The Champions League Thread

RaoulDuke

Man U. looked awful in the first half. It seemed like Barca was getting to all the loose balls.

Seems strange that UEFA would bring in a new ball for this game. The announcers are saying that it moves around like a knuckleball.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man U. looked awful in the first half. It seemed like Barca was getting to all the loose balls.

Seems strange that UEFA would bring in a new ball for this game. The announcers are saying that it moves around like a knuckleball.

Man U. look like they don't even want to be there. That ball is going all over the place. Who makes it?

Manchester never recovered from that first goal. They were dominating the game at that point putting pressure on the Barca defense.

After the goal, Barca put on a passing clinic for the rest of the game.

Sorry for your loss Man U fans but at least you guys got there and aside from today, played some brilliant football. Barca was just too much and on top of their game today.

As for bringing in a new ball for a freaking championship game, that's insane.

As Jet fans, we have all been there: Trying to look at every possible angle for an answer for our abysmal play. On this day, Man U was flat, and Barca wanted it more.

As Jet fans, we have all been there: Trying to look at every possible angle for an answer for our abysmal play. On this day, Man U was flat, and Barca wanted it more.

You're spot on Borgo.......well except for the reference to the Jets ever being in a championship game. :lol: Just playing with your words, I hear ya man.

You're spot on Borgo.......well except for the reference to the Jets ever being in a championship game. :lol: Just playing with your words, I hear ya man.

Why can't we have another Supe moment? Mother f**ker, it's been since 1968-69 season. One day, I'm gonna flip for real, and this will be the reason.

A piss poor performance all round. Barcelona were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved that.

Owen Hargreaves better get healthy and come back strong next season. Tha was one of the most pitiful midfield diplays I've seen in years.

Owen Hargreaves better get healthy and come back strong next season. Tha was one of the most pitiful midfield diplays I've seen in years.

Do you kind of feel the pain I felt after the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl? It sucks going into a Championship Game as an overwhelming favourite and then losing.

Do you kind of feel the pain I felt after the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl? It sucks going into a Championship Game as an overwhelming favourite and then losing.

We weren't favoured to that extent but yeah it's sickening.

At least we won the Premiership though and matched the scouser scum with 18 titles.

PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria (AP) - Police say a Manchester United fan killed four people when he plowed his bus into a Nigerian crowd celebrating Barcelona's victory in the Champion's League final in Rome.

Rivers State police spokeswoman Rita Inoma-Abbey said the driver was in custody Thursday after making a U-turn and driving into the crowd of fans cheering Barcelona's 2-0 win over United on Wednesday night.

Abbey said more than 10 other people were injured in the incident.

• 4 months later...

Decent performance I suppose, at least we're through and have it over with (Poor GOB).

Nani is completely ****ing useless. He absolutely needs to be gone in January, can't stand him. Valencia looks to be improving although I don't think he has any sort of world class potential, he may be the most one footed player I've ever seen, no threat to cut inside at all.

Nice to have Fletcher back even if he was pretty poor. We missed him against Liverpool, he'll at least go out and get stuck into guys (Unlike Carrick and Scholes). I still think we're pretty weak in midfield. Fletcher I mentioned and Anderson has been very good this season but away from them there's not much. Carrick defines average while Scholes' legs just aren't there. I love the guy but in every game he starts there's all sorts of problems and holes in midfield. He could be a great impact sub though, still has the quality. Hopefully Hargreaves comes back strong, although that's very questionable.

Nice showing from Neville too, he doesn't have much left but man he can still cross a ball. Was rolling back the years against Moscow.

Chelsea are going to be a bastard on Sunday. They're playing great and look like the team to beat. Rooney needs to come good, even with his goals he's been far from his best this season. Berbatov? Ugh, still doesn't do nearly enough for me but hopefully he can do something (For once) against a big team.

I'm calling it now. United are going to go hard after both David Silva and David Villa in January. I'm seeing Berbatov, Nani plus a **** load of money for the two of them and I'll be disco dancing.

Not happening but **** it I can dream.

I'm calling it now. United are going to go hard after both David Silva and David Villa in January. I'm seeing Berbatov, Nani plus a **** load of money for the two of them and I'll be disco dancing.

Not happening but **** it I can dream.

Be abso-f**king-lutely wonderful if it were to happen.

And it's a pity Lyon took so long to wake up tonight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So the Bayern - United final is still on. Milan were shockingingly bad, not as bad as Porto last night though. I mean, letting Bendtner score a hat trick?:-s

Real Madrid? :rl::rl::rl::rl:

I was very happy to see Madrid get knocked out by a French team. So much for their off-season spending spree...

So the Bayern - United final is still on. Milan were shockingingly bad, not as bad as Porto last night though. I mean, letting Bendtner score a hat trick?:-s

Real Madrid? :rl::rl::rl::rl:

Porto and Milan were awful, United and Arsenal should get a better test in the quarter finals. As long as Rooney is healthy United have a chance, what a ****ing player that guy is. Barcelona are the team I

Archived