Just quit you senile old f**k

SouthernJet

This is getting like a Saturday Night Live sketch..

Bowden to make call with Fisher's input

By Heather Dinich

ESPN.com

Archive

Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said Wednesday that he will "make the final decision" on Florida State's next defensive coordinator, but added that head-coach-in-waiting Jimbo Fisher should weigh in heavily.

"I think he definitely has to have a say-so, because he's the future here," Bowden said of Fisher, during the weekly ACC teleconference. "It's one of those things I'll make the final decision on, but I'll definitely get his input, and very strongly."

On Tuesday, current defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews announced his pending retirement. Andrews, who is in his 26th season with the Seminoles and 47th in coaching, will remain on staff through Feb. 10, 2010.

It is unclear, though, whether Bowden will return to Florida State to coach the 2010 season. The university will owe Fisher $5 million if he is not named head coach by January 2011.

After the worst start to the ACC season during Bowden's tenure as head coach at FSU, there was mounting pressure from influential booster members and university trustees for Bowden to retire after this season. The Seminoles being in last place in the Atlantic Division was enough for high-ranking officials to hold a closed-door meeting last month to discuss the future of the program.

Bowden has not indicated when he will retire, though, nor has the university announced any decision will be made for him.

Florida State (4-4, 2-3) has since won back-to-back conference games against North Carolina (they lucked out) and North Carolina State and put itself in a position to become bowl-eligible. The Seminoles could keep their ACC title game hopes alive with a win Saturday at Clemson (5-3, 3-2).

If the Seminoles win, they will have moved from last place to second in the Atlantic Division in a matter of weeks. Despite Bowden's statement that he will hire the next defensive coordinator, there are still plenty of questions remaining about the program's future.

I wish he would quit......I've been saying it for a couple of years now. FSU is my favorite College Football team, but they are horrible to watch and root for. I'm not saying Fisher is 'all-world' but the old man HAS to go!

Archived