QB dept. : " Believe it: Jets comfortable with green cast of quarterbacks " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Believe it: Jets comfortable with green cast of quarterbacks

By Matt Sohn - March 5, 2009

From the hiring of head coach Rex Ryan to the acquisitions of his Baltimore pupils Bart Scott at inside linebacker and Jim Leonhard at safety, most of the recent attention on the Jets has centered on the defensive side of the ball. Taking a bit of a backseat in the chatter has been the glaring lack of an accomplished quarterback. Sure, there have been rumblings about potential interest in Jay Cutler should the Broncos attempt to deal him again, but no development of any real substance on the QB front has stuck. That

I am a little scared that the jets are going to start Kellen Clemens this season. hear me out. We already know what Clemens has to offer and yes the O-line suxed but he holds on to the ball way too long. he did the same last year in pre-season, that's why everyone one else looked better then him and there was so much buzz about Brett Ratliff, because he let the ball go. I say start brett and let him get some games under his belt. let him learn on the feild. we resigned Feely he has proved himself. Let the D go out there and win games for us. bringing in a QB for a year or 2 isn't going cut it in the long run we need someone long term. let Brett learn. we all know Clemens can't get the job done, lets be real with ourselves.

I am a little scared that the jets are going to start Kellen Clemens this season. hear me out. We already know what Clemens has to offer and yes the O-line suxed but he holds on to the ball way too long. he did the same last year in pre-season, that's why everyone one else looked better then him and there was so much buzz about Brett Ratliff, because he let the ball go. I say start brett and let him get some games under his belt. let him learn on the feild. we resigned Feely he has proved himself. Let the D go out there and win games for us. bringing in a QB for a year or 2 isn't going cut it in the long run we need someone long term. let Brett learn. we all know Clemens can't get the job done, lets be real with ourselves.

What harm is an open competition? Why make a decision now? Let the better man win.

Archived