Cutdown Day: Final Roster (list all cuts here)

SoFlaJets

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could you please explain to me why you hate Marcus Henry so much?

If drowning and electrocuting dogs can't make you hate someone, I'm curious to know wtf Henry did.

Biggest waste of a draft pick, EVER.

I wanted Colt Brennan. :max:

It was a 6th rounder. Jesus.

The biggest waste of a draft pick ever would be your boy down in Tampa.

Nope. Who was going to be our kicker? Doug Brien? Joy.

The biggest waste ever is currently on the team spotting #50.

A lot of times, these guys that get cut early end up being on the practice squad.

If Marcus Henry is on the PSquad, somebody shoot me. He brings NOTHING to the table. Put a cardboard cut out of Chad Pennington on the PSquad, that would help more.

I was answering 124's question as to who our kicker could have been had we not blown a second rounder on mediocre Nugent.

My response was Pro Bowl kicker Robbie Gould of Chicago.

124's response was crickets.

you can't play the what-if-we-didn't-draft-him game...it hurts too much. Two words: Ed. Reed.

And Gould was a UDFA, not a draft selection. Not many people I'm sure knew of Robbie Gould. Mike Nugent however went to Ohio State and had an EXCELLENT track record of nailing big kicks, long kicks and CLUTCH kicks, which is what the Jets were looking for.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out when Mike Nugent missed a big kick for us.

Oh wait, he never did.

But he did make big kicks. Like 2006, in the rain, in Miami, on MNF, to win the game and kick us into the playoffs (everyone knew Oakland was a lock to beat Week 17).

And Gould was a UDFA, not a draft selection. Not many people I'm sure knew of Robbie Gould. Mike Nugent however went to Ohio State and had an EXCELLENT track record of nailing big kicks, long kicks and CLUTCH kicks, which is what the Jets were looking for.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out when Mike Nugent missed a big kick for us.

Oh wait, he never did.

What big kicks?

He was on the team from '05 to '07, and in two of those years, we were bottom feeders.

And, IIRC, he missed a game winner against New Orleans in '05. And yes, it was 50+ yards, but a second round kicker should make a 50 yarder.

The fact that we wasted a second round pick on a ****ing KICKER, and then a UDFA from the same draft class turned out to be 10 times better than him makes it one of the worst draft picks in team history.

If drowning and electrocuting dogs can't make you hate someone, I'm curious to know wtf Henry did.

+1 You make a VERY valid point. Joe has a man crush on Prick errrr I mean Vick. :P

Oh wait, he never did.

Neither has Feely and he didn't cause us to blow a 2nd round pick. Nugent was an overreaction to Brien's missed FG.

Good job on calling 124 out on his bullsh*t. he hates henry for being terrible but worships the ground that Eagles douchebag walks on.

Good job on calling 124 out on his bullsh*t. he hates henry for being terrible but worships the ground that Eagles douchebag walks on.

Calling me out? I, and anyone, can like and dislike anyone.

So because I like Michael Vick, I have to like EVERYONE, because, with what you and Troll are trying to say is that since I like a "scumbag" such as Vick (that you claim/want him to be), I should like everyone.

Here's a Newsflash for you:

I could care LESS what these people are doing off the field. I care about what they are doing on it. On it, Marcus Henry is useless, and has been since we drafted him last April. He was a waste of a draft selection.

Simmons may have been the worst player I have ever seen don an NFL uniform. I have seen him drop more passes in these games and at camp than I have ever seen anyone drop anywhere at any time.

Brock should get a look at the Practice Squad. He's skinny, but can run and some Rutgers fans said he was wa good blocker while he was there. Could be a nice project.

Marcus Henry, if he ran the 40 yard dash .02/100ths faster, would be a very good player, imo. He's big and tough and can sky for the ball, but he's one of those receivers that DB's cling to.

Calling me out? I, and anyone, can like and dislike anyone.

So because I like Michael Vick, I have to like EVERYONE, because, with what you and Troll are trying to say is that since I like a "scumbag" such as Vick (that you claim/want him to be), I should like everyone.

Here's a Newsflash for you:

I could care LESS what these people are doing off the field. I care about what they are doing on it. On it, Marcus Henry is useless, and has been since we drafted him last April. He was a waste of a draft selection.

I'm fine with that.

I don't hate Michael Vick because of the pitbull thing. Honestly, I don't give a **** about that.

I hate him because he's a terrible QB that has had people like you and the dip****s on ESPN suck his dick like he ejaculates liquid gold for the past 9 years.

Yes really. Simmons can play in the NFL if he improves his hands. Seeing as you are now bashing him, he is certain to become a star in the NFL.

Nahhhhhhhh, Simmons blows. Bad athlete, poor feel for the passing game, never in the right position, and shows little as a blocker, Joe. There were times in camp where I thought Clemens and Sanchez were going to take turns punching him in the face for ruining their completion percentages.

I'm fine with that.

I don't hate Michael Vick because of the pitbull thing. Honestly, I don't give a **** about that.

I hate him because he's a terrible QB that has had people like you and the dip****s on ESPN suck his dick like he ejaculates liquid gold for the past 9 years.

Finally someone who knows whats good... I don't agree with the fact you dont think hes good, but at least you look past the whole dog fighting and found another reason to not like the man. I absolutly hate when announcers and all them jump on players and teams dicks for no reason.. There is a reason that Mike Vick gets all the attention.. He is fun to watch, for me at least. Well was fun to watch I guess we will find out during the season if he still has some elusiveness left.

Jets make some cuts

By MARK CANNIZZARO

The Jets made at least some of their final cuts on Friday, though they're not announcing any of them until Saturday afternoon when Rex Ryan has a conference call with reporters.

An inside source has told The Post of several of the players who were told on Friday they were cut. Tight end Kareem Brown, fullback Jehuu Caulcrick and tackle Stanley Daniels were among the group. Others believed to be cut included receiver Britt Davis, guard Ryan McKee, tight end Kevin Brock from Rutgers, running back Anthony Kimble, tight end Jack Simmons, who had a dropped TD pass Thursday and receiver Marcus Henry

The Jets are required to be down to the 53-player limit by 6 p.m. Saturday.

As of Friday night it's believed that running back Danny Woodhead, who rushed for 158 yards and two TDs in Thursday night's preseason finale, was still on the roster. The Jets' dilemma is if they try to keep Woodhead on the practice squad surely another NFL team will sign him to their 53-man roster.

As one Jets player said, Rex Ryan "told the team more moves would be made to make our team better.''

Among those moves is something at punter, where the Jets were awaiting other teams' final cuts so they can replace inconsistet Reggie Hodges with an upgrade. The Jets have had their eye on Jacksonville punter Josh Podlesh, who might be cut in favor of Steven Weatherford.

Nope. Who was going to be our kicker? Doug Brien? Joy.

The biggest waste ever is currently on the team spotting #50.

At least with Gholston they were trying to improve the team. A swing and a miss so far, but they tried. The Nugent pick was a waste the second it reached the podium. A stupid overreaction to Doug Brien's misses when the real culprit in Pittsburgh that day was the entire offense.

Archived