Kellen article on Insider...

fatcatxl

He I read the Dustin Keller one and he said that he learned a lot from his rookie season. He now knows that as hard as he worked, he has to work even harder to make it through a full season.

He didn't speak bad of Mangini, but said he is looking forward to Ryan's style of play. He is glad the offense is intact and the kid QBs have a lot of talent.

He also talked about his Grandmother's sister being Helen Keller. I didn't know that part. All in all a good read.

Except I don't have access and I made all that up. Otherwise it was excellent.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it was an article making a case that Clemens should be the starter next year based on Jaws opinion of him. Also his completion perecentage compared to games started is comparable to Eli Manning (60.8 completion percentage, 37 starts) and Drew Brees (61.1 completion percentage, 37 starts) on the high end and Patrick Ramsey (58.9 completion percentage, 32 starts) on the low end (clemens started 32 games and had a 61 completion percentage). Also brought up that he was a much better QB duing his time with the Ducks than Harrington and Smith were when they were there (yes two huge busts at QB wew QB's at Oregon)

Lastly it brought up the team Clemens was QB for a bad jets team with no experience, not much around him especially on the line, Pennington was not able to do much better with the same team.

This came right from the article, i'd say it can make an argument for him or against him.

Kellen Clemens didn't light it up in his early opportunities with the Jets, but neither did some of the game's best QBs. A look at QB ratings for a few recent standouts:

Player First 7 games Career Kellen Clemens 66.8 59.3 Peyton Manning 64.1 94.7 Donovan McNabb 63.2 85.9 Carson Palmer 62.6 88.9 Drew Bledsoe 61.9 77.1 Eli Manning 55.2 76.1

If it's the one I'm thinking of it was an article making a case that Clemens should be the starter next year based on Jaws opinion of him. Also his completion perecentage compared to games started is comparable to Eli Manning (60.8 completion percentage, 37 starts) and Drew Brees (61.1 completion percentage, 37 starts) on the high end and Patrick Ramsey (58.9 completion percentage, 32 starts) on the low end (clemens started 32 games and had a 61 completion percentage). Also brought up that he was a much better QB duing his time with the Ducks than Harrington and Smith were when they were there (yes two huge busts at QB wew QB's at Oregon)

Lastly it brought up the team Clemens was QB for a bad jets team with no experience, not much around him especially on the line, Pennington was not able to do much better with the same team.

This came right from the article, i'd say it can make an argument for him or against him.

Kellen Clemens didn't light it up in his early opportunities with the Jets, but neither did some of the game's best QBs. A look at QB ratings for a few recent standouts:

Player First 7 games Career Kellen Clemens 66.8 59.3 Peyton Manning 64.1 94.7 Donovan McNabb 63.2 85.9 Carson Palmer 62.6 88.9 Drew Bledsoe 61.9 77.1 Eli Manning 55.2 76.1

Thanks for the breakdown.

As much as I want to see Kellen get a shot, he has to earn it. No matter who we bring in, if we decide to got that route, he needs to earn the job.

He I read the Dustin Keller one and he said that he learned a lot from his rookie season. He now knows that as hard as he worked, he has to work even harder to make it through a full season.

He didn't speak bad of Mangini, but said he is looking forward to Ryan's style of play. He is glad the offense is intact and the kid QBs have a lot of talent.

He also talked about his Grandmother's sister being Helen Keller. I didn't know that part. All in all a good read.

Except I don't have access and I made all that up. Otherwise it was excellent.

hahaha to bad the article was about Kellen Clemens lol not Dustin Keller

Archived