough that they wouldn't even all need to vote for JVoR to put him over the edge, but it never happened. Meanwhile, Thor went from a virtual non-factor to tied for most votes very quickly. Its tough to try to read too much from it early on, but its something to keep an eye on. Of course, all this could mean right now is that the mafia is letting this play out naturally because we haven't come close to getting any of them yet and its tough to read that for sure on the first day, but its a trend to keep an eye on.

BG- what it seems is the limited posting and the nature of the posting as led to this. Vicious will not be changing his vote unless we are close enough to lynch someone. At this point we need to make a choice, a random lynching will only help the Mafia.

Thor came into the game late, made some puzzling posts, and hasn't defended himself much when the votes started to pile up.

I am far from convinced that he is mafia, but if I had to choose between Thor and JVOR, I pick Thor. JVOR comes across to me as a newbie who was excited to play the game. I don't think he would have come out so aggressively if he was mafia. A newbie's first instinct as mafia would be to lay low. Who knows though, maybe he's getting coached up by more experienced mafia members to throw us off?

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the info on Thor. I'm starting to lean that way on JVoR too, but that is also a good point about the last item you mentioned. Not that it even applies just to JVoR, but I know from my personal experience in a past game, after apparently getting close to sniffing out some of the mafia members, I totally got played by Crusher thanks in large part to the guidance he was receiving from his mafia teammate doggin. There's a lot of smart, experienced guys in this game and at least some of them are bound to be mafia, so its a definite possibility.

ya'll are going to regret not voting for CTM.

No, no they aren't. You've yet to provide a single reason as to why other then being perturbed by my rattling your cage a bit..

My last point is about the speed of pile-ups. JVoR has been in striking distance of death for a while (and even offered to put the last vote on himself), but enough votes never came. You think with how many mafia their likely are in this game, there would've been enough that they wouldn't even all need to vote for JVoR to put him over the edge, but it never happened. Meanwhile, Thor went from a virtual non-factor to tied for most votes very quickly. Its tough to try to read too much from it early on, but its something to keep an eye on. Of course, all this could mean right now is that the mafia is letting this play out naturally because we haven't come close to getting any of them yet and its tough to read that for sure on the first day, but its a trend to keep an eye on.

I noticed this as well. But everyone's wagon is stalling at 5. With so many new players it's hard to get a read on what they should do versus will do..

The Thor votes were 3 fold 1) He overtly bandwagon'd on his first vote 2) He's been relatively non active 3) There's something going on with him and RJF, so the thinking was they could be a twofer.

This was all well and good till the doctor Cox observation by Woody, which I think should take RJF/Thor off the table for now just in case it's accurate..

I skimmed through the game again and came across this:

As a quick note, it seems the more time goes on the more potential day role players that are being discovered. Off the top of my head, those who either clearly have roles or have at least been questioned as having one by some posters include:

CTM

Vicious

RJF

Thor

war ensemble

I think War Ensemble gave up on that... funny too, cause he edited his post earlier to include a line befitting what we thought was his role requirement:

(starting with post 120)

What a duty-loving, law-abiding lot we all seem to be!

Be sure thy sin will find thee out.

You're not allowed to edit your posts.

****! I apologize. My original post just had the first line and I edited the second in. A moderator could time-stamp verify that for me.

Totally forgot, my bad.

At the time, I assumed he forgot and faced penalty for forgetting to fulfill his role requirement. Now I think it *could* be something more devious. Hard to believe though that a first timer would fake a day requirement to avoid suspicion..

What say you WE?

BG- what it seems is the limited posting and the nature of the posting as led to this. Vicious will not be changing his vote unless we are close enough to lynch someone. At this point we need to make a choice, a random lynching will only help the Mafia.

True, unfortunately the odds say either way a townie will probably get lynched tonight, but at least if its our own decision based on our observations we can improve those odds a little, plus we can control what we get to learn from the lynch. If a random lynch occurs and one of the guys everyone thinks is innocent is the one lynched and then turns up innocent, we'll have essentially wasted a day while the mafia gets to come in with a nightkill.

