The Champions League Thread

RaoulDuke

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice draw, eh GOB? Should be a good match.

Without sounding arrogant that's a pretty great draw to get United back the final. Arsenal/Barca should be an interesting match. Will be rooting for Arsenal to knock those Catalan ****ers out!

:head: when I saw that I shed a tear. LOL

Arsenal/Barca & Man U/Bayern? How does that happen really? :suicide:

I don't see Bayern pulling this one out, but weirder things have happened, right Chelsea? :razz:

Man U has a nice draw for sure and I agree, I hope Arsenal breaks it off in Barca's ass.

• 2 weeks later...
What a great comeback for Bayern.

As for Rooney, I hope he heals......in September....:lol:

September? F**k that. He needs to heal for Saturday, that's the most important game of the season as far as I'm concerned. Screw the Champions league, screw the World Cup, it's title No 19 I want.

Wasn't all bad tonight, Forfar put 4 past the Hobbits. :mrgreen:

What a bad night, really. Worst performance I've seen in a while from United, I don't know whether it was the attitude or what they just did not show up. Rooney was terrible, he scored, took his goal well but after that he done nothing but miss a glorious chance and waste the ball everytime he touched it. I still can't believe Fergie persists with Michael Carrick, he is so blatantly awful in every game he plays nowadays. He went from mediocre to just flat out awful. He needs to go, sucks that Anderson got injured because he at least would have provided a short term alternative.

VDS kept us in the game and the result is actually not to bad, but with the injury to Rooney and the games we have coming up, things are not looking good. If ever there was a time for Berbatov to get rid of the "flop" label, it's now. Need a big few games from him with Rooney out.

Congrats G.O.B. Good luck against whichever of those Frogs who won tonight.. Though if there's any justice in this world, Ribery'll have his leg broken next week and miss the World Cup. This whole waving an imaginary card crap needs to be stopped. The ref wasn't going to give a card until Ribery started his ****.

Congrats G.O.B. Good luck against whichever of those Frogs who won tonight.. Though if there's any justice in this world, Ribery'll have his leg broken next week and miss the World Cup. This whole waving an imaginary card crap needs to be stopped. The ref wasn't going to give a card until Ribery started his ****.

Thanks. I didn't get to see the game since I was at work, but followed it online. Didn't see any of the antics.

Great win for Bayern. As for the next round, can't see the Germans losing to ANYTHING French.

Robben's goal was incredible.

That it was. He took it beautifully.

Thanks. I didn't get to see the game since I was at work, but followed it online. Didn't see any of the antics.

Great win for Bayern. As for the next round, can't see the Germans losing to ANYTHING French.

I think Bayern's chances depend on the Special Ed One beating Barcelona in their semi.

Having calmed down a bit, it was a foul, but only borderline yellow, but Ribery got in the ref's face straight away. Not professional, and I think the ref bottled it, especially how he'd been waving away stuff all evening. To be honest, as soon as he got booked, I knew Rafael wasn't going to finish the 90 minutes, he has a habit of getting himself sent off. I just what happened to the directive that c**trag Blatter came out with a couple of years ago, cracking down on the card waving by players.

Wasn't impressed the cynical way the Bayern players targeted Rooney's ankle, and I can just imagine the storm there's going to be in the English media if as it may look, Rooney is hurt again, especially considering that shock, horror, the United manager put his team above their precious World Cup again.

Never mind the fact United pays Rooney's wages, not England.

I still can't believe Fergie persists with Michael Carrick, he is so blatantly awful in every game he plays nowadays. He went from mediocre to just flat out awful. He needs to go.

Bump.

If Michael Carrick's head injury was as serious as I was hoping it was, United are in the semi finals of the Champions League.

Un****ingbelievable, directly responsible for both goals. Utter ****ing prick!

Also, about Rafael, he's incredibly stupid. Not for the first time he has put the team in a bad situation but his talent is unquestionable and if he can learn not to make some of the stupid fouls that he's been making then I think he'll be an excellent RB.

I'll be rooting for Inter from now on. Mourinho, unlike Arsenal, will be disciplined in his approach. It was stupid trying to outplay Barcelona at their own game. Give them a few kicks, get in their faces and counter attack like hell. He set his team out perfectly against Chelsea negating Chelsea's strengths. He took away the overlap by starting 3 up top, I wouldn't be shocked to see him do something similar. They have a hell of a team Inter, guys like Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Sneijder and Eto'o are all world class players. It'll be interesting but it's hard to see anyone stopping the one man mission that is Lionel Messi. That was without Iniesta too, Jesus...

Bump.

If Michael Carrick's head injury was as serious as I was hoping it was, United are in the semi finals of the Champions League.

Un****ingbelievable, directly responsible for both goals. Utter ****ing prick!

His knees are wasted on him. I say cut them off, and transplant them into Hargreaves.

LOVE the sig. :mrgreen:

The only team I want to see win in Europe now is Fulham. Roy Hodgson for manager of the year.

If Bobby Zamora doesn't go to the world cup it will be simply because he's Bobby Zamora. Stupid English.

Fulham for the win! Would love to see 1-0 over the scum in the final.

Also what are the odds in Messi getting sent off against Inter for headbutting Marco Matterazzi?

If Bobby Zamora doesn't go to the world cup it will be simply because he's Bobby Zamora. Stupid English.

Fulham for the win! Would love to see 1-0 over the scum in the final.

Also what are the odds in Messi getting sent off against Inter for headbutting Marco Matterazzi?

Anything that harms England's WC chances is fine by me.

Dunno. After all, Messi's an Argie so the "son of a terrorist whore" won't have quite the same effect as it did on Zidane. Maybe if he goes for the "son of a Mengele experimental whore" angle....

• 2 weeks later...
Not a good few days for Ribery, eh? First it gets out that he's f**king kiddie prostitutes, then he gets sent off for an assault. Still, Bayern are 1 up.

The now 18-year-old claims that Ribery, along with the other two players - Karim Benzema and Sidney Govou - treated her "with utter respect" and deserve to be left alone.

Case Closed - Let's Play Football. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived