TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So there's only 3 possibilities I think, either they are legit good guy team, a bad mafia team, or a clever mafia team that's invented "doctor" like roles and bet on the fact that someone would overthink it and label them untouchable..

Exactly. The TV Land game can easily be used as an advantage by the mafia. It's easy to pretend to be a character, and people are buying it up hook, line, and sinker.

There called masons and many mafia games have them. Could be a consolidation to the town for having other gimped roles (like having to talk in the third person)

Gotcha.

Bumped for opinions::

I think War Ensemble gave up on that... funny too, cause he edited his post earlier to include a line befitting what we thought was his role requirement:

(starting with post 120)

At the time, I assumed he forgot and faced penalty for forgetting to fulfill his role requirement. Now I think it *could* be something more devious. Hard to believe though that a first timer would fake a day requirement to avoid suspicion..

What say you WE?

What is a dogs favourite school subject?

"Dog-Ruff-E "

We have discussed the role of possible "fake" role-playing. Vicious thinks this is the category Thor falls into.

I watch scrubs reruns every night on fox as I'm going to bed. Trust me, they're dead on.

And no, they may not be the doctor, but as I've said, if it's even remotely possible, it's not worth killing them on day one.

As I've also said, it's not smart to kill people who are making it fairly obvious they are linked by their role as it would be too obvious and easy, and I just don't see the game playing out that way.

I especially liked RJF doing teh Re-hee-hee-ealy. I'm still not convinced on Thor having a J.D. role but I'll UNVOTE for now.

I would recommend that a cop or any cop-like roles investigate one of them tonight.

Bumped for opinions::

I think War Ensemble gave up on that... funny too, cause he edited his post earlier to include a line befitting what we thought was his role requirement:

(starting with post 120)

At the time, I assumed he forgot and faced penalty for forgetting to fulfill his role requirement. Now I think it *could* be something more devious. Hard to believe though that a first timer would fake a day requirement to avoid suspicion..

What say you WE?

What is a dogs favourite school subject?

"Dog-Ruff-E "

1. That may have been the worst joke I've ever heard. I actually had to read it 3 times in order to get it, at which point I became angry.

2. This seems to be a trend. I'm starting to fully believe that the mafia has attempted to have some of their guys take on "day roles" in order to throw things off. Yourself and Vicious were the only obvious ones out of the gate. On review later, RJF seemed to be pretty consistent with it from the beginning, although with a few exceptions. Then you have guys like Thor and WE who have made obvious attempts to fulfill or act as if they were fulfilling some sort of role. However, neither have done so with any level of consistency. Not to mention that there would appear to be other town-aligned players with roles that don't have obvious day roles (e.g., Columbo/the cop?, the watcher referenced in the opening scene) and there's only so many players in the game who could realistically have a role.

At this point I think we should lynch an inactive cause it's looking more and more like we are going to get a random lynch. (I'd rather it be someone who isn't helping us find scum)

Thor's posts on their own are highly suspicious, but I can't ignore the fact that RJF targetted him right out of the gate. The team play was intially coming from 1 direction.

War Ens. hasn't really said or done much of anything suspicious (or at all?), but why edit the post to include that line which directly lead to several of us believing he also had some kind of post restriction..

WoodyPaige was the first to make the doctor observation, which if he was mafia is a risky move (why not just let the town lynch the doctor) Of course, like a slow player in poker, he could've tried to slow play us there, but is he that disciplined?

Uart is inactive other then to champion my lynch with no substantiation

Irishjet is inactive and has a gut feeling about me..

JetsThings is MIA since his Thor vote

---

And sorry about the jokes, I'm running out :D

Why are there no asprins in the jungle?

Because the Parots-ate-em-all

At this point I think we should lynch an inactive cause it's looking more and more like we are going to get a random lynch. (I'd rather it be someone who isn't helping us find scum)

Thor's posts on their own are highly suspicious, but I can't ignore the fact that RJF targetted him right out of the gate. The team play was intially coming from 1 direction.

War Ens. hasn't really said or done much of anything suspicious (or at all?), but why edit the post to include that line which directly lead to several of us believing he also had some kind of post restriction..

WoodyPaige was the first to make the doctor observation, which if he was mafia is a risky move (why not just let the town lynch the doctor) Of course, like a slow player in poker, he could've tried to slow play us there, but is he that disciplined?

Uart is inactive other then to champion my lynch with no substantiation

Irishjet is inactive and has a gut feeling about me..

JetsThings is MIA since his Thor vote

---

And sorry about the jokes, I'm running out :D

Why are there no asprins in the jungle?

Because the Parots-ate-em-all

Vicious agrees. We should set a time that we all cast a vote on an inactive. The random could be anyone who is active that was truly useful.

Voting for Thor is a mistake. It may be his first game, but do you think he's so obviously acknowledging a partnership with RJF?

Remember he said, 'he noticed me'. RJF has called him Newbie, and a girls name as well. That's typical JD/Dr. Cox stuff.

Either, they are the two worst scum players imaginable, or their relationship is relevant on the side of the good.

