New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am also ok with lynching Jets Babe, I think she'll flip innocent and if she does, that makes me think we have some scum going for low hanging fruit..

If she's guilty, those same folks (including slats) will appear more innocent

Can you elaborate on that point? What from her current behavior is signaling that to you because disappearing the way she has sure doesn't look innocent to me.

Now that this cat is out of the bag, this is what I was referring to earlier. I wanted to give slats the benefit of the doubt as he's proven to be a strong town player and it's a little too early to call it a trend yet, but now he's sure to adjust..

In my mind it's not just about being about all "business". Last game almost nobody thought slats was scum. The reason why was that it was blatantly evident in almost everyone of his posts that he was trying to solve a puzzle. This game I haven't seen any of that out of him, and I'm betting that's because he doesn't have a puzzle to solve this time out (btw, this is how JVOR should've been caught last game)

I'm with the fruit.. (god help me)

unvote

vote Slats

Eh, in looking back at the last game, it's really hard to compare. Slats didn't really start speaking up until everyone jumped on him for the "maybe there's a serial killer" comment, at which point he spent a lot of time defending himself, going after anyone who questioned him, and listing people's post counts. By the time people backed off him, a lot of discussion was happening about several people, so there was a lot more information out there. I don't think Slats really got into his groove until later in the game, so it's hard for me to say that his behavior so early in the game right now is very different.

Now that this cat is out of the bag, this is what I was referring to earlier. I wanted to give slats the benefit of the doubt as he's proven to be a strong town player and it's a little too early to call it a trend yet, but now he's sure to adjust..

In my mind it's not just about being about all "business". Last game almost nobody thought slats was scum. The reason why was that it was blatantly evident in almost everyone of his posts that he was trying to solve a puzzle. This game I haven't seen any of that out of him, and I'm betting that's because he doesn't have a puzzle to solve this time out (btw, this is how JVOR should've been caught last game)

I'm with the fruit.. (god help me)

unvote

vote Slats

I actually did and he had his job issue thingy and everyone backed off of him.

Eh, in looking back at the last game, it's really hard to compare. Slats didn't really start speaking up until everyone jumped on him for the "maybe there's a serial killer" comment, at which point he spent a lot of time defending himself, going after anyone who questioned him, and listing people's post counts. By the time people backed off him, a lot of discussion was happening about several people, so there was a lot more information out there. I don't think Slats really got into his groove until later in the game, so it's hard for me to say that his behavior so early in the game right now is very different.

I think it completely is a different approach. At this point last game, he had several posts that were trying to breakdown potential game set ups...you havent seen that from him. More questioning instead of figuring out.

Its early, but I see a clear difference in his play.

Can you elaborate on that point? What from her current behavior is signaling that to you because disappearing the way she has sure doesn't look innocent to me.

I'm also interested to hear why CTM thinks she'll flip innocent.

And I'm realizing that we might not get a busload of information from this lynch if she does flip innocent, since she's been acting so scummy. But I still feel that scummily-acting people should get lynched, and as Woody said, her behavior is not a help to the town.

In fact, the more I think about it, it makes sense to me that scum would want to keep her around as long as possible, whether she's guilty or innocent. If she's innocent, they have the guarantee that we'll lynch her sooner or later, and she's absolutely no threat to them.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what I think of this. It's very, very early in the game. Is this really a big departure from the way he played at the beginning of the last game? I'm not certain what kind of puzzle he could possibly be solving at this point, based on the very scant information we have.

I'm going to go back and read some of his earlier posts from the last game ...

Last game I was speculating on the make-up of the game early, being that an 18 player game seemed unconventional to me. Mentioning the possibility of a serial killer to potentially even things out made me an early vote getter.

This game seems more conventional, and I don't have any clever ideas about how the teams or roles might've been handed out.

Last game was also the first time I did anything social on this site. I've been registered since 2005, I only ventured into the lounge for the first time (or so) this year and read the mafia threads while bored at work. So naturally, I'm a little more social this time around.

I am also ok with lynching Jets Babe, I think she'll flip innocent and if she does, that makes me think we have some scum going for low hanging fruit..

If she's guilty, those same folks (including slats) will appear more innocent

I should appear innocent. I am, and I'm sitting back posting whatever honest ideas I have as a result. There's a strong possibility that JB will flip innocent, which is a major reason I don't want to drive the train on her - but I really don't know where else to turn.

You wanna turn towards me? You can get a new voting pattern and analyze it later, I guess. But if you lynch me you'll be lynching an innocent player. One who (I'd like to think ;)) could help you pick out scum down the road.

I actually did and he had his job issue thingy and everyone backed off of him.

I think it completely is a different approach. At this point last game, he had several posts that were trying to breakdown potential game set ups...you havent seen that from him. More questioning instead of figuring out.

