Notre Dame is for real

nj meadowlands

I know I was one of only a few, but I really felt ND would be a very good team this season, based on the extensive research I did on the top freshman and sophomores in the nation following the 2004 season.

Before the split between JI and JN, I posted at JI that Ty Willingham's outstanding recruiting would eventually payoff for Charlie Weiss...(I would go back and find that, but Sooth only allows paying members to search the threads).

I really felt their offense would be among the best in America this season, but wasn't sure about their defense...looks like their D is good enough.

If you look at ND's personel from top to bottom, it's much better than most feel.

Here's a thread in July where I praised ND offense

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5864&highlight=brady+quinn

I know I was one of only a few, but I really felt ND would be a very good team this season, based on the extensive research I did on the top freshman and sophomores in the nation following the 2004 season.

Before the split between JI and JN, I posted at JI that Ty Willingham's outstanding recruiting would eventually payoff for Charlie Weiss...(I would go back and find that, but Sooth only allows paying members to search the threads).

I really felt their offense would be among the best in America this season, but wasn't sure about their defense...looks like their D is good enough.

If you look at ND's personel from top to bottom, it's much better than most feel.

Here's a thread in July where I praised ND offense

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5864&highlight=brady+quinn

I remember the thread on JI, Rigs. I was unsure just how long it was going to take to clean house of the Bob Davey Era mistakes, similar to what Greg Robinson has on his hands in Syracuse, post-Pasqualoni. Good to see ND "back" (for now). Lloyd Carr has to go, btw.

btw, who do you think will be the better pro: Brady Quinn or Chad Henne? I like them both, but I think Henne is outstanding.

Riggs, want me to help you out with the search? :wink:

BTW, I distinctly remember you posting about Willingham's strong recruiting classes.

Another very good call on your part.

SureTex, if you can....I'd love to see my exact words, but I remember feeling bad that Ty had took over from that joke Davies and changed the whole roster around. After his young kids took the beatings and where getting better, he was canned?

Was that fair?

It's hard to cry for Ty these days, considering what's happening in America, and considering he's made millions the last few seasons for losing games. But, he did a great job recruiting and Charlie might be an "upgrade" as a coach, so ND is a team I really felt strong about.

TS, I think Brady Quinn, at this point, by a long shot....In my opinion, and I've told this to Bitonti, he's the best Jr. QB in America, just barely ahead of the BGSU QB and Michigan's State junior QB.

Thinking back to that ND thread at JI, I may've been the only "non-black" poster that thought Willingham got a raw deal... :lol:

And you're right, the Robinson reference is a good one....GR really has to take a wrecking-ball to that offense and start all over....Unlike Spurrier, he has no QB to over with.

ND could be 9-2 or better, only USC (and maybe Tenn) are real hard games for them.

The Big Ten is not having a good day for two of its supposed top teams- Michigan losing at home and last I looked Iowa losing to Iowa St.

Iowa is still down 16-3 with 11 minutes remaining.

One thing you have to consider with the Iowa game, Drew Tate left in the 2nd quarter with a concussion.

And in the ND-Michigan game, Hart left in the 2nd with his Hammy I believe...who knows if those 2 stay in the game what happens.

All things considered, I thought ND offense was pretty good today and great against Pitt, which has 4 or 5 solid NFL prospects on defense...

Don't forget, once they went ahead by 14 today, Weiss basically just ran out the clock with short runs....I thought Quinn was fine (2 TD's) and Walker was steady at RB.

Section, you are right, Purdue will be tough at Purdue...But don't forget, they've had some internal turmoil this summer--with suspensions, new QB...

I'm gonna say ND can beat them, but I'm not dumb enough to put money on them on the road (albeit in state)...Only USC will be a real tough, almost unwinnable game for them.

Archived