I'm going to look further into Thor's posts now, but I think I may be starting to lean that way, as much due to not being as convinced about JVoR as it is about Thor's own actions.

In an effort to get the game moving along, I'm changing my vote from Bleedin Green. It seems to me like CTM, Vicious, and possibly RJF have some sort of day roles, which doesn't necessary mean innocence, but I would lean that way for now.

Vote - Thor

You're either scum, or your wrong.

Because 1) your interaction with BG was slightly accusatory and then you haven't acknowledged each other since. 2) You guys are protecting each other 3) you are again deflecting suspicion off of yourself.

I'm just going to repeat it again, if i'm lynched and it's innocent. Go after CTM. He's been the ringleader of this operation. He's been the one pushing the hardest for me to go down.

Let me just say I am currently 100% sure of two people's innocence, and 75% sure of another's.

I also will say that I find it very curious that JVOR continues to declare that we must kill CTM if he's proven innocent, yet, his vote sits elsewhere.

Thats the number one reason why I have voted JVoR. He claims that he is innocent, he claims he was playing eager, he demands before his 2nd to last vote the he wants one more post, he declares to vote CTM if he gets lynched, yet his vote is on BG.

Scummy

I've been away from a computer for 5 hours. And I changed my vote from CTM because though I have high suspicions of him, he may be a townie with a role. I also suspected you, so switched my vote.

Yes. It is a strategy to throw off the bandwagon suspicion. That is very typically the next group to be targeted after the first lynching. You often see cases built purely on bandwagon.

Typically, the ones to get draw suspicion for bandwagon voting are the first to start and the last to vote.

You still havent answered why you switched your vote from CTM, who you are demanding us go after if you get lynched, to BG. Or maybe you did and I didnt see your answer, but I would love an explination as to why.

I wasnt saying that is what you are doing, just letting him know that could be a strategy.

I dont know about this J.D. to Dr. Cox thingy, so I googled it, its from scrubs (which I have never seen an episode) and what came up from youtube was the Dr. calling J.D. a girls name all the time and I dont notice RJF doing that...

Does that mean anything? And does that mean we know we have some muppets, Columbo and now J.D./Dr. Cox out there? If so then does that mean they are doctors and are pro town?

Are there more characters from different shows or are the rest muppets?

Is there a character from T.V. land that notoriously tells a joke with every line?

Does any of that matter? lol

FTR, I am not convinced JVoR is mafia, but I am not going to take my vote off him until he answers my question why he voted for BG and not CTM if he demands we vote him next if he is lynched.

Unvote: BG

reason: I'm just confused. I made two accusations early on the game based off of very little information and accepted it as fact.

JVoR, why are you dodging this? Seriously, this is a very scummy move and nobody else has picked up on but EY and you refuse to answer the question.

Are you saying that you no longer suspect CTM or that if you get lynched that we shouldnt go after CTM now?

You might be a newbie, but your moves are scummy.

For the purpose of the game, it does us no good to vote of someone with a supposed role. We need to keep them around scum or not. Its not like anyone is safe from the getting NK'ed, we are not going to get all the scum in one lynching. Therefore, lets keep the players with a supposed role alive. And thats not because Im trying to keep anyone alive, its because the game needs to move and I dont see any value in lynching someone with a role when you got guys like JVoR who are just playing scummy and have no apparent role.

JVoR, why are you dodging this? Seriously, this is a very scummy move and nobody else has picked up on but EY and you refuse to answer the question.

Are you saying that you no longer suspect CTM or that if you get lynched that we shouldnt go after CTM now?

You might be a newbie, but your moves are scummy.

For the purpose of the game, it does us no good to vote of someone with a supposed role. We need to keep them around scum or not. Its not like anyone is safe from the getting NK'ed, we are not going to get all the scum in one lynching. Therefore, lets keep the players with a supposed role alive. And thats not because Im trying to keep anyone alive, its because the game needs to move and I dont see any value in lynching someone with a role when you got guys like JVoR who are just playing scummy and have no apparent role.

