Anybody Here Heading to UFC 111?

Ace21Black

Just curious to see how many fans on here are attending since we only get one event per 2 years in our area...I'll be in section 18, row 8...

I'll also be at the press conference tomorrow, and weigh ins friday...

Anybody else?

I will be at both as well...cannot wait, should be a great time and weekend.

I was a huge fan of this stuff for awhile, even trained in it with a few of the pros. I still have a bunch of friends that are in the sport, and a guy that personally challenged me and even dropped to my weight class is really picking up some steam in the UFC (I doubt Dana White would have booked us though, since I'm a nobody in the sport, but it was kinda cool since he was actually serious about it and we might have made an undercard or something). So I definitely respect the sport and understand it, and still obviously would have an interest in it.

Except I watched Machida-Shogun and haven't watched any UFC since. I can't take this sport seriously with the terrible judging that goes on. I don't train or anything at all now so it'd be purely as a spectator, and I'll watch maybe if one of my friends gets a title shot, but otherwise the UFC has lost all intrigue to me. Lately I find myself more interested in WWE actually, at least they don't try to hide that the fights are predetermined/choreographed there.

They sold all the $50 and $100 tickets to ticket brokers and didn't give the fans any access to them. Only the $200 and up tickets.

Now those same $50 and $100 tickets are being sold by brokers at $100 and $175 respectively. Was real f'd up because I really wanted to go. I can afford to pay the ticket prices above, but F that.

I was a huge fan of this stuff for awhile, even trained in it with a few of the pros. I still have a bunch of friends that are in the sport, and a guy that personally challenged me and even dropped to my weight class is really picking up some steam in the UFC (I doubt Dana White would have booked us though, since I'm a nobody in the sport, but it was kinda cool since he was actually serious about it and we might have made an undercard or something). So I definitely respect the sport and understand it, and still obviously would have an interest in it.

Except I watched Machida-Shogun and haven't watched any UFC since. I can't take this sport seriously with the terrible judging that goes on. I don't train or anything at all now so it'd be purely as a spectator, and I'll watch maybe if one of my friends gets a title shot, but otherwise the UFC has lost all intrigue to me. Lately I find myself more interested in WWE actually, at least they don't try to hide that the fights are predetermined/choreographed there.

Who are some of the pros you've trained with and the guy who challenged you if you don't mind saying?

No.

I have a job.

And a life.

I can tell...your life/job consists of 8000 + posts on JetNation(nothing wrong with that)...RIGHHTTTTTT

UFC is actually very popular, so just because it doesnt cater to your genre, no need to bash people about it with snide remarks...I have a life, a job, but it is called living a little...We live once, no need to be miserable...

Try getting outside a little, it may help...

No.

I have a job.

And a life.

I can tell...your life/job consists of 8000 + posts on JetNation(nothing wrong with that)...RIGHHTTTTTT

UFC is actually very popular, so just because it doesnt cater to your genre, no need to bash people about it with snide remarks...I have a life, a job, but it is called living a little...We live once, no need to be miserable...

And yet, you average 4 more posts per day than me.

Oops.

But by all means, live a little. You go watch that weigh-in!

Oops.

Oops.

All the guy did was ask if anyone was going to UFC . What is it to you ? Why do you have to be rude for ? You don't see me making fun of the fact that, judging by your avatar, you are an obvious fan of a stupid '80's cartoon .Have a nice day homoswitch.gif

Oops.

All the guy did was ask if anyone was going to UFC . What is it to you ? Why do you have to be rude for ? You don't see me making fun of the fact that, judging by your avatar, you are an obvious fan of a stupid '80's cartoon .Have a nice day homoswitch.gif

Dude, you joined this month, theres still a week left, and you have like 250 posts...i didn't even know there were enough hours in the day to do that.

Dude, you joined this month, theres still a week left, and you have like 250 posts...i didn't even know there were enough hours in the day to do that.

Oops.

For you to even look that up is pathetic(the post figure)...In my line of work, when it snows(end of February it snowed), we couldnt work...So easy with that...

Nice Avatar :)...80's cartoon avatar = 40 yr old Virgin...

lets take a vote...better avatar for EY...2 choices

This

26952_1420449830109_1198586526_1190756_5860314_n.jpg

OR THIS

26952_1420452150167_1198586526_1190762_1320177_n.jpg

VOTES PLEASE

Oops.

For you to even look that up is pathetic(the post figure)...In my line of work, when it snows(end of February it snowed), we couldnt work...So easy with that...

Nice Avatar :)...80's cartoon avatar = 40 yr old Virgin...

lets take a vote...better avatar for EY...2 choices

This

26952_1420449830109_1198586526_1190756_5860314_n.jpg

OR THIS

26952_1420452150167_1198586526_1190762_1320177_n.jpg

VOTES PLEASE

EY gets owned

EY gets owned

Im sorta torn with this.

I live in Virginia so I won't be able to see it live.

But I can;t decide to look into them showing it at a movie Theatre or just go to my normal sports bar. I like the idea of seeing it on a gigantic screen, but not sure I can make the transition from 14 beers, 50 chicken wings, cheese fries, crab dip for a couple gallons of diet coke and a pillow case full of popcorn.

Archived