Its early, but I see a clear difference in his play.

That's valid. He certainly seems less anxious than the last game, at any rate. Although that was his first game, and everyone here in general seems more laid-back at the moment.

I agree with JiF and CTM's theory on slats BUT I believe it's too premature to act on it because, if innocent, slats will remain an asset.

I'm comfortable with the Vicious vote for now. I don't know about JB train, although she does seem suspicious. I don't want to be the deciding vote at the moment, so I'll stay away from that train unless there is more info to support the lynch.

Just a gut feeling and there's been a lot of passive pushing of her train.. It fits in with my slats as scum theory as well.

I agree with JiF and CTM's theory on slats BUT I believe it's too premature to act on it because, if innocent, slats will remain an asset.

I'm comfortable with the Vicious vote for now. I don't know about JB train, although she does seem suspicious. I don't want to be the deciding vote at the moment, so I'll stay away from that train unless there is more info to support the lynch.

What do people think of the difference in SMC's behavior? Incredibly eager to lynch people last game but now demonstrating restraint. Won't even vote for Slats, who isn't anywhere near being lynched.

I've read it 3 X's and I still don't know what the hell he's talking about.

Meaning that Jets Babe is almost always an easy lynch, maybe some newb scum are anxious to get to their first night phase so they are taking the path of least resistance..

What do people think of the difference in SMC's behavior? Incredibly eager to lynch people last game but now demonstrating restraint. Won't even vote for Slats, who isn't anywhere near being lynched.

My mistake, I forgot he already voted for Vicious ...

He's reminding me a bit of the last Bleedin game where I figured out he was scum at the last possible chance and people didn't follow..

I'm more or less neutral on him, but it's got that vibe where something doesn't feel right..

I should appear innocent. I am, and I'm sitting back posting whatever honest ideas I have as a result. There's a strong possibility that JB will flip innocent, which is a major reason I don't want to drive the train on her - but I really don't know where else to turn.

Either that or you know she's innocent and don't want to take the blame even though you've been gently pushing this train along the whole time...

Get my drift..

You wanna turn towards me? You can get a new voting pattern and analyze it later, I guess. But if you lynch me you'll be lynching an innocent player. One who (I'd like to think ;)) could help you pick out scum down the road.

AS I said, I didn't want to mention this till the follow day phase partially due to the skill you displayed last game. I wanted to give youe very chance to right the ship..

Either that or you know she's innocent and don't want to take the blame even though you've been gently pushing this train along the whole time...

Get my drift..

Well, everyone seems to agree that her behavior is scummy. The problem is that her behavior is always scummy, therefore it's not scummy on her... ?

Getting inactives active is the reason to push them, right? Pushing JB, she whined a little bit about every mafia game sucking for her, just wanting to play from the beginning, then going AWOL in this thread while posting elsewhere on the site. There's not a better option at this stage of the game that I can see - but of course, I have no reason to suspect good ol' slats.

In fact, the more I think about it, it makes sense to me that scum would want to keep her around as long as possible, whether she's guilty or innocent. If she's innocent, they have the guarantee that we'll lynch her sooner or later, and she's absolutely no threat to them.

Why wouldn't they be at least satisfied, if not happy, with any innocent getting lynched? I don't think they would actively try to get someone else lynched when there really isn't another close option at this point. I'd say you were underestimating her too by saying she's absolutely no threat to scum if she's innocent, unless she really has quit.

Well, everyone seems to agree that her behavior is scummy. The problem is that her behavior is always scummy, therefore it's not scummy on her... ?

Getting inactives active is the reason to push them, right? Pushing JB, she whined a little bit about every mafia game sucking for her, just wanting to play from the beginning, then going AWOL in this thread while posting elsewhere on the site. There's not a better option at this stage of the game that I can see - but of course, I have no reason to suspect good ol' slats.

I agree that she has acted scummy, more so than anyone else at this point. But what's the rush? I mean, if as a group we just want to move forward, lynch the most likely candidate, and get to the night phase, it makes sense, but what's the upside?

Why wouldn't they be at least satisfied, if not happy, with any innocent getting lynched? I don't think they would actively try to get someone else lynched when there really isn't another close option at this point. I'd say you were underestimating her too by saying she's absolutely no threat to scum if she's innocent, unless she really has quit.

I'm not sure if I see enough of a reason for them to actively attack her, though. It seems to me that this is a case where the scum could sit back and let the townies do the work for them. She acts so scummy on her own, the actual scum wouldn't have to spend any effort putting together or spinning a case against her.

At least this early in the game, I think the scum might want to keep her around for now, knowing she'll be an easy lynch target at any point in the game. To me, it makes more sense for them to get a different innocent player lynched the first day, especially since everyone agrees that the first day is largely a toss-up.