I've explained why many times. If you're too dense to understand it it's not really my problem.

Care to elaborate?

You seem to be throwing alot of definitive and conclusive statements out there, but haven't backed anything up.

Voting for Thor is a mistake. It may be his first game, but do you think he's so obviously acknowledging a partnership with RJF?

Remember he said, 'he noticed me'. RJF has called him Newbie, and a girls name as well. That's typical JD/Dr. Cox stuff.

Either, they are the two worst scum players imaginable, or their relationship is relevant on the side of the good.

I refuse to believe they are that dumb. Vote for them, if you want, but when he turns up innocent, it'll be you they're looking for next.

People made the mistake of ignoring me when I told them that smashmouth must be killed, and the town lost the game. Lets see if they make the same mistake again.

I've explained why many times. If you're too dense to understand it it's not really my problem.

I have yet to see an explination. Its got nothing to with my denseness...lol...you havent answered the question.

And typically, insults, point in the direction of scum.

Voting for Thor is a mistake. It may be his first game, but do you think he's so obviously acknowledging a partnership with RJF?

Remember he said, 'he noticed me'. RJF has called him Newbie, and a girls name as well. That's typical JD/Dr. Cox stuff.

Either, they are the two worst scum players imaginable, or their relationship is relevant on the side of the good.

I refuse to believe they are that dumb. Vote for them, if you want, but when he turns up innocent, it'll be you they're looking for next.

People made the mistake of ignoring me when I told them that smashmouth must be killed, and the town lost the game. Lets see if they make the same mistake again.

Indeed. If there is the slightest chance that these 2 are doctors, why is everyone voting for one?

Makes no sense.

I'm not really buying the whole JD/Dr. Cox angle. Seems like a shot in the dark to me...calling someone a girls name is far from conclusive evidence.

Who is to say they are even playing the game as their characters anyway? RJF has a witty posting style in general, no way to state definitively that he is even acting out his character.

I read to slow to read everthing but from what EY is saying im starting to pull my suspicions away from THor and im starting to lean more toward JVOR as the guiltier other the 3 with the most votes so since i might have time to post this weekend i dont wanna be left out so here

UNVOTE: WAR

VOTE: JVoR

I'm not really buying the whole JD/Dr. Cox angle. Seems like a shot in the dark to me...calling someone a girls name is far from conclusive evidence.

Who is to say they are even playing the game as their characters anyway? RJF has a witty posting style in general, no way to state definitively that he is even acting out his character.

Vicious buys the Dr. Cox/RJF characters. Not the Thor/JD.

No. Calling someone a girls name is not conclusive evidence.

But combine that with also calling that person newbie (this coming from the same person that calls them a girls name) and going on Dr. Cox like Rants, in a game called 'tv land' and it's pretty conclusive.

Combine that with the 'he noticed me' response, and you've got pretty strong evidence of the TV show Scrubs.

There's no way to be definitive of course, but I sure do have a ****-ton of 'circumstantial evidence' vs nothing remotely close to conclusive on either of them.

No. Calling someone a girls name is not conclusive evidence.

But combine that with also calling that person newbie (this coming from the same person that calls them a girls name) and going on Dr. Cox like Rants, in a game called 'tv land' and it's pretty conclusive.

Combine that with the 'he noticed me' response, and you've got pretty strong evidence of the TV show Scrubs.

There's no way to be definitive of course, but I sure do have a ****-ton of 'circumstantial evidence' vs nothing remotely close to conclusive on either of them.

I don't watch Scrubs, so I can't really comment on these points.

And just because he plays a TV character doctor does not necessary mean he has a doctor role in this game.

And just because he plays a TV character doctor does not necessary mean he has a doctor role in this game.

I watch scrubs reruns every night on fox as I'm going to bed. Trust me, they're dead on.

And no, they may not be the doctor, but as I've said, if it's even remotely possible, it's not worth killing them on day one.

As I've also said, it's not smart to kill people who are making it fairly obvious they are linked by their role as it would be too obvious and easy, and I just don't see the game playing out that way.

