I got banned

You're never going to eliminate the JI vs. JN stuff.

Not for nothing Boro, but I seem to remember you starting one of these threads some time ago.

I don't think I ever started one, Kleck. Last year, I confronted JW because I was never allowed to state my motives, etc. after my banning at JI. Since that time, I have made peace with JW, Sooth, et. al. at JI, as well as JetsBabe, EY, and all other former JI posters. I only get agitated when I see JI "banees" posting here then leaving once their bans have been lifted.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That will never happen, I promise you.

Oh, I am so tempted right now, haha.

I am against the x # of posts to start threads things because:

• We do catch the spammers pretty quick as is
  • I don't want to limit people and prevent them from also sharing thoughts on gameday etc.
  • If you tell people to post 50 times, they will post 50 garbage times, just to start a thread and that isn't fun to sit through either :-P

I think the ability to start threads should be assigned randomly by the administrator.

This is awesome. This is actually your best post ever. Let's run with this, it could be huge. Everyday there can be 7 people with thread starting rights.

And we have to talk about whatever they choose. Help us all the day 128 is one of the 7.

:rl:

I don't think I ever started one, Kleck. Last year, I confronted JW because I was never allowed to state my motives, etc. after my banning at JI. Since that time, I have made peace with JW, Sooth, et. al. at JI, as well as JetsBabe, EY, and all other former JI posters. I only get agitated when I see JI "banees" posting here then leaving once their bans have been lifted.

Fair point Boro.

But I will never abandon you. I am not allowed to go back and really have no desire to anyway.

Oh, I am so tempted right now, haha.

I am against the x # of posts to start threads things because:

• We do catch the spammers pretty quick as is
  • I don't want to limit people and prevent them from also sharing thoughts on gameday etc.
  • If you tell people to post 50 times, they will post 50 garbage times, just to start a thread and that isn't fun to sit through either :-P

Do you hire guys like Thor just to make you look better or is that just an added bonus?

I'll agree that you have a very good point with number 3. There are people who can't wait to start posting threads when to are new to a site when they should lurk more and get a feel for things. It is just proper forum etiquette.

This is awesome. This is actually your best post ever. Let's run with this, it could be huge. Everyday there can be 7 people with thread starting rights.

And we have to talk about whatever they choose. Help us all the day 128 is one of the 7.

:rl:

I know, whether or not it would be a good day on JN would completely depend on your mood.

Do you hire guys like Thor just to make you look better or is that just an added bonus?

I'll agree that you have a very good point with number 3. There are people who can't wait to start posting threads when to are new to a site when they should lurk more and get a feel for things. It is just proper forum etiquette.

Thor is a great mod. This forum is very hard to moderate, we do things differently here and it makes it hard on the moderators. They take a lot of crap, more so than on most other boards imo.

Very few people could pull off what is asked of a moderator here (hey now) and Thor is one of them. Guys like Tabor, that was just a terrible choice for a moderator. I put him in the SS19 category. :-P

Life is about living and learning. It is a process.

Thor is a great mod. This forum is very hard to moderate, we do things differently here and it makes it hard on the moderators. They take a lot of crap, more so than on most other boards imo.

Very few people could pull off what is asked of a moderator here (hey now) and Thor is one of them. Guys like Tabor, that was just a terrible choice for a moderator. I put him in the SS19 category. :-P

So it's an added bonus, gotcha.

Tell that to my splitting head.

What is the point to announcing that you are drunk? Is it just a compulsion one has when there are drunk? What is the intended effect one hopes to have when they announce that they are wasted. It has always come across to me as a ploy for attention. I would very much appreciate any and all feedback you can give me on this subject.

What is the point to announcing that you are drunk? Is it just a compulsion one has when there are drunk? What is the intended effect one hopes to have when they announce that they are wasted. It has always come across to me as a ploy for attention. I would very much appreciate any and all feedback you can give me on this subject.

Im really not in the mood for this right now. :yawn:

Having been a moderator, I totally understand where you are coming from Max. Being a mod is not an easy task like some people seem to think. You have to have a very thick skin and you can't mete out justice based on your mood, no matter how tempted you may be to do so.

In my year of being a mod at JI I also learned you can't really even joke about "abusing your power" because some people have no sense of humor and will accuse you of being a bully when all you are doing is enforcing the rules.

JN currently has a good group of mods who are not heavy handed and are able to keep control of a site that was designed to be a little freer and less restrictive than most.

Knowing the mods at the other site, most are very good but a couple don't seem to get it and let their mood dictate how things unfold, often to distastrous result. But those couple of bad mods will never be removed due to the administrator's odd sense of loyalty.

The best part about these threads is that without fail EVERY time there are more posts in the thread complaining about the thread, its topic and the poster then there are actually posts from the starter or those in agreement. It's also dripping with irony considering the story about how this place came to be.

Its even more hysterical considering this one was just really another of Norway's failing attempts at humor. :P:biggrin:

All other former JI posters except for me that is. We still have beef over the rights to "BG". :biggrin:

You've should make Klecko a mod.

I've seen it in action.

• 3 weeks later...
at JI. I heard this place is pretty cool. I don't really see it though. But anyway, what's up?

I really did get banned, for "attacking another poster with tags". But I was pretty hammered and don't remember what I wrote. Will someone check for me? Also, Jordy, I'm pretty sure I was joking.

So I guess I'll post here for a week. Hello? Is this thing on?

:pooh:

I don't go over there too much, so I didn't see the reply before today; but when I sent a PM to Ham about Jordy doing the same thing to me, he banned him for a week too, lol.

1. I got banned for hanging out with the wrong crowd.

2. Most definitely.

I was a mod there when everything went down. For those who were not around I will give a accurate recap. There was this chick who went by the name of GangGreenGirl who posted and supported JI in every way including financially. (GangGreenGirl was incredibly hot and had some really nice Ta Ta's. I miss her to this day and wish she would post again)

JI kept crashing at least 15 times a day. She asked Deegan when the people who donated their money would see some return on their investment (meaning a site that didnt crash all the time and could actually be enjoyed) This was before Deegan started charging people to post. GangGreenGirl was friends with Max and Tommy Shane.

When GangGreenGirl asked Deegan when the site was going to be stable he got his panties all ruffled up and told her to leave and take her cronies with her. (Very classy of Deegan)

They took a hint and left. Shortly after they formed their own site that would allow people to speak freely about the Jets or almost anything else. jetnation was born. Since that day JN has enjoyed growth but still stays real. On JI people cannot post anything negative, because Deegan is afraid of losing his media credentials.

JN is alot like the way JI was before Deegan became a dickhead.

Archived