What was the Yankees best off season move?

JonEJet

What was the best move in the off season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What was the best move in the off season?

• Adding CC Sabathia
    • Adding Tex
    • Adding AJ
    • Letting Bobby Abreu go
    • Not trading Robbie Cano

Cash made some bold moves last off season to help the Yanks get back to where they are today, the World Series.

Which one was the best?

Of all the moves they made, it's the one they didn't make I feel has helped this team the most. They were talking of moving Robbie Cano last year because of his inconsistent play last year

He has transformmed himself into one of the best 2nd baseman in the game, and his defense is incredible.

Most underrated is definitely Swisher. Going into the season they didn't know how he was going to get at bats with Nady playing RF. 2 games in he's the every day right fielder and kept us from having both Garnder and Melky in the same line up.

Teixeira to me is the most important. He must have saved 45 runs at 1st that Giambi would have errored.

Not trading for another CF (Cameron) turned out to be a pretty good move as well.

Ultimately though I would have to say it was a tie with signing C.C. and Tex. Most people hadn't heard of these free agents. Yet somehow Cashman is able to sign people and turn them into stars. It is amazing.

Much like when he got ARod a few years ago. Simply amazing. :winking0001:

Bold moves? He threw a ton of cash at the best players available. What is so bold about that?

It was pretty bold to throw Burnett so much money that he wasn't worth.

The best move though was signing CC. He was the ace the Yankees didn't have and sorely needed.

According to most defensive zone ratings and the like Cano was not a good defensive 2nd basemen. Maybe he improved but in games I saw he looked atrocious. He did up his offensive game. That could be a product of the new stadium or hitting in that line-up. Either way he did hit very well this season.

Bold moves? He threw a ton of cash at the best players available. What is so bold about that?

It was pretty bold to throw Burnett so much money that he wasn't worth.

The best move though was signing CC. He was the ace the Yankees didn't have and sorely needed.

According to most defensive zone ratings and the like Cano was not a good defensive 2nd basemen. Maybe he improved but in games I saw he looked atrocious. He did up his offensive game. That could be a product of the new stadium or hitting in that line-up. Either way he did hit very well this season.

Cano >Lil Dusty

You forget to mention, shutting up Hank. ;)

My opinion it was 2 big ones:

-Getting Tex, not for the bat, but for the comfort and ease of the overall infield defense.

-Getting Swisher, not for the power, but for the levity and camaraderie he crated in what was an overly uptight locker room

You're saying Swisher's clubhouse presence(where you in the lockerrom or something, Scott?) was more important than CC Sabathia?

You're saying Swisher's clubhouse presence(where you in the lockerrom or something, Scott?) was more important than CC Sabathia?

Yes, special privileges allow my skype access to the Yankee clubhouse.

More importantly than that, is the Yankees saying themselves this year that the locker room is looser.

Maybe they are trying to misdirect us, I don't know

Yes, special privileges allow my skype access to the Yankee clubhouse.

More importantly than that, is the Yankees saying themselves this year that the locker room is looser.

Maybe they are trying to misdirect us, I don't know

So Nick Swishers clubhouse presence has been more important than adding CC Sabathia?

Winning = a loose clubhouse. Not the other way around.

So Nick Swishers clubhouse presence has been more important than adding CC Sabathia?

Winning = a loose clubhouse. Not the other way around.

Care to explain then 2002,2004,2006,2007 then. ;)

It has been noted by players and the media the impact Swisher has had in loosening up a clubhouse that was seen as very tight and buisness like.

Overall though the three top moves the Yanks made

1) CC: This team needed an ace it seems like forever. He has been the horse this year and worth every dime.

2) Tex: Probably the team MVP in my eyes. He has been a beast at the plate this year and an absolute stud with glove.

3) Swisher: Clubhouse joker and still gave this team decent pop with the bat.

Care to explain then 2002,2004,2006,2007 then. ;)

It has been noted by players and the media the impact Swisher has had in loosening up a clubhouse that was seen as very tight and buisness like.

Overall though the three top moves the Yanks made

1) CC: This team needed an ace it seems like forever. He has been the horse this year and worth every dime.

2) Tex: Probably the team MVP in my eyes. He has been a beast at the plate this year and an absolute stud with glove.

3) Swisher: Clubhouse joker and still gave this team decent pop with the bat.

If the Yankees dont win the World Series this season, what makes it different than any others?

Right now, Swisher is a total liability at the plate. But I guess his goofy persona makes up for it.

Not trading for another CF (Cameron) turned out to be a pretty good move as well.

Ultimately though I would have to say it was a tie with signing C.C. and Tex. Most people hadn't heard of these free agents. Yet somehow Cashman is able to sign people and turn them into stars. It is amazing.

Much like when he got ARod a few years ago. Simply amazing. :winking0001:

Is this supposed to be sarcastic?

Who has the following:

MVP

ROY

World Series Ring

Silver SLugger Award

Gold Glove Award

Answer: Not Robinson Cano.

Who's playing for a ring this year, and who got swept off to the golf course?

I thought it's supposed to be the Yankees fans that live in the past. :rolleyes:

Archived