Mets lose David Wright to a Matt Cain pitch

Blackout

:rl:

I'm not writing off this season," the Yankees' co-chairman said Tuesday in Tampa, Fla. "They're trying hard to win. There's only so much you can do. They're not supermen."

[...]"I think it's very simple, we've been devastated by injuries," Steinbrenner said. "No team I've ever seen in baseball has been decimated like this. It would kill any team. Imagine the Red Sox without [Josh] Beckett and [Jon] Lester. Pitching is 70 percent of the game. Wang won 19 games two straight years. Chamberlain became the most dominating pitcher in baseball. You can't lose two guys like that."

This was Hank Steinbrenner last year, living in an "if" world, blaming the performance on injuries.

While the Mets ownership has not made that excuse yet, I expect it and will wince when they do.

An organization such as the Mets or Yankees should be able to withstand injuries more than any other club.

I'm not writing off this season," the Yankees' co-chairman said Tuesday in Tampa, Fla. "They're trying hard to win. There's only so much you can do. They're not supermen."

[...]"I think it's very simple, we've been devastated by injuries," Steinbrenner said. "No team I've ever seen in baseball has been decimated like this. It would kill any team. Imagine the Red Sox without [Josh] Beckett and [Jon] Lester. Pitching is 70 percent of the game. Wang won 19 games two straight years. Chamberlain became the most dominating pitcher in baseball. You can't lose two guys like that."

This was Hank Steinbrenner last year, living in an "if" world, blaming the performance on injuries.

While the Mets ownership has not made that excuse yet, I expect it and will wince when they do.

An organization such as the Mets or Yankees should be able to withstand injuries more than any other club.

Why did you quote me? I was only laughing at Blackout's statement because I thought it was funny.

Archived