For a team thats not suppossed to be in the playoffs....

villain_the_foe

You're not being a jerk, you have some good questions...now let me answer them.

First, the Chargers are not the underdog....the Jets are. Lets just get that one clear.

The Jets got into the playoffs winning their last 5 of 6 games in which one of the 5 wins were a "lay down" game. I'll give you that. The Bengals you're wrong with. And we proved it by spanking them again the following week. With this said, we've beaten a good houston team, a playoff Pats team and a playoff bengals team. Mind you, we're the team with the rookie at the helm and in the fat seat, not the Chargers. You guys are supposed to be winning the way you guys are winning....as you said yourself, we shouldnt even be here...not that I agree with that, but I understand the statement.

The bottomline is as you stated how the bengals were struggling by the time they seen us so was the broncos when they seen you. It was a "must win" game for them wasnt it? The Redskins dont even count, and we beat the titans too. Difference with us and the Chargers is that your the guys with all the clout based off wins on teams that were just as bad as the ones we played minus the Patriots twice, the Saints etc....you know, QUALITY TEAMS.

You guys have done a wonderful job, but let me ask you this. have you faced a defense like ours or a running game like ours this year? When you answer that please dont with your personal feelings towards the Jets for this weekends game. I want an honest answer.

Then my second question is. Is the Chargers offense 1 dimensional.

My third question will be how are you going to score if you cant run the ball "if" the Jets contain the pass.

Im not downing your team and Im glad that you're not taking it that way, however my questions are being ducked.

Oh, and the Chargers allowed 16 ppg against 9 below average teams and two legit teams on your "Streak". The jets allowed 14 ppg for the entire year.

have you faced a defense like ours or a running game like ours this year?

Kind of. Obviously not the #1, but we have faced some of the top defenses in the league, only losses coming from BAL and PIT. BAL was the week after we lost our NT, C and LT. Plus, the Ravens were considered the #1 AFC team at the time. PIT just basically owns us. We never beat them. Plain and simple, I'm sure you guys have 'that team,' as well. I guess you could count Denver (who was either #1 or #2 when we lost to them). BUT---our offense didn't struggle in that game. They had to ST touchdowns, thats why they won.

EDIT: We beat running teams such as Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Bengals, Titans, more...

Is the Chargers offense 1 dimensional.

depends how you look at it. we rush roughly 20x a game. we don't necessarily have the yards to show for it, but we do run keeping defenses honest. our running game HAS imprved recently. also, our passing game is incredibly multi-faceted. we can easily go deep with Jackson, Floyd, Naanee, Gates. Or, more intermediately, Gates again. So far no one has really been able to cover him successfuly. Or, we have LT, Sproles and Tolbert who make excelent recievers in the screen.

My third question will be how are you going to score if you cant run the ball "if" the Jets contain the pass.

I'll humor you, since I really don't think our passing game can be completely shut down. If you somehow cover ALL of our recievers, I think that would really open up the run game. Plus, LT has 12(?) TD's this season, which is pretty darn good considering Rivers has 28. Additionally, Nate Kaeding isn't the same rookie K you saw in the playoffs last time. He's the most accurate kicker in the NFL right now. Long=55yds.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much do you want to bet me that if the Rams, Lions, Chiefs or BUcs make the playoffs next year, their last few games will all draw comparisons to the 2008 Dolphins?

WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU DO DIDN'T HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. YOU GUYS SUCK AND YOU'RE AT HOME WATCHING AND WE'RE NOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN SAY BECAUSE WE MADE IT AND YOU DIDN'T HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

have you faced a defense like ours or a running game like ours this year?

Kind of. Obviously not the #1, but we have faced some of the top defenses in the league, only losses coming from BAL and PIT. BAL was the week after we lost our NT, C and LT. Plus, the Ravens were considered the #1 AFC team at the time. PIT just basically owns us. We never beat them. Plain and simple, I'm sure you guys have 'that team,' as well. I guess you could count Denver (who was either #1 or #2 when we lost to them). BUT---our offense didn't struggle in that game. They had to ST touchdowns, thats why they won.

EDIT: We beat running teams such as Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Bengals, Titans, more...

