Week 5: Jets (Away) at Miami 10/12 (Mon)

Driving down on Sunday, heading out on Tuesday. BP, will there be a shuttle from the Bahia Cabana?

Yeah, I'll talk to the girl at the desk on Monday morning..I'll take care of everything (just like last year) only about 11 or 12 per van..it's only a van...lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'll talk to the girl at the desk on Monday morning..I'll take care of everything (just like last year) only about 11 or 12 per van..it's only a van...lol

We need to figure out how to coordinate where everyone is parking/meeting, I hate this damn parking lot!

I'll hook you up, but will pizza be safe to eat after 17 hours in the car???

The last time I was in NY I had the guy make me three pizzas but not cook two of them all the way. When I got home I throw them in the oven and they were great. You can do the same thing on the BBQ. I ate the other one on the way home.

The last time I was in NY I had the guy make me three pizzas but not cook two of them all the way. When I got home I throw them in the oven and they were great. You can do the same thing on the BBQ. I ate the other one on the way home.

wait so your took 2 pizza home on the plane with you?? because thats a pretty good idea if you did

No, I took three pizza in the car with me two half cooked one all the way cooked that I ate. I drove there and back.

oh true.. thats pretty smart. ive had those Chicago Deep Dish pizza that you can get shipped to your house from one of the famous restaurants up there and it was awesome for being frozen and **** and all

We need to figure out how to coordinate where everyone is parking/meeting, I hate this damn parking lot!

Dude, youre always so out of the loop when were down there..lol..cal me..I get there next Saturday afternoon ;) camry lot 13..you made it there last year ;)

Ok... let's get down to the plans... what do you need me to bring?

Food?

Beer?

BBQ?

Money?

(don't say all the above)

BZ

money would be good, and it makes it easier for me to plan, otherwise people bringing food and stuff just adds to confusion and messes up my grill program. I'll pick up some kegs as well. How is $25 per person?

Oh, one thing, anyone have a jets flag or know a shop in the NYC/NJ area where I can pick one up? I lost mine and need to grab another so I can bring the flagpole.

money would be good, and it makes it easier for me to plan, otherwise people bringing food and stuff just adds to confusion and messes up my grill program. I'll pick up some kegs as well. How is $25 per person?

Oh, one thing, anyone have a jets flag or know a shop in the NYC/NJ area where I can pick one up? I lost mine and need to grab another so I can bring the flagpole.

$25 a person sounds great... you can count on my wife and I, so $50 (do I have to pay extra to bring a Dolphin fan?)

That makes it easy on us (usually have to rent the car, find beer, etc, etc etc).

PM your cell phone so I can text you when I get close to the game. Thinking, pick up the car at 3pm.. get to stadium 4ish?

BZ

OK, i know we do camry 13, but they don't use camry anymore. Just so we are all on the same page, is it the orange lot on the top right side of this map with the #13 in the black box?

Parking_Lot_Map.jpg

Yup... that is were we always park... they start by putting cars in around, down to the lower left part of the log (next to the trees and exit to the stadium) so if you get there early, you can park next to the grass (ideal).

8:20 game..

7:40 start into game

So getting there between 4-5pm should allow for enough tailgating and IIRC they don't open their lots till 3 and a half hours before game... so 5?

BZ

For your convenience, Dolphin Stadium parking lots open 4 hours prior to kick-off. To avoid delays, arrive early and please follow the direction of the parking attendants and police officers. Parking lots close two (2) hours from the conclusion of regulation play. Parking prices are as follows:

So a 8:30 game would be 4:30PM.

BZ

do we need a an orange permit to park there or so we just pay as normal ---

I have parked in that lot almost every year (not last year) and it has always been cash.

This year, got my tickets through ticketmaster and they came with the parking pass.

BZ

ok, everyone follow @tailgatejoe on twitter, i will be postin g from the tailgate tomorrow, and it will make it easier for people trying to find us.

Also, look for the 20ft flagpole with the jets flag to help locate us at the game.

So how did everything turn out??? i tried to find everyone but i couldnt i walked around forever looking for that flag pole but no luck...

Archived