Scott in route to broadway per PFT

aec4

In the frenetic moments after midnight, there were conflicting reports as to the destination of Ravens linebacker Bart Scottmag-glass_10x10.gif.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reported that Scott would join teammate Jason Brownmag-glass_10x10.gif with a visit to the Rams. Albert Breer of SportingNews.com reported on the PFT safe haven page at SportingNews.com that Scott would visit the Jets.

Breer now reports that Scott is en route to New York, and that the Jets are expected to make a

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/27/bart-scott-bound-for-broadway/

Scott is on his way here, and the Jets are likely to make a strong offer...

I say sign scott, then take that 3 yr/24M offer to Lewis and make it 17.1M guaranteed and get us BOTH.

David Harris is a damn good ILB and none of the 3 can switch to OLB. We're only signing one of them, there is no need for both.

Scott played outside since Thomas left depending on the defensive alignment

scott's pretty versatile. i trust ryan here. if this is the guy we sign, it means this is the guy ryan wants on his defense. ryan knows defense.......there will be nothing to complain about, imo. of course this is a jets fan sie...so there will be someone complaining i'm sure....lol

Scott is not an OLB.

He's lined up inside and outside. I'd be happywith him playing either position.

He's even said in his interviews.. "I am versitile and can play both positions. If a team slides me inside (implying he played OUTSIDE in the past), that running up the middle stuff stops"

sometimes guys just suck, and finances do not matter as much.

who are we giving the olb job to then? and even if we got a guy like peppers, for instance, to play olb for us......for 550k we couldn't find a back-up olb as good as thomas anyway....so the cut just makes absolutely no sense.

Like we don't already have enough money tied up into OLB. We have glaring holes in other spots. Get Scott then start working on the other situations.

This is last season's roster and I know we've made some cuts but...who ARE our current LBing corps anyway? (or is it Who IS our LB....)

ACTIVE ROSTER

3 Jay Feely K

5 Brett Ratliff QB

6 Reggie Hodges P

11 Kellen Clemens QB

15 Wallace Wright WR

16 Brad Smith WR

17 David Clowney WR

20 Thomas Jones RB

22 Ty Law CB

23 Hank Poteat

24 Darrelle Revis DB

25 Kerry Rhodes S

26 Marcus Mason RB

27 Abram Elam S

29 Leon Washington RB

30 Drew Coleman CB

32 Jesse Chatman RB

31 Ahmad Carroll DB

32 J.R. Reed S

33 Eric Smith S

34 Dwight Lowery CB

44 James Ihedigbo DB

45 Cameron Worrell S

49 Tony Richardson FB

50 Eric Barton LB

52 David Harris LB

53 Cody Spencer LB

56 Vernon Gholston LB

57 Jason Trusnik LB

60 D. Ferguson T

65 Brandon Moore G

66 Alan Faneca G

67 Damien Woody OL

69 C.J. Mosley DT

70 Mike DeVito DE

74 Nick Mangold C

75 Robert Turner OL

77 Kris Jenkins DT

78 Wayne Hunter OT

81 Dustin Keller TE

83 Chansi Stuckey WR

85 James Dearth TE

86 Chris Baker TE

88 Bubba Franks TE

89 Jerricho Cotchery WR

91 Sione Pouha DT

92 Shaun Ellis DE

93 Kenyon Coleman DE

94 Marques Murrell LB

97 Calvin Pace LB

98 Kareem Brown DL

99 Bryan Thomas LB

PRACTICE SQUAD

-- Ryan Keenan G

-- Brian Schaefering DL

14 Marcus Henry

39 Jehuu Caulcrick RB

47 Brandon Renkart LB

54 Kenwin Cummings LB

64 Stanley Daniels OL

98 Kareem Brown DL

76 Stefan Rodgers OL

79 Ropati Pitoitua DE

INJURED RESERVE

9 Erik Ainge QB

22 Jesse Chatman RB

In the frenetic moments after midnight, there were conflicting reports as to the destination of Ravens linebacker Bart Scottmag-glass_10x10.gif.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reported that Scott would join teammate Jason Brownmag-glass_10x10.gif with a visit to the Rams. Albert Breer of SportingNews.com reported on the PFT safe haven page at SportingNews.com that Scott would visit the Jets.

Breer now reports that Scott is en route to New York, and that the Jets are expected to make a

He's lined up inside and outside. I'd be happywith him playing either position.

He's even said in his interviews.. "I am versitile and can play both positions. If a team slides me inside (implying he played OUTSIDE in the past), that running up the middle stuff stops"

Thomas has played well in spurts (second half of 2006, first half of 2008). He is a good athlete. I'll take the chance that coaches who understand defense can get decent production out of him. Remember Ryan mentioned Thomas as "one of the foundation" of the defense. Little signs like that are significant. Giving the kind of money that Lewis will want at this point in his career would be insane for the Jets. As much as Ryan probably loves Lewis, I am sure he knows that.

they will probably lock him in the room, make a sick offer, and say you are not leaving until you sign. they will probably overpay for this guy because he has an attitude.

sounds like Michael telling Kate about Johnny Fontaine's contract negotions between Luca Brasi and the band leader

who are we giving the olb job to then? and even if we got a guy like peppers, for instance, to play olb for us......for 550k we couldn't find a back-up olb as good as thomas anyway....so the cut just makes absolutely no sense.

I said if we sign lewis AND Scott THEN cut Thomas.

Archived