As a heads up, I'm doing the dinner and a movie thing tonight. I'll probably be away from the computer from 1600/1700 until 2300 or so when I get to work. Don't want anyone to think I'm getting dodgy.

I agree that she has acted scummy, more so than anyone else at this point. But what's the rush? I mean, if as a group we just want to move forward, lynch the most likely candidate, and get to the night phase, it makes sense, but what's the upside?

I'm not in a rush. I'm up for going down other avenues. Got one? I just happen to know that CMT & JiF's idea is a dead end.

And I still stand by this for now, unless her behavior changes. What threat does she pose to scum? Barely posting, and when she does, she contradicts herself so much it draws attention to herself rather than any arguments she might be trying to make against other people. Her suspicious behavior also distracts from any slip-ups the actual scum might make. If I were scum, she is not one of the first townies I'd want to get rid of ...

And I still stand by this for now, unless her behavior changes. What threat does she pose to scum? Barely posting, and when she does, she contradicts herself so much it draws attention to herself rather than any arguments she might be trying to make against other people. Her suspicious behavior also distracts from any slip-ups the actual scum might make. If I were scum, she is not one of the first townies I'd want to get rid of ...

This is true. But scum aren't always so patient and strategic..

I am fine with lynching her, but she should be given a chance to say something first, lest she have some kind of role.

This is true. But scum aren't always so patient and strategic..

I am fine with lynching her, but she should be given a chance to say something first, lest she have some kind of role.

I have no problem with waiting for her to hopefully come back tonight, especially since that should give us a chance to hear from Doggin and EY again as well.

Yup. Can we set some sort of response deadline or something?

She originally said she be away 3-9 most afternoons. Want to give her 'til midnight or so to respond? That would work for me, as that's when I'll be back on, anyway.

Yup. Can we set some sort of response deadline or something?

Not a horrible idea. At this point some of the ideas being brought against slats have been compelling enough for me to consider switching out my vote. His changes aren't blatant, rather it's been quite subtle.

I do think slats has the benefit that guys like EY, Doggin, etc., going on. People perceive him as valuable which is definitely justified. This kinda leads people to be a little more tentative to vote this type of person off.

So is Jets Babe never going to post in the thread again? How is that an appropriate defense?

I can understand suspicion on Slats because there has been a shift in his activity, but I still think AVM's shift has been much more drastic and noticeable. I gave Slats a pass the very 1st day because it was his birthday and I can understand the inactivity there. Since then he has picked it up a little bit but isn't really quite the "figuring out the pieces" that he was last game. But to be fair to him, this game thread has stalled at many points in this game in comparison to last game and there hasn't been terribly much to go on. To be honest, imo JiF should have waited a little bit to see what developed because Slats is clearly going to change his behavior in response to the accusation and we don't learn much from it because he was called out on it early on.

I agree with what's been said about taking this slow especially with no deadline. Like I've said before information gathering is the main goal on Day 1.

To be honest, imo JiF should have waited a little bit to see what developed because Slats is clearly going to change his behavior in response to the accusation and we don't learn much from it because he was called out on it early on.

No, I won't. My play might evolve, but it won't change. I'm still learning. The last game was my first one. Not a lot of pattern to go on. I didn't get rolling in that one until I was dead certain that it was time to lynch EY. That was a few cycles in.

There's nothing to go on with anyone here, outside of the always scummy and obviously AWOL Jets Babe. But I'm content to wait as long as everyone wants to on that.

Hey guys...

Right now, as much as it pains me to do this, unvote vic. I'm willing to revote him if people think he should be punished for the moobs picture.

For my vote, it's either Jets Babe or Dan X right now.

Jets Babe for everyone's aforementioned reasons, and Dan X for working so to keep her in the conversation. He's being subtle about it, but he continuously wants to talk about Jets Babe, Jets Babe, Jets Babe. Maybe he's a horny 20 year old, but maybe he's the one who wants to get things towards the night phase an take out an erratic target, who, no one will think twice about if lynched, because, 'she had it coming'.

The slats argument is interesting, but I'm not ready to go that route just yet.

Hey guys...

Right now, as much as it pains me to do this, unvote vic. I'm willing to revote him if people think he should be punished for the moobs picture.

Jets Babe for everyone's aforementioned reasons, and Dan X for working so to keep her in the conversation. He's being subtle about it, but he continuously wants to talk about Jets Babe, Jets Babe, Jets Babe. Maybe he's a horny 20 year old, but maybe he's the one who wants to get things towards the night phase an take out an erratic target, who, no one will think twice about if lynched, because, 'she had it coming'.

Dan X is the other reason I want to see Jets babe's alignment ;)

Hey guys...

btw, we must let things like this percolate a little longer when dealing with guys playing their 2nd game..

Archived