JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it said "a" founding member.

It did:

Good morning everyone. Well... not so good if you are a hero that is.

[edited out pic]

As if Superman dying wasn't enough, it appears that all around good guy, compulsive alcoholic, JiF A.K.A Iron Man has been blown up real good. Some real technologically advanced explosives from the looks of it. Man, I haven't seen carnage this bad since the summer of '02. Iron Man, a founding member of the Avengers, will sorely be missed.

Let's take a quick look around. Looks like everyone else is still up and running. With 18 players, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

Who were the original members of the Avengers? It would seem that all of those characters are likely in the game.

Sharrow, it said that Iron Man was, in the death scene, or at least the founder.

1. Superman

2. Iron Man

3. The Hulk

4. Thor

5. Thing

6. Mr. Incredible

7. The Invisible Woman (This could explain the no-show vote)

8. Human Torch

That leaves 7 Hero Spots...

The following are obvious:

9. Batman

10. Spiderman

11. Wolverine

12. Captain America

Borderline:

13. Cyclops

14. The Flash

15. Aquaman

16. Daredevil

17. Wonderwoman

18. The Green Lantern

Now, the big question is whether Smash knew who the other members were.

If he did, then clearly the other members are no one he put an FOS on:

1. EY

2. Doggin

3. CTM

4. Crusher

5. Sharrow

6. Pac

The Fantastic Four would also not include those who voted for him (or 'said they would have'):

1. EY

2. Doggin

3. Arsis

4. Sharrow

5. Klecko

6. Dan X

7. CTM

If we can figure out who the fantastic 4 are, we can put a huge stranglehold on the scum.

Good idea regarding the Invisible Woman, that could certainly be possible. I doubt they knew who each other were though, considering Smash's overall lack of support. I'm not sure it's worth the effort trying to figure out the rest though. First of all, there's no way to confirm them. Secondly, we don't even know if all four were in the game. It's probable, but again there's no way to confirm it.

It did:

Who were the original members of the Avengers? It would seem that all of those characters are likely in the game.

From the Marvel website:

"The group began with the random teaming of Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp and Hulk, who joined forces to thwart the Asgardian menace Loki in response to a call for help from Hulk's teen sidekick, Rick Jones."

Sharrow, it said that Iron Man was, in the death scene, or at least the founder.

1. Superman

2. Iron Man

3. The Hulk

4. Thor

5. Thing

6. Mr. Incredible

7. The Invisible Woman (This could explain the no-show vote)

8. Human Torch

That leaves 7 Hero Spots...

The following are obvious:

9. Batman

10. Spiderman

11. Wolverine

12. Captain America

Borderline:

13. Cyclops

14. The Flash

15. Aquaman

16. Daredevil

17. Wonderwoman

18. The Green Lantern

Now, the big question is whether Smash knew who the other members were.

If he did, then clearly the other members are no one he put an FOS on:

1. EY

2. Doggin

3. CTM

4. Crusher

5. Sharrow

6. Pac

The Fantastic Four would also not include those who voted for him (or 'said they would have'):

1. EY

2. Doggin

3. Arsis

4. Sharrow

5. Klecko

6. Dan X

7. CTM

If we can figure out who the fantastic 4 are, we can put a huge stranglehold on the scum.

My only problem with that is that I was assuming it was Pac and Verbal that were members, but him FOS'ing Pac killed that a bit..

There were also a handful of people voting him yesterday that should be included..

Good idea regarding the Invisible Woman, that could certainly be possible. I doubt they knew who each other were though, considering Smash's overall lack of support. I'm not sure it's worth the effort trying to figure out the rest though. First of all, there's no way to confirm them. Secondly, we don't even know if all four were in the game. It's probable, but again there's no way to confirm it.

Yeah, let's see what this death scene has for us, then we can break out the jump to conclusions mat.

Ant Man, Wasp, Thor, and The Hulk.

Really? I guess with Iron Man being a "founding member" here that it's a different group.

My only problem with that is that I was assuming it was Pac and Verbal that were members, but him FOS'ing Pac killed that a bit..

There were also a handful of people voting him yesterday that should be included..

Yeah, I thought Verbal too... But saw that Verbal voted him yesterday as well.

Yeah, let's see what this death scene has for us, then we can break out the jump to conclusions mat.

Really? I guess with Iron Man being a "founding member" here that it's a different group.

The Marvel website includes Iron Man in that list.

His day 1 voters:

Verbal, Crusher, Pac

7 from today (i'm fine being included)

3 yesterday

+ FOS on Sharrow

+ Arguing with Bleedin alot

adds up to 12, so it could possibly leave the other three memeber of the fantastic four alive, assuming alleast 4 scum are in those 12..

Actually though.. Shutout FOS'd him earlier today

The only players that weren't antagonistic towards Smash were Irish, Barmacaral and LAout- although he even questioned him heavily..

No I left him out. I'd like to say it was because I assumed you guys would expect him to be left out since he was already dead in the game but I flat out forgot to include him

The full lineup of the original Avengers is Iron Man, Ant Man, Wasp, Thor, and The Hulk.

I believe though that Captain America holds the title of "Honorary Founding Member"

I believe though that Captain America holds the title of "Honorary Founding Member"

I like this... Perhaps Captain America is part of the avengers or perhaps he just knows who they are? Maybe similar to a symp, but for the good guys?