I dont either, but dont you see it as enough to keep them around?

If there is the slightest inclination that they are doctors, why kill them on the first night.

Once again, this goes back to my point, why kill anyone with an apparent role at this point? It doesnt make sense to me.

EY, why did you just unvote JVoR?

Explain the 'he noticed me' response.

Also... explain the fact that RJF has ONLY referred to Thor as 'newbie', no one else.

In a typical mafia game, town players do not know each other. Why would Doggin give the town a huge advantage by making townie "couples" who know each others role?

Also... explain the fact that RJF has ONLY referred to Thor as 'newbie', no one else.

It could be with the directed anger. Although it seems RJF has a generally sour disposition in this game. For Vicious, RJF has a doctor role and should be protected, while Thor on the other hand hasn't spoken much and did have one response of "he noticed me".

My only problem with this whole RJF / Thor, Cox / JD thing is there are just too many holes in it. First off, if we're going to link this to a doctor's role, I can't possible imagine doggin giving us two doctors in the game. And not only that, but also making it so obvious as to who the doctor(s) actually is. Also, a quick review of the thread and I noticed Thor didn't start his posting style until well into the thread. I think the first post I saw that had a potential hint of it was like his 8th post. Perhaps its also restricted to the interaction between himself and RJF, but I also don't get the purpose in them going out of their way to be so obvious about it, especially if one/both of them are doctors, making them obvious targets for mafia. This whole thing smells fishy to me, but I'm not 100% sure what to make of it just yet.

The biggest thing is that I know they haven't ever been buddies like this out on the regular board.. They really haven't interacted at all in fact. Now all the sudden EJF can't help but insult him in a game called TV land?

So there's only 3 possibilities I think, either they are legit good guy team, a bad mafia team, or a clever mafia team that's invented "doctor" like roles and bet on the fact that someone would overthink it and label them untouchable..

I have unvoted since the Doctor Cox thing, I don't think lynching one of them is a good idea..

In a typical mafia game, town players do not know each other. Why would Doggin give the town a huge advantage by making townie "couples" who know each others role?

There called masons and many mafia games have them. Could be a consolidation to the town for having other gimped roles (like having to talk in the third person)

What is invisable and smells like carrots?

Rabbit farts.

My only problem with this whole RJF / Thor, Cox / JD thing is there are just too many holes in it. First off, if we're going to link this to a doctor's role, I can't possible imagine doggin giving us two doctors in the game. And not only that, but also making it so obvious as to who the doctor(s) actually is. Also, a quick review of the thread and I noticed Thor didn't start his posting style until well into the thread. I think the first post I saw that had a potential hint of it was like his 8th post. Perhaps its also restricted to the interaction between himself and RJF, but I also don't get the purpose in them going out of their way to be so obvious about it, especially if one/both of them are doctors, making them obvious targets for mafia. This whole thing smells fishy to me, but I'm not 100% sure what to make of it just yet.

That is why Vicious is sticking with his vote. It changed. RJF has had a sour disposition from post #1.

Bumped for opinions::

As a quick note, it seems the more time goes on the more potential day role players that are being discovered. Off the top of my head, those who either clearly have roles or have at least been questioned as having one by some posters include:

CTM

Vicious

RJF

Thor

war ensemble

I think War Ensemble gave up on that... funny too, cause he edited his post earlier to include a line befitting what we thought was his role requirement:

(starting with post 120)

What a duty-loving, law-abiding lot we all seem to be!

Be sure thy sin will find thee out.

You're not allowed to edit your posts.

****! I apologize. My original post just had the first line and I edited the second in. A moderator could time-stamp verify that for me.

Totally forgot, my bad.

At the time, I assumed he forgot and faced penalty for forgetting to fulfill his role requirement. Now I think it *could* be something more devious. Hard to believe though that a first timer would fake a day requirement to avoid suspicion..

What say you WE?

What is a dogs favourite school subject?

"Dog-Ruff-E "

Archived