WHAT MAGIC TEAM IS BETTER?

Blackout

which team was/is better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which team was/is better?

• 1995 Magic
    • 2009 Magic

Taking a closer looks at the rosters, and match-ups if these were to face each other. I'm doing it if both teams were completely healthy though.

Dwight Howard Vs. Shaquille O'Neal

- Shaq was actually 23 years old in that 1994-1995 season, same age that Dwight Howard is right now. Both can't shoot free throws, both are absolute monsters and almost impossible to cover.

Rashard Lewis Vs. Horace Grant

- This is a part where they're similar. Both were close in age when the teams went to the finals. Their style of play though, is completely different.

Hedo Turkoglu Vs. Dennis Scott

- If there is a part in the lineup that 2009 has an obvious advantage, it'd probably be this one.

Courtney Lee Vs. Nick Anderson

- Lee is just a rookie, though a very good one, I think Anderson has the advantage, although I may be biased, Nick Anderson is still my favorite player to ever put on a Magic jersey.

Jameer Nelson Vs. Penny Hardaway

- 6'7 Point Guard going against a point guard that is although very good, but wouldn't be able to cover someone like Hardaway, especially with how Penny was that good during this time.

Bench:

1995:

Donald Royal

Brian Shaw

Anthony Bowie

Jeff Turner

Geert Hammink

Anthony Avent

2009:

Mickeal Pietrus

Rafer Alston

Marcin Gortat

Anthony Johnson

Tony Battie

J.J. Redick

That 1995 bench was just horrible. Royal, and Shaw were the only two players you could really give time to play in the playoffs. So basically Shaq had basically zero time to get any rest in the playoffs. Gortat is far better then someone like Jeff Turner.

I personally think the bench makes these teams into a close battle, but right now I'd give the slight edge to the 1995 team, because like I said neither Rafer Alston, or Jameer Nelson would be able to cover Penny Hardaway at all.

Taking a closer looks at the rosters, and match-ups if these were to face each other. I'm doing it if both teams were completely healthy though.

Dwight Howard Vs. Shaquille O'Neal

- Shaq was actually 23 years old in that 1994-1995 season, same age that Dwight Howard is right now. Both can't shoot free throws, both are absolute monsters and almost impossible to cover.

Rashard Lewis Vs. Horace Grant

- This is a part where they're similar. Both were close in age when the teams went to the finals. Their style of play though, is completely different.

Hedo Turkoglu Vs. Dennis Scott

- If there is a part in the lineup that 2009 has an obvious advantage, it'd probably be this one.

Courtney Lee Vs. Nick Anderson

- Lee is just a rookie, though a very good one, I think Anderson has the advantage, although I may be biased, Nick Anderson is still my favorite player to ever put on a Magic jersey.

Jameer Nelson Vs. Penny Hardaway

- 6'7 Point Guard going against a point guard that is although very good, but wouldn't be able to cover someone like Hardaway, especially with how Penny was that good during this time.

Bench:

1995:

Donald Royal

Brian Shaw

Anthony Bowie

Jeff Turner

Geert Hammink

Anthony Avent

2009:

Mickeal Pietrus

Rafer Alston

Marcin Gortat

Anthony Johnson

Tony Battie

J.J. Redick

That 1995 bench was just horrible. Royal, and Shaw were the only two players you could really give time to play in the playoffs. So basically Shaq had basically zero time to get any rest in the playoffs. Gortat is far better then someone like Jeff Turner.

I personally think the bench makes these teams into a close battle, but right now I'd give the slight edge to the 1995 team, because like I said neither Rafer Alston, or Jameer Nelson would be able to cover Penny Hardaway at all.

Did you even watch the Eastern Conference Finals?

Did you even watch the Eastern Conference Finals?

So he shot 70% from the free throw line, which is absolutely amazing for him, still doesn't mean he's any different from what Shaq was at the line.

Sorry that I'm taking the side of the team that I rooted for in the mid 90's over the team around the mid 2000's when you started rooting for the Magic.

I'll pass, I'm not really interested in meeting a guy who started rooting for this basketball team when Dwight Howard came.

This diatribe about you being super fan is getting old.

You exposed yourself when you gave up on this team, not me. Give it up, your words are all the proof we need.

JCB = Blackout

This diatribe about you being super fan is getting old.

You exposed yourself when you gave up on this team, not me. Give it up, your words are all the proof we need.

JCB = Blackout

Keep telling yourself that, because I always have conversations with people like Gainzo, and they never seem to ever have problems with me. It's basically just yourself who is basically crying.

why are the 2 Magic fans beefing with eachother? LOL wtf is going on here.

either way I voted the '95 team because Shaq was amazing.....too bad Hakeem was better tho

I personally could care less what he thinks. He Isn't a real fan in my opinion. He hasn't been through the hell that I have been with rooting for this team.

I agree with the 1995 squad definitely better at this moment, but if the 2009 does win it all, then my vote will be changed. I still say Shaq never had the breathing room that Dwight has right now, even though Gortat isn't amazing, but he's a viable backup, and will be a Center for teams to choose from if he does infact become a free agent.

i agree on if the 2009 team can win it all

i heard on ESPN.com that Jameer Nelson is being re-evaluated! if this is true then the 5 day lay-off between the finals is a miracle for the Magic...just incase!

Keep telling yourself that, because I always have conversations with people like Gainzo, and they never seem to ever have problems with me. It's basically just yourself who is basically crying.

Right, Gainzo must be the gauge used to determine your level of bandwagon stature.

You're a fraud, anyone can search your posts and conclude the same.

I haven't seen the Magic yet this year with Jameer running the show.

I personally believe if the Magic had Jameer Nelson fully healthy, with Rafer Alston as the backup point guard, the Magic would take this series by 6 games the absolute latest. That's how good Jameer was for this team. He was the fourth quarter scorer for this team, and I really thought this team was in some serious trouble after that injury. Then Rafer Alston basically saved us... lol

Archived