Is the Chargers offense 1 dimensional.

depends how you look at it. we rush roughly 20x a game. we don't necessarily have the yards to show for it, but we do run keeping defenses honest. our running game HAS imprved recently. also, our passing game is incredibly multi-faceted. we can easily go deep with Jackson, Floyd, Naanee, Gates. Or, more intermediately, Gates again. So far no one has really been able to cover him successfuly. Or, we have LT, Sproles and Tolbert who make excelent recievers in the screen.

I'll humor you, since I really don't think our passing game can be completely shut down. If you somehow cover ALL of our recievers, I think that would really open up the run game. Plus, LT has 12(?) TD's this season, which is pretty darn good considering Rivers has 28. Additionally, Nate Kaeding isn't the same rookie K you saw in the playoffs last time. He's the most accurate kicker in the NFL right now. Long=55yds.

Great points. I'll break it down like this.

The Chargers offense passing wise IMO are one of the most explosive currently in the playoffs.

Running wise, complete opposite. LT has only 3 carries this year for 20 yards or more. Sproles cannot run up the gut (which would be our weakest place given that Jenkins is on I.R.) and he's a bounce to the outside runner and screen threat.

You're right about the Jets not having an awesome Passing offense, but thats simply not our style....even outside of our rookie QB.

The Chargers as you stated has gotten better at the run, they are #20 against the run. Let me ask you this then, how bad were they if they actually "got better" but at the end of the year ended as the 20th best in stopping the run. In this case I'll even agree with you. Lets say they're the 10th best. The Jets ENTIRE plan is to run...and once your team begins to stack to stop you KNOW whats going to happen. You cant stack the box and double team at the same time. The playaction is going to get you guys. and those 15+ passes by Sanchez will be for 200 yards and 1-2 TD's, not to mention the 2 TD's rushing.

Oh, and Nate Keading is a beast but dont forget that we have Jay Feely. He's 30-36 FG's and his long is.......You guessed it! 55yds.

Oh, and you asked have we played an offense as explosive as yours I believe and the answer is "yes" we did and we actually stopped that offense.

In regards to Saints offensive plays the Jets kept Drew Brees to I believe 10 points for the entire game. A team that was averaging I believe like 35pts per game. We lost the game because Sanchez threw a few TD's ah, I mean INT's for TD's.

10 points bro. The Saints. Root for your team, but I think that you need to seriously understand whats coming to your stadium, and it aint a "Broncos" defense. Its more like that Ravens Defense that the Chargers lost to this year.

To be fair, we do have hurt LB's in Scott and Harris...this isnt good.

The Jets are -what?- 9 point underdogs? Frankly, I think that line is pretty fair. Let me get that out of the way. The Chargers have a big time scoring offense, and they enter the playoffs as the hottest team in the league. Don't want anyone to think I'm delusional.

Where the Jets have the advantage in this game is in the physical style of their play. That's what the Chargers will have to overcome. This game is a matchup similar to the Pats-Giants Superbowl. Giants were serious underdogs, but punched the Pats in the mouth repeatedly and won the game.

The Jets have the #1 passing dee in the NFL by a large margin. They got there facing Brady twice, Brees, Shaub, and three quarters of Peyton. They do it by having Revis completely shut down his assignment and applying pressure to the QB. The Chargers present a serious challenge. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Rex Ryan knows that Gates is a big part of your offense, and that he's gonna look to come up with a plan to stop him. Whether they do that by jamming him at the line with a LB and blanketing him with one of our bigger safeties, or running nickel most of the day, they will have a plan in place.

The other thing the Jets will do to stop your passing game is try to keep your offense off the field with their #1 rushing attack. Jets have two strong RB's, and the rookie Greene seems to've gotten stronger as the season's wore on. The Jets OL is one of the best in the league, they have a bull of a FB in Tony Richardson, and then Shonne Greene prefers to hit defenders rather than have them hit him. Physical.

As you say your team improved towards the end of the year, so did the Jets. They got most of their sacks in the second half of the season, and their weakest link -the rookie QB- has shown some signs of maturity in the season's final month. Sanchez is the difference between the Jets being a 9 win club or an 11 or 12 win club. If he's not making dumb mistakes, the Jets will be in this game right to the end. They might even win it.

