JETS PSLs

insidejets

Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It will be interesting to see how many people who purchased PSls truly realize what hey have "bought"....a seat rental for several years that is likely to decline in value over the long run.

I've had season tickets for 30 years and i bought 4 PSL seats.

I understand what you're saying but i think the "worth" to me is how much i enjoy going to the games. I'm not going to sell mine and out of my 4 seats i usually give a seat a game away but as long as i'm there watching i couldn't be happier.Except when they lose of course!

I hate what they've done to us with this new stadium. I had what are now called "coaches club" seats 2nd and 3rd row on the 45 yd line behind the Jets bench and now have end zone seats in section 212 or 221 i forget.

The "real fans" are the ones who suffer.

Well said and it sucks for us. We were section 111, 50 yeard line. A bitter pill to swallow. That said, when you factor in the price of the PSL, you can buy tickets on the secondary market for much less than what the Jets are asking us to pay. I wont bore you with present value and interest calculations, but the bottom line is, the Jets are offering season ticket holders ABOVE market prices. Yes above. I know we had it too good for years, but, what they are doing now is still ridiculous. Coupled with the fact that PSL prices already have, and will continue to decline as the stadium ages, I just couldnt buy a PSl directly from the team. I mean, 45 yard line seats at auction were going for around only $10K just before they had to abandon the entire auction process.

Did you guys see Phil Mushnick's articles on this whole thing? Some of them are spot on.

In my opinion, the PSL is a "rip off" ... an extra fee scheme devised by greedy owners to guarantee a "right" I've had, as a season ticket holder, for free for the past 20 years ... plain and simple.

It is also a "depreciating" asset, which means in all likelihood, anyone who buys them will never recoup what they paid ... that even before the purchase of the tickets.

As I said, I've had season tix for 20 years ... Not anymore ... I'll watch on TV.

I enjoyed going to the games, but not at the price of paying $48,000 for something I used to pay $3,400 for a season ago.

My choice.

I don't knock anybody who buys a PSL as long as they understand what they're buying. If you can afford it, enjoy going to the games, and don't mind losing a substantial amount of money for that "right", more power to you.

And at the end of the day, I hope there are alot of you out there so the rest of us never have to worry about "blackouts". :cheers:

Well said and it sucks for us. We were section 111, 50 yeard line. A bitter pill to swallow. That said, when you factor in the price of the PSL, you can buy tickets on the secondary market for much less than what the Jets are asking us to pay. I wont bore you with present value and interest calculations, but the bottom line is, the Jets are offering season ticket holders ABOVE market prices. Yes above. I know we had it too good for years, but, what they are doing now is still ridiculous. Coupled with the fact that PSL prices already have, and will continue to decline as the stadium ages, I just couldnt buy a PSl directly from the team. I mean, 45 yard line seats at auction were going for around only $10K just before they had to abandon the entire auction process.

Did you guys see Phil Mushnick's articles on this whole thing? Some of them are spot on.

I just dont care anymore. It is what it is. I gave up my 50yd line seats and said no more to the Jets and Woody Johnson. Time to move on and stop worrying about the PSL's. Its over.

My family has had tickets for almost 25 years. This is no pitch but one fan telling the truth.

On the other hand.....Why did i have to sit in the last row of the endzone upper deck in the old house because i wasn't lucky to have a father or family member who was a season ticketholder to transfer them to me? Am i any less of a fan that I shouldn't be given a chance to enjoy what you have for 25 years?

Nobody ever says this, but what about the real fans who weren't able to get in the door for the last 20 years, while tons of season ticketholders were either flipping their seats every year or just not even going to games?

Hey it totally sucks that some people were priced out, but in actuality were you really? It seems to me that psl-free upper bowl seats have been available the whole time, and anyone with 25 years senority would have gotten something up there, and probably decent ones at that. So yeah maybe they aren't lower bowl behind the jets bench 50 yard line, but seriously, why am I not allowed to compete for those tix, I am as real and hardcore a fan as anyone, just happens I am the first in my family to be so. So congrats, you had 25 years in the lower bowl and got to see some great games, I was up in the nosebleeds ducking when planes passed by.

On the other hand.....Why did i have to sit in the last row of the endzone upper deck in the old house because i wasn't lucky to have a father or family member who was a season ticketholder to transfer them to me? Am i any less of a fan that I shouldn't be given a chance to enjoy what you have for 25 years?

