Rackers to Texans

hoping4ASuperBowl

Texans agreed to terms with K Neil Rackers on a two-year contract.

The Texans will hold an open competition between Rackers and Kris Brown in camp. Rackers has a stronger leg for touchback purposes and has been more accurate over the last two seasons, missing just four regular season field goal attempts compared to Brown's 14, including 11 last year alone. Neither is especially great in the clutch, but Rackers should be the favorite.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/11668950398

I can't wait until people realize that letting Feely go was a big, big mistake.

I can't wait for the 5 or so drama queens bitching about the FG kicker "situation" have their balls drop, and realize that having an run-of-the-mill FG kicker as the biggest issue of the off-season is a ****ing luxury.

I can