MrFantasticAd.gif

A strange hand swooped from the sky and crushed a hero. Smashmouth A.K.A Mr. Fantastic, A.K.A Townie who can survive one attempted kill has suffered divine intervention.

Guys, let me spell it out for you. For example. Player A: I am able to survive one attempted kill. (no mod kill) Player B: I like red capes, blue tights, and the letter S (modkill) Player C: I am awfully super, man (mod kill) Player D: I love lois lane (mod kill) Player E: I love spiders, crawling on buildings and Mary Jane (mod kill) Player F: Who hates Kryptonite? This guy! (mod kill) Player G: I love Klecko (gay, but no mod kill)

I've addressed this behind the scenes long ago, but scum is also not allowed to draw name claims by hinting in this fashion. I have no problem modkilling scum who attempt to do this. All of you are restricted from this. Do I make myself clear?

MrFantasticAd.gif

A strange hand swooped from the sky and crushed a hero. Smashmouth A.K.A Mr. Fantastic, A.K.A Townie who can survive one attempted kill has suffered divine intervention.

Guys, let me spell it out for you. For example. Player A: I am able to survive one attempted kill. (no mod kill) Player B: I like red capes, blue tights, and the letter S (modkill) Player C: I am awfully super, man (mod kill) Player D: I love lois lane (mod kill) Player E: I love spiders, crawling on buildings and Mary Jane (mod kill) Player F: Who hates Kryptonite? This guy! (mod kill) Player G: I love Klecko (gay, but no mod kill)

I've addressed this behind the scenes long ago, but scum is also not allowed to draw name claims by hinting in this fashion. I have no problem modkilling scum who attempt to do this. All of you are restricted from this. Do I make myself clear?

Well that solves that.. Also, must have been our vig (wolverine) who tried to take him out as he coudl survive one kill attempt

Those were the "other" founding members. Iron man was on that list too.

Mod Note: Barmacral has asked to be replaced. I am looking for a replacement. Doggin, if you have any buddies who wouldn't mind joining midgame, i'd be grateful.

I can always hop in and join but I fear i'd dominate. ;)

Jets Things PM'd me and wants to be in the next game... maybe he's ready now.

MrFantasticAd.gif

:rl:

Mod Note: Barmacral has asked to be replaced. I am looking for a replacement. Doggin, if you have any buddies who wouldn't mind joining midgame, i'd be grateful.

I can always hop in and join but I fear i'd dominate. ;)

1200 posts in? That sucks..

MrFantasticAd.gif

But Mr. Fantastic is supposed to be a genius... I think it was really just Stretch Armstrong.

stretcharmstrong.jpg

Interesting this death scene says nothing about the Fantastic Four, whereas Iron Man's death said "founding member of the Avengers". Maybe because it's more widely known. But I would think if we're looking at another mason team, JVoR would say something like, "Mr. Fantastic AKA member of the Fantastic Four AKA townie who can survive one attempted kill ..."

Other option is that the Avengers aren't a mason team. I don't like the idea of JiF being completely roleless, though.

Those were the "other" founding members. Iron man was on that list too.

Yeah, I'm clearly out of the comic book loop. Still, I've heard of a lot of characters, and I have to say that Wasp and Ant Man aren't on my list. Would they be big enough to be in this game?

Yeah, I'm clearly out of the comic book loop. Still, I've heard of a lot of characters, and I have to say that Wasp and Ant Man aren't on my list. Would they be big enough to be in this game?

Hank Pym( ant man) is a b lister in the marvel universe and the wasp is/was his wife. They're known for being avengers but not much else and aren't the big name in the avengers. Wasp just recently dies in Secret Invasion and Pym took the lead of the Mighty Avengers which is like the 4th Avenger team running around now. Arsis says they're cool people but small time to be put in this game.

Hank Pym( ant man) is a b lister in the marvel universe and the wasp is/was his wife. They're known for being avengers but not much else and aren't the big name in the avengers. Wasp just recently dies in Secret Invasion and Pym took the lead of the Mighty Avengers which is like the 4th Avenger team running around now. Arsis says they're cool people but small time to be put in this game.

Hmmm....

I have to say I was never completely sold on Capt. America having to be in this game, either. Maybe there's not an Avengers mason team? Maybe there's a lovers/twins type role between Iron Man and Hulk instead?

There must be something to it, though, because "founding member of the Avengers," is all we got on Iron Man whereas we got actual powers for Superman and Mr. Fantastic.

Since this day phase was shorter and mainly Smashmouth-centered, I'm posting only this timeline for now, unless anyone wants to see a specific type of list. Let me know if I missed anything.

Day 2 Voting Timeline: 10 to lynch

Aug. 26

3:02 PM: Smashmouth votes Doggin (long post).

4:31 PM: EY votes Smashmouth (Quotes statement by Smashmouth and asks

Hmmm....

I have to say I was never completely sold on Capt. America having to be in this game, either. Maybe there's not an Avengers mason team? Maybe there's a lovers/twins type role between Iron Man and Hulk instead?

There must be something to it, though, because "founding member of the Avengers," is all we got on Iron Man whereas we got actual powers for Superman and Mr. Fantastic.

Captain America is a bigger name than everyone who's died with the exception of Superman.

How do we know the vig shot at him? He said that happened, but JVOR said that person would not know.

There was an attack, and the guy who was attacked survived but "wouldn't likely survive another one of those." Maybe there are other players in the game who can survive one kill, but he definitely could've been the target.

Archived