JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

There was an attack, and the guy who was attacked survived but "wouldn't likely survive another one of those." Maybe there are other players in the game who can survive one kill, but he definitely could've been the target.

Agreed. Probably right... I was thinking from another angle that in hindsight doesn't make much sense.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain America is a bigger name than everyone who's died with the exception of Superman.

Then how come he doesn't have a movie?!? :superman:

I'm half kidding here, but everyone who's died so far has been on the big screen. As a guy who read Mad magazine as a kid, Capt. America is a little lower on my list of super heroes. I don't know where he fits in JVoR's universe. You think a three-man mason team, though?

I'm half kidding here, but everyone who's died so far has been on the big screen. As a guy who read Mad magazine as a kid, Capt. America is a little lower on my list of super heroes. I don't know where he fits in JVoR's universe. You think a three-man mason team, though?

There was on in 1990...

There's also one set for 2011...

He was also in Easy Rider. ;)

As Arsis points out, the film is called 'The First Avenger'.

Which means if he's in the game, I think he has something to do with them. He may not be part of the group, but he may know about them.

And if that's the case, I think I know who he is, and I think I know who all of the Avengers are... Along with one other member of the fantastic 4 for sure.

Cap and Spiderman are to Marvel as Superman and Batman are to DC

(actually I'm more of a Marvel fan than DC so that should probably be reversed)

No way even a casual comic book fan creates a game like this and doesn't include Captain America. Whether he has anything to do with a potential Avengers Mason group though...

Which means if he's in the game, I think he has something to do with them. He may not be part of the group, but he may know about them.

And if that's the case, I think I know who he is, and I think I know who all of the Avengers are... Along with one other member of the fantastic 4 for sure.

Arsis would like to hear your ideas.

Hmmm....

I have to say I was never completely sold on Capt. America having to be in this game, either. Maybe there's not an Avengers mason team? Maybe there's a lovers/twins type role between Iron Man and Hulk instead?

There must be something to it, though, because "founding member of the Avengers," is all we got on Iron Man whereas we got actual powers for Superman and Mr. Fantastic.

That's because Ironman doesn't have superpowers. How many times do I have to say it?

The reason JiF didn't have any powers in the game besides being the leader of a mason group is because Ironman has no superpowers.

Really? As Dan pointed out, there's no mention of the Fantastic Four in Mr. Fantastic's death scene - although I like the idea of the Invisible Woman as the "secret voter."

I guess I'll take you guys word for it that there is a Capt. America in here, too.

One comment I wanted to make on your list EY is that we are all assuming this game will be all DC and Marvel. Now I'm not expecting anyone to be Spider Jerusalem or Jesse Custer but I wouldn't put it past JVOR to at least include Hellboy. I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Rorschach (from Watchmen) being one of the following:

Vig

SK

Paranoid/Insane Cop

Really? As Dan pointed out, there's no mention of the Fantastic Four in Mr. Fantastic's death scene - although I like the idea of the Invisible Woman as the "secret voter."

I guess I'll take you guys word for it that there is a Capt. America in here, too.

I'm not so sure about some of the "secret voter" or kryptonite ideas anymore. I completely overlooked that SMC could protect himself and someone else. While it is possible he would have a restriction on how many days he could self protect, I could just as easily see his Super Doc ability being counterbalanced by requiring one less vote than a majority to be lynched.

One comment I wanted to make on your list EY is that we are all assuming this game will be all DC and Marvel. Now I'm not expecting anyone to be Spider Jerusalem or Jesse Custer but I wouldn't put it past JVOR to at least include Hellboy. I also wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Rorschach (from Watchmen) being one of the following:

Vig

SK

Paranoid/Insane Cop

Transmetropolitan is not a cape book. Although, it would be nice to see Spider get some love.

Arsis would like to hear your ideas.

EY does not offer new information at night... it gets people killed.

EY will offer new information if he's alive to give it...

He'll run some #s first though, because he's wants to make sure exposing some players isn't going to get them killed and leave us in the same place. EY thinks he can narrow the field a bit though... Maybe EY dies tonight, but he very much doubts it.

That's because Ironman doesn't have superpowers. How many times do I have to say it?