Nobody ever says this, but what about the real fans who weren't able to get in the door for the last 20 years, while tons of season ticketholders were either flipping their seats every year or just not even going to games?

Hey it totally sucks that some people were priced out, but in actuality were you really? It seems to me that psl-free upper bowl seats have been available the whole time, and anyone with 25 years senority would have gotten something up there, and probably decent ones at that. So yeah maybe they aren't lower bowl behind the jets bench 50 yard line, but seriously, why am I not allowed to compete for those tix, I am as real and hardcore a fan as anyone, just happens I am the first in my family to be so. So congrats, you had 25 years in the lower bowl and got to see some great games, I was up in the nosebleeds ducking when planes passed by.

Bro this is not how it was. Maybe for the Giants, not the Jets though. Season tickets have been available every year that I looked. At face value.

Not through the Jets but on the secondary market. Anyone who wanted to go to a Jets game could go.

And when they added the front row club seats anyone could buy them as well. I know you bought a PSL and I respect that. Just saying nobody was shut out before.

Bro this is not how it was. Maybe for the Giants, not the Jets though. Season tickets have been available every year that I looked. At face value.

Not through the Jets but on the secondary market. Anyone who wanted to go to a Jets game could go.

And when they added the front row club seats anyone could buy them as well. I know you bought a PSL and I respect that. Just saying nobody was shut out before.

Buying on the secondary market isn't the same thing, if it were then I am sure there will continue to be that option so nobody should be crying about being priced out. All I know is the jets probably sold like 100 seats a year to new season Tix holders, and they were always at the top of the stadium. And you had to wait years on the list. At least this time around there were options for everyone and I know first hand that non psl seats were there for pretty much anyone that couldn't afford lowers. So there was an option for everyone. Look, do I like dropping 5,000 per seat? No. But I chose to get better seats that were never an option for me because I wasn't lucky enough to have a parent who gifted them to me. On the flipside if you don't have the money for the psl you had options. Lower level 50 yd seats are not a god given right. On one hand I would totally rather have had there be no psl, but on the other how in the world would I ever have gotten out of that last damn row at the top of the stadium??? Why is it fair that I am stuck up there while someone whose father bought 10 seats 30 years ago hoards them and flips them every year? Where is the fairness in that?

I am willing to bet it will still be that case this year. You will be able to buy tickets at or close to face value for all the games, either from the Jets or thru the secondary market.

Buying on the secondary market isn't the same thing, if it were then I am sure there will continue to be that option so nobody should be crying about being priced out. All I know is the jets probably sold like 100 seats a year to new season Tix holders, and they were always at the top of the stadium. And you had to wait years on the list. At least this time around there were options for everyone and I know first hand that non psl seats were there for pretty much anyone that couldn't afford lowers. So there was an option for everyone. Look, do I like dropping 5,000 per seat? No. But I chose to get better seats that were never an option for me because I wasn't lucky enough to have a parent who gifted them to me. On the flipside if you don't have the money for the psl you had options. Lower level 50 yd seats are not a god given right. On one hand I would totally rather have had there be no psl, but on the other how in the world would I ever have gotten out of that last damn row at the top of the stadium??? Why is it fair that I am stuck up there while someone whose father bought 10 seats 30 years ago hoards them and flips them every year? Where is the fairness in that?

The flaw is that better seats were available every single year. I hear what you are saying but the secondary market was alive, safe and well. :-P

No need for everyone to be stuck in the uppers. The front row club was available from the NY Jets the past several years. That was pretty fair. :winking0001:

The flaw is that better seats were available every single year. I hear what you are saying but the secondary market was alive, safe and well. :-P

No need for everyone to be stuck in the uppers. The front row club was available from the NY Jets the past several years. That was pretty fair. :winking0001:

Well that secondary market will still be there, but hopefully a lot of the casual fans who were hoarding have been shaken out. There are options for everyone!!

Intersting stuff. I just checked out some sites again today and PSls are continuing to be sold for below face value. I see that the Jets already dropped some ticket prices. If people dont bite on the lower tier PSLs, they will eventutally have to drop those prices too.

Intersting stuff. I just checked out some sites again today and PSls are continuing to be sold for below face value. I see that the Jets already dropped some ticket prices. If people dont bite on the lower tier PSLs, they will eventutally have to drop those prices too.

My fear with this is if you buy the PSL's and game tickets at a lower price are they eventually going to raise the ticket prices once the economy starts to look up?

