DHB & GILBERT (with 1st and 2nd)???

Jets1Fan

I think we're resigned to Clemens/Ratliff (I think Clemens wins the competition).

I think Tannenbaum overrules Ryan in the War room on drafting a defensive player (probably a good DE available like Michael Johnson, but I think, WITH THE SEVENTEENTH PICK OVERALL IN THE 2009 NFL DRAFT, THE NEW YORK JETS SELECT

WR - Darius Heyward-Bey-UMD 6'3" - 206 lbs. - 4.30 40 Yard Dash

and then we move up in the second round to select

DE - Jarron Gilbert - San Jose State 6'5" - 288 lbs.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, AND PROPOSE YOUR OWN IDEAS FOR 1st and 2nd

I think we're resigned to Clemens/Ratliff (I think Clemens wins the competition).

I think Tannenbaum overrules Ryan in the War room on drafting a defensive player (probably a good DE available like Michael Johnson, but I think, WITH THE SEVENTEENTH PICK OVERALL IN THE 2009 NFL DRAFT, THE NEW YORK JETS SELECT

A WR in the 1st and a DE in the 2nd ? I like it !!! I don't know a lot about Gilbert but I will by the time the day is over. ;)

That is just what we need is two more workout warriors who haven't produced up to their measurables.

That is just what we need is two more workout warriors who haven't produced up to their measurables.

blah blah blah

the forum wasn't take a giant poop on my idea, but instead, how about

PROPOSE YOUR OWN IF YOU HATE MINE, geez, get over yourself

blah blah blah

poop on your idea!

aCTUALLY, I WOULDN'T BE PISSED...

DEPENDs WHO is THERE.

wtf is UP with the CAPS???????????????????????????

Condescending much?? geez. We have discussed , ad nauseam, the reasons for DHB's good stats and not great stats; The lack of running game, Friedgen's lack of calling DHB's number and Turner just being downright awful. So i won't go into that.

But, Jarron Gilbert is far more than a workout warrior, and you would know this if you saw him play at the East/West Shrine game; he was downright dominant. Even though he didn't play elite competition at San Jose State, he put up good numbers at DT. His last year he showed what a player he can be. With his size and quickness, he was able to penetrate into the backfield consistently from the DT position. Even though he's raw, he has the perfect skill set to be a 5-technique.

It's also nice to see him improve in almost every stat each succeeding year.

Year - Games Played - Tackles - TFL - Sacks

Edit: Oh, and for the record, I think that would be a solid draft. I've been a big DHB fan for a while and he fills a need, but I understand if some are dragging their feet on selecting this guy. I also have had a big mancrush on Gilbert since I saw him at the EW Shrine game, but am praying that somehow we trade up to the beginning of the second to grab Donald Brown or he falls to us.

I would love for us to get Jarron Gilbert...i think he's this years Kendall Langford, who i wished we got...in some mocks they have New England getting him which I pray they don't...if we do go defense in the 1st round and don't get DHB , Johnny Knox looks like a good pick later on...he's a deep threat and has great hands...

blah blah blah

Wow, someone has not grasped the idea of a message board, yet. Make sure you change your tampon before visiting us again.

If Maclin is off the board I could get excited for DHB at 17...great pick...IMHO trading up in the second round for Jarron Gilbert could be a mistake...as I posted in another thread...I'm a little leary of Gilbert...great measurables decent production but has similar rap as Gholston last year..."disappears for stretches"...Ryan already has several players (Gholston and Thomas) who he needs to light a fire under their a@@ for more consistent play. My own choice at 52 would be Fili Moala. Great player who can spell Jenkins (our biggest weakness last year) and also get some reps at DE.

If Maclin is off the board I could get excited for DHB at 17...great pick...IMHO trading up in the second round for Jarron Gilbert could be a mistake...as I posted in another thread...I'm a little leary of Gilbert...great measurables decent production but has similar rap as Gholston last year..."disappears for stretches"...Ryan already has several players (Gholston and Thomas) who he needs to light a fire under their a@@ for more consistent play. My own choice at 52 would be Fili Moala. Great player who can spell Jenkins (our biggest weakness last year) and also get some reps at DE.

+1.

I was actually posting this earlier in a reply and we had one of those lovely Italian blackouts and I was kicked out. I wouldn't mind DHB and Gilbert, but I don't think I'd want to trade up for either. Unless it were for DHB in the 2nd.

I agree, you can't build a team full of guys that look like Tarzan and play like Jane for large stretches of the time.

Archived