The reason JiF didn't have any powers in the game besides being the leader of a mason group is because Ironman has no superpowers.

He has a certain magnetism when it comes to larger ladies.

1) Doggin94it

2) Barmacral

3) Dan X

4) Slats

5) Crusher

6) Klecko

7) Irish Jet

8) Arsis

9) Pac

13)Verbal

14)sharrow

15) LAout

16)CTM

17) EY

18) bleedin' green

19) shutout

20) Norway

Bringing this forward for easy access.

10 11 12?

How do we know the vig shot at him? He said that happened, but JVOR said that person would not know.

Well, couple of reasons I would think that...

1) I doubt that the villians would use a power like that on a guy who had 1 foot in his grave (for all intents and purposes)

2) Even if we think they might of, the villian who would scratch, gore and mame, is borderline to even be in the game, according to you

3) SMash had the power to survive 1 kill attempt, and the attackee, survived the attempt but would die next time according to JVOR's post, considering that Iron Man didn't seem to have that ability, I'm not going to assume it was as common an ability as I had imagined..

I'm not so sure about some of the "secret voter" or kryptonite ideas anymore. I completely overlooked that SMC could protect himself and someone else. While it is possible he would have a restriction on how many days he could self protect, I could just as easily see his Super Doc ability being counterbalanced by requiring one less vote than a majority to be lynched.

Good point. It's possible that Superman was easier to kill when wandering around in the daylight as mild-mannered Clark Kent.

Another successful witch hunt at the hands of the bubbleheads... and all you guys want to talk about is what characters might be in the game. Nice.

No kidding. I feel like a ****ing battered housewife, Im waiting for EY to decided he doesn't like the way Im smiling and bitch slap me across the face and tell me to get his turkey pot pie B1tch. Might have to stay at my moms until he cools down.

No kidding. I feel like a ****ing battered housewife, Im waiting for EY to decided he doesn't like the way Im smiling and bitch slap me across the face and tell me to get his turkey pot pie B1tch. Might have to stay at my moms until he cools down.

Leading the charge on two highly suspect cases causing innocent deaths.

but hey... at least he's showing us charts and telling us everything will be fine.

Well, couple of reasons I would think that...

1) I doubt that the villians would use a power like that on a guy who had 1 foot in his grave (for all intents and purposes)

2) Even if we think they might of, the villian who would scratch, gore and mame, is borderline to even be in the game, according to you

3) SMash had the power to survive 1 kill attempt, and the attackee, survived the attempt but would die next time according to JVOR's post, considering that Iron Man didn't seem to have that ability, I'm not going to assume it was as common an ability as I had imagined..

What is this nonsense about a Vig taking a swipe? Why in the hell would they do that when his train was quickly gaining momentum?

To me it was pretty clear that the scumbag didn't like Smash's reveal (or whatever you want to call it) and tried to silence him before he could say anything else. The fact that you're trying to insinuate it was a vig is disturbing to say the least.

What is this nonsense about a Vig taking a swipe? Why in the hell would they do that when his train was quickly gaining momentum?

To me it was pretty clear that the scumbag didn't like Smash's reveal (or whatever you want to call it) and tried to silence him before he could say anything else. The fact that you're trying to insinuate it was a vig is disturbing to say the least.

Who else would it be Pac? The momentum was on a Smashmouth lynch. What possible sense would it make for the mafia to take him out? As long as the townspeople are lynching another townie, all the scum have to do is sit back and enjoy and egg on the lynch.

The only thing that makes any kind of sense is a vig taking a shot because he believes Smash is scum and wants to knock him off so we can move forward quicker.

Who else would it be Pac? The momentum was on a Smashmouth lynch. What possible sense would it make for the mafia to take him out? As long as the townspeople are lynching another townie, all the scum have to do is sit back and enjoy and egg on the lynch.

The only thing that makes any kind of sense is a vig taking a shot because he believes Smash is scum and wants to knock him off so we can move forward quicker.

A Vig with half a brain is not going to take a day 2 swipe... no way.

Who else would it be? The same scum who emailed JVOR begging him to modkill Smash. I think I know who that is.

Archived