Slot reciever in draft

Ranger

Woodhead was Inactive vs Colts and they lost... Hes the X Factor. Gotta sign him to 7 year deal.

I recognize the sarcasm, but in all honesty I was shocked that they activated Clowney over Woodhead. I thought is was a mistake both before and after the game. I'm not part of the Woodhead Militia or anything, but I do think he could have a future as a slot receiver. I loved it when they swapped him to #83 with that in mind. I hope they revisit the idea over the offseason.

Shipley is already 25, no thanks

Austin Collie turned 24 in November and Shonn Greene turned 24 in August. They were two "old" rookies who made impacts.

If Shipley is older, big deal. If he can help the Jets win for 3 or 4 years (that would be the length of his first contract), then they should consider drafting him.

Austin Collie turned 24 in November and Shonn Greene turned 24 in August. They were two "old" rookies who made impacts.

If Shipley is older, big deal. If he can help the Jets win for 3 or 4 years (that would be the length of his first contract), then they should consider drafting him.

What round did Collie go in?

Do the Jets even have a 3rd rounder? Give me Tate. He's the best athlete of them all.

I was only putting out there what I felt was an appropriate round in which Shipley should go. I am not a big Shipley supporter or anything like that. All I'm saying is that they should consider him and the 3rd or 4th round is fair. The Jets could trade into the 3rd round, out of the 1st, out of the 4th, whatever. Many things could happen and trades will be made like they always are on draft weekend.

Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss. yes this is a homer pick, but the guy is real good. Most of the highlights are of him at RB, but he played alot of WR also and has good hands.

Excerpt from Senior Bowl day 2 notes:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Senior-Bowl-Day-2-quick-hits.html

1. Brace yourselves, because you’re going to hear a lot about Ole Miss running back/wide receiver Dexter McCluster over the next few months. During the South team’s practice session Tuesday afternoon, there wasn’t a single defender with the speed to cover McCluster down the field. Although some may question his size (5081, 165 lbs), McCluster is just too explosive and too dynamic to go overlooked on draft day. In addition, you’ve got to like his competitive nature. After dropping a pass in 1-on-1s today, McCluster hit the deck and banged out ten pushups as punishment.

GREAT CHOICE!!!! This dude will be the STEAL of the draft in the 2nd or 3rd.

I like Jordan Shipley. I think he could be our version of Wes Welker.

He practically carried Texas in the Championship game and has been McCoy's safety net.

We already have a better version of McCluster in Leon.

I love Shipley too but McCluster is a prime time, explosive, 90 yard take it to the house type weapon. He's on a different level with a different game. He's actually a better version of Leon prospect wise.

I'm with you on Shipley...the kid has heart ala Cherbet

I just watched this highlight video of this guy...he's got some really sick moves. I think he even injured one guy on a cut towards the end of the video (around 5 minutes in)

1te2nR2SBE8

If Shipley is there in Round 2 when we select (60th I think it would be?) I think we should strongly consider taking him. We do need a Cornerback (two really) and a Defensive End first, but we can get one in the 1st round and two on the FA market/through Trade.

If Shipley is there in Round 2 when we select (60th I think it would be?) I think we should strongly consider taking him. We do need a Cornerback (two really) and a Defensive End first, but we can get one in the 1st round and two on the FA market/through Trade.

meh i dont think he isnt even projected to be picked in the 1st day according to a scouting report i read unless im wrong .

Archived