Rackers to Texans

hoping4ASuperBowl

Most interesting line from this PFT article:

It's telling that Rackers got better money and chose the Houston job. He thinks he has a better chance of beating out Brown than Nick Folk in New York.

Maybe all you guys hanging yourselves over Nick Folk are way off the mark.

Folk vs. a UDFA + every other NFL team's cut = the Jets fielding a Feely level (at least!) kicker in 2010. Can't believe the bandwidth this non-issue is getting. :face:

I was responding to posts concerning Feely being cut twice before he was a Jet. not Folk.

And give me a break with the feely's big mouth stuff. Do you have a problem with Bart Scott? I highly doubt this is the team where talking gets you into trouble. Our HC was plastered all over the world with his middle finger raised toward a dolphin fan. That is the worst reasoning for this happening I've heard yet. It may be the worst reasoning that is possible to create. It's silly and not realistic.

It doesn't matter what you were responding to, the point is the same. They've both been cut, does that mean that they can't be effective kickers? I don't disagree that I would prefer to upgrade before I cut him loose, but I explained several reasons why they may look at this as an upgrade.

I don't have a problem with Feely's big mouth. I'm also not particularly fond of Scott constantly flapping his gums. The fact is that Scott obviously has the coaches blessing, that doesn't mean that Feely does. Just because the team has embraced a brash big mouth, that doesn't mean the entire team has carte blanche to go ape**** squawking to the press and everybody else. The Giants dumped Feely right when Coughlin loosened up. Maybe he's not so popular in the lockerroom or with his position coaches. Or maybe they just wanted the flexibility for FAs.

It doesn't matter what you were responding to, the point is the same. They've both been cut, does that mean that they can't be effective kickers? I don't disagree that I would prefer to upgrade before I cut him loose, but I explained several reasons why they may look at this as an upgrade.

I don't have a problem with Feely's big mouth. I'm also not particularly fond of Scott constantly flapping his gums. The fact is that Scott obviously has the coaches blessing, that doesn't mean that Feely does. Just because the team has embraced a brash big mouth, that doesn't mean the entire team has carte blanche to go ape**** squawking to the press and everybody else. The Giants dumped Feely right when Coughlin loosened up. Maybe he's not so popular in the lockerroom or with his position coaches. Or maybe they just wanted the flexibility for FAs.

The point is not the same at all. The point was that someone was saying that feely was not all that important because he was cut twice before he was with us. That does not reduce the fact that he was solid for us. The fact that we now have to look for a kicker and are making excuses for why Folk is going to be great what it is. Unnecessary.

Listen, I'm a jets fan too. I want folk to be the best if he's what we have. I just don't see the reason to let a guy go with no option better than a guy like folk. I also don't feel the need to defend every single move the Jets make just because they are the Jets. Tanny is not flawless. Pete Kendal ring a bell?

Most interesting line from this PFT article:

Maybe all you guys hanging yourselves over Nick Folk are way off the mark.

Folk vs. a UDFA + every other NFL team's cut = the Jets fielding a Feely level (at least!) kicker in 2010. Can't believe the bandwidth this non-issue is getting. :face:

It's because there's nothing else going on man. :thumbup:

The point is not the same at all. The point was that someone was saying that feely was not all that important because he was cut twice before he was with us. That does not reduce the fact that he was solid for us. The fact that we now have to look for a kicker and are making excuses for why Folk is going to be great what it is. Unnecessary.

Listen, I'm a jets fan too. I want folk to be the best if he's what we have. I just don't see the reason to let a guy go with no option better than a guy like folk. I also don't feel the need to defend every single move the Jets make just because they are the Jets. Tanny is not flawless. Pete Kendal ring a bell?

The point was that Feely was picked up off the scrap heap and so were most other decent kickers. It is not a position like QB or LT that requires a huge investment, draft and development. You bring a bunch of guys to camp and see who sticks. You almost always end up with a kicker who is serviceable or better. Feely was better, I trust them to find another solid kicker. Guys that were home on September 1 have good seasons all the time. I explained several reasons why they may have found replacing Feely necessary. You don't agree, but it isn't like reasonable people can't see benefits in letting Feely walk.

Who cares what happened before he [Feeley] was a Jet? We know what he did here.

It does matter, because it means Feeley is not in any way an elite kicker like Vinateri who starts out good and stays good throughout his career. Like most mediocre-to-good kickers, Feeley has his up years and his down years, and we just happened to grab him when he was going through one of his mostly up intervals. And he started getting shaky at the end of the season.

Archived