The Champions League Thread

RaoulDuke

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea should have had at 2 penalties in this game, they were robbed.

Barca can't penetrate English teams like they do with Beyarn, Madrid etc. They'll have a tough time getting by Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand however the match up of John O'Shea and Thiery Henry is less than appealing for United.

Uniteds ability to counter attack (Which is MUCH superior to Chelsea's) will make the difference IMO.

I wonder did Platini have a few words with the referee before the match, along the lines of "Make sure we don't have an all England final again - or else!"?

There were some shocking decisions, the non-penalties, the red card was a joke too.

And the meltdown at the end? I thought Ballack was going to flatten the ref, and as for Drogba's reaction? A thing of beauty.

Especially when Sky, repeating it, forgot to bleep it out. :mrgreen:

And surprise surprise, that little f**king c**t Jamie Redkrapp is trying to excuse Chelsea's reaction.

14ui442.jpg

"It's a f**king disgrace!" :rl:

And now Hiddink's after saying his players believe it was a stitch up organised by UEFA.

Chelsea might find themselves kicked out of Europe next season.

And there's always hope, maybe Berbac**t'll get injured against Shi*ty at the weekend.

LMAO at the GIF. Drogba occasionally makes Ronaldo look like a good honest human being. He's going to be ****ed for saying that, no way he can get away with blatantly staring into the TV cameras and swearing.

I can't see Ferguson starting Berbatov anyways. Thankfully it looks like he's been out of favor. I doubt either he or Tevez will start, which is a shame because Tevez, along with Paul Scholes was probably our best player against Barca last season in the semi-final.

I thinK Evra (Who'll get support from Rooney) should be okay against Messi. It's Henry on the other side that scares me. Our right back situation is pretty dire. That's probably why Park will get the nod over Tevez/Berbatov with Ronaldo playing as the lone striker.

My prediction would be that he plays the same team that beat Arsenal in the 2nd leg with Giggs coming in for Fletcher.

Did you see Sky tonight? United are finally in talks with Tevez's people about a permanent deal.

Make it happen!

They ****ing better. He's so important to this team and is SO much better than Berbatov (Funny how they were willing to spend

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have injury info?

from what I hear, Daniel Alves and Eric Abidal are suspended and Rafael Marquez has a knee injury

TEAMS

Barcelona: Valdes, Puyol, Toure, Pique, Sylvinho, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Eto'o, Henry.

Subs: Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Krkic, Keita, Rodriguez, Muniesa.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Ronaldo, Rooney.

Subs: Kuszczak, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, Rafael, Evans, Tevez.

****ing awful first half. Uniteds lack of a true holding midfielder is killing them. Chelsea had it with Essien and United's best two are probably Darren Fletcher (Suspended) and Owen Hargreaves (Injured). Anderson and Carrick have been terrible can't get the ****ing ball.

They need to get Tevez on. He'll at least put some pressure on Barca and wont let them pass it around with such ease at the back. Even Berbatov could be useful, as he's composed if nothing else and could probably complete a ****ing pass.

They need a big second half, I've a very bad feeling about this.

Archived