I refuse to believe they are that dumb. Vote for them, if you want, but when he turns up innocent, it'll be you they're looking for next.

People made the mistake of ignoring me when I told them that smashmouth must be killed, and the town lost the game. Lets see if they make the same mistake again.

Thanks, Brown Bear.

My lack of posting has directly to do with this being my first time playing. I have asked Doggin' several times exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm still trying to figure it out.

That said, I'm positive about 3 people who are townies. And fairly certain of two who are pure evil. I'm considering changing my vote.

Between his recent open mocking of us and the initial giving out the most obnoxious, god awful day roles known to man, would it be possible for us to lynch doggin?

Not confirming or denying that there are day roles, but I wanted you to know I accept your challenge to include some worse ones in the next game I mod :yahoo:

Thanks, Brown Bear.

My lack of posting has directly to do with this being my first time playing. I have asked Doggin' several times exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm still trying to figure it out.

That said, I'm positive about 3 people who are townies. And fairly certain of two who are pure evil. I'm considering changing my vote.

Care to enlighten the rest of us?

I find it curious that a number of people have claimed to be so sure about the alignment of other players yet very rarely have they revealed who they are sure about and / or why they are so sure. Honestly, wouldn't this information be relevant to all of us? After all, the mafia typically knows who each other are and therefore, they already know who's innocent, so the only people you're keeping this information from is other townies. That doesn't really make much sense, does it?

Thanks, Brown Bear.

Brown Bear- obvious J.D. but I'm still not convinced. This started way too late.

I'm also starting to think that focusing on day roles is bad for now. There is definitely the possibility that people are faking roles, and even if we discover who is actually what, it still doesn't tell us anything about whether that role is good or evil.

Or, in other words, what I said about 20 pages ago ;)

Care to enlighten the rest of us?

I find it curious that a number of people have claimed to be so sure about the alignment of other players yet very rarely have they revealed who they are sure about and / or why they are so sure. Honestly, wouldn't this information be relevant to all of us? After all, the mafia typically knows who each other are and therefore, they already know who's innocent, so the only people you're keeping this information from is other townies. That doesn't really make much sense, does it?

Yes it is curious... Especially considering that the mafia are the only players that really know alignment at this point. This information can be used by the mafia to gain control of the town in a variety of ways, for example (an entirely hypothetically) lets say we lynched Thor and he turns up innocent. EY instantly vaults into town leadership position. But maybe the only reason EY was so certain of Thor's alignment was because he was mafia to begin and knows everybody's alignment. Now we'd have mafia running the town into the ground and it'd be too late before we figured it out..

We need to be careful here. I am pretty well lost and would prefer to lynch an inactive, it's the best I got right now until we can analyze some new info. I'm also real curious about Thor's alignment and am tempted to lynch him as it'll give us some solid info on other players..

Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?

He was charged with battery.

Thanks, Brown Bear.

So,you're making it obvious that you are not a role-less townie. Because that role would not require repeated elucidation. Hmmm......

Or, in other words, what I said about 20 pages ago ;)

Yes it is curious... Especially considering that the mafia are the only players that really know alignment at this point. This information can be used by the mafia to gain control of the town in a variety of ways, for example (an entirely hypothetically) lets say we lynched Thor and he turns up innocent. EY instantly vaults into town leadership position. But maybe the only reason EY was so certain of Thor's alignment was because he was mafia to begin and knows everybody's alignment. Now we'd have mafia running the town into the ground and it'd be too late before we figured it out..

We need to be careful here. I am pretty well lost and would prefer to lynch an inactive, it's the best I got right now until we can analyze some new info. I'm also real curious about Thor's alignment and am tempted to lynch him as it'll give us some solid info on other players..

Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?

He was charged with battery.

To Vicious, this is the best case scenario. We're all kind of in the dark here, yet his JD quotes have come out of nowhere. Can we all agree on a time for us to cast a vote on a inactive if no one will be lynched prior to tomorrow?

To Vicious, this is the best case scenario. We're all kind of in the dark here, yet his JD quotes have come out of nowhere. Can we all agree on a time for us to cast a vote on a inactive if no one will be lynched prior to tomorrow?

A vote for me is a vote for evil. Just letting you know.

If we're voting for an inactive, here are the bottom 4 in terms of fewest number of posts.

LiLMiCKMANTLE-15 posts

Irish Jet-13 posts

Jets Things-12 posts

uart-10 posts

A vote for me is a vote for evil. Just letting you know.

If we're voting for an inactive, here are the bottom 4 in terms of fewest number of posts.

LiLMiCKMANTLE-15 posts

Irish Jet-13 posts

Jets Things-12 posts

uart-10 posts

My posts are few, but chock full of awesome.

You should vote for the highest post-counts. If you have to talk too much, you have something to hide or explain away.

Vote for CTM...

The first day does not look like it will end well. We're at a stalemate here and no one is willing to put someone over the top in the vote count.

Question: The first post says that a random player will be lynched if no majority is reached by the deadline. Does that include mafia members or is it limited to only townies?

Archived