Your schedule played out way more favorable than ours. It's not who you play, it's when you play them and you guys got a ****ty, Kerry Collins led, Titans team. Not to mention that the only reason you won that game was because of two muffed punts. And the Texans were playing way better at the end of the year than early in the year.

And we struggled to beat those teams because most of our tops guys were out. Will Allen, Ronnie Brown, Jason Ferguson, Patrick Cobbs, Justin Smiley, Jake Grove, all key players.

* The only reason the Jets lost to the Dolphins in the second game was because of two kick returns.

* We lost Leon Washington and Kris Jenkins for the year, nuff said.

It's fun playing "show me yours and I'll show you mine", isn't it?

You know its sad when your top guys consist of Will Allen, Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, and Patrick Cobbs.

That's like saying the Jets top guys consist of Lito Sheppard, Marques Douglas, Damien Woody, and Danny Woodhead.

Your schedule played out way more favorable than ours. It's not who you play, it's when you play them and you guys got a ****ty, Kerry Collins led, Titans team. Not to mention that the only reason you won that game was because of two muffed punts. And the Texans were playing way better at the end of the year than early in the year.

And we struggled to beat those teams because most of our tops guys were out. Will Allen, Ronnie Brown, Jason Ferguson, Patrick Cobbs, Justin Smiley, Jake Grove, all key players.

I love irony.

The Jets are -what?- 9 point underdogs? Frankly, I think that line is pretty fair. Let me get that out of the way. The Chargers have a big time scoring offense, and they enter the playoffs as the hottest team in the league. Don't want anyone to think I'm delusional.

Where the Jets have the advantage in this game is in the physical style of their play. That's what the Chargers will have to overcome. This game is a matchup similar to the Pats-Giants Superbowl. Giants were serious underdogs, but punched the Pats in the mouth repeatedly and won the game.

The Jets have the #1 passing dee in the NFL by a large margin. They got there facing Brady twice, Brees, Shaub, and three quarters of Peyton. They do it by having Revis completely shut down his assignment and applying pressure to the QB. The Chargers present a serious challenge. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Rex Ryan knows that Gates is a big part of your offense, and that he's gonna look to come up with a plan to stop him. Whether they do that by jamming him at the line with a LB and blanketing him with one of our bigger safeties, or running nickel most of the day, they will have a plan in place.

The other thing the Jets will do to stop your passing game is try to keep your offense off the field with their #1 rushing attack. Jets have two strong RB's, and the rookie Greene seems to've gotten stronger as the season's wore on. The Jets OL is one of the best in the league, they have a bull of a FB in Tony Richardson, and then Shonne Greene prefers to hit defenders rather than have them hit him. Physical.

As you say your team improved towards the end of the year, so did the Jets. They got most of their sacks in the second half of the season, and their weakest link -the rookie QB- has shown some signs of maturity in the season's final month. Sanchez is the difference between the Jets being a 9 win club or an 11 or 12 win club. If he's not making dumb mistakes, the Jets will be in this game right to the end. They might even win it.

Good points. I agree with everything except that I think 9 points might be a little too much. The Jets have only been beaten by more than 1 score twice all season. I am very concerned about Gates. Rex had plenty of time to prepare for Dallas Clark and I was still forced to watch him running away from Eric Smith way too much for my liking.

Good points. I agree with everything except that I think 9 points might be a little too much. The Jets have only been beaten by more than 1 score twice all season. I am very concerned about Gates. Rex had plenty of time to prepare for Dallas Clark and I was still forced to watch him running away from Eric Smith way too much for my liking.

9 points is too much.. i locked in at 8.5.. but the line is already down to 7 at my book

I think ghey qb's are destined to dominate the AFCE.. glad we have one

Mark Sanchez is smoking hot!!!

I realized that watching his presser on SNY yesterday. Im so late :bag:

Henceforth his name is Latin Heat!!!

Mark Sanchez is smoking hot!!!

I realized that watching his presser on SNY yesterday. Im so late :bag:

Henceforth his name is Latin Heat!!!

Considering your sexual preferences, this isn't exactly an endorsement of his non gheyness.. ;)

Archived