I mean i'm sure you're locked in on the PSL price but the ticket prices are always subject to change.

My fear with this is if you buy the PSL's and game tickets at a lower price are they eventually going to raise the ticket prices once the economy starts to look up?

I mean i'm sure you're locked in on the PSL price but the ticket prices are always subject to change.

This you can guarantee and don't think they will care about the economy 1 more winning season and the prices will go up and forget if they ever win a super bowl they will sky rocket.

Bingo.

And remember if you don't purchase the tix in a given season, you automatically lose the PSL and the money you "invested" in it.

Bingo.

And remember if you don't purchase the tix in a given season, you automatically lose the PSL and the money you "invested" in it.

I didnt even realize this. You are totally right. PSLs are a total joke. They are just lining the owners' pockets and PSls are simply a sunk cost. The use of the word investment to describe them would be comical if it was not plain old sad.

I didnt even realize this. You are totally right. PSLs are a total joke. They are just lining the owners' pockets and PSls are simply a sunk cost. The use of the word investment to describe them would be comical if it was not plain old sad.

I think most people understand that they arent an investment.

That they probably only have about 20-25 years in the new stadium.

That PSL's "value" will go down over time.

That ticket prices will increase.

That a PSL is just a fee we have to pay in order to buy tickets.

That single tickets can probably be had at a lower cost than buying into the Jets PSL's.

We get it. You're not trailblazing any new ground here. You, Me, and thousands others decided not to be a part. For those that did, they have their reasons. Move on. Enjoy watching them on TV.

I think most people understand that they arent an investment.

That they probably only have about 20-25 years in the new stadium.

That PSL's "value" will go down over time.

That ticket prices will increase.

That a PSL is just a fee we have to pay in order to buy tickets.

That single tickets can probably be had at a lower cost than buying into the Jets PSL's.

We get it. You're not trailblazing any new ground here. You, Me, and thousands others decided not to be a part. For those that did, they have their reasons. Move on. Enjoy watching them on TV.

I hope you're right for their sake ...

But if most people understand this, then why would anyone lay out anywhere from $4K to $25K per seat, just for the "right" to purchase something that they can get with a little patience and some internet surfing on StubHub for probably a fraction of the original ticket price without paying for a PSL? Is sitting in the same seat every week worth it? To some people, I guess it is.

I don't get it, but as I said before, if you enjoy going to the stadium every week AND have money to burn, more power to you.

Like you, I'll stay at home and watch on my new 10' HD projector.

I hope you're right for their sake ...

But if most people understand this, then why would anyone lay out anywhere from $4K to $25K per seat, just for the "right" to purchase something that they can get with a little patience and some internet surfing on StubHub for probably a fraction of the original ticket price without paying for a PSL? Is sitting in the same seat every week worth it? To some people, I guess it is.

I don't get it, but as I said before, if you enjoy going to the stadium every week AND have money to burn, more power to you.

Like you, I'll stay at home and watch on my new 10' HD projector.

Why would people? Because they love going to games. Having the same seats and the same fans sitting around them every game. And there are no guarantees you'll get the seats you want for a price that will be cheaper than PSL and ticket price together. Heck... just opening night this season will cost more than the price of a season package and PSL fees for this year. Some people love the event. They are willing to shell out extra money for the right to be guaranteed seats.

If people buying PSL's dont understand the points i laid out, then they are morons. But most do and are willing to pay extra to go to games. People around my old seats are paying top PSL price for 4 seats because their kids are young (HS & College), they are rich, and love going to the game. Everyone else around me is either going upstairs or not coming back.

Why would people? Because they love going to games. Having the same seats and the same fans sitting around them every game. And there are no guarantees you'll get the seats you want for a price that will be cheaper than PSL and ticket price together. Heck... just opening night this season will cost more than the price of a season package and PSL fees for this year. Some people love the event. They are willing to shell out extra money for the right to be guaranteed seats.

If people dont understand the points i laid out, then they are morons. But most do and are willing to pay extra to go to games. People around my old seats are paying top PSL price for 4 seats because their kids are young (HS & College), they are rich, and love going to the game. Everyone else around me is either going upstairs or not coming back.

Sorry for being a moron.

Better than being a dick.

If people buying PSL's dont understand the points i laid out, then they are morons.

These people exist. In droves. If they didn't, the team wouldn't be pushing the idea that PSL's are an "investment."

I feel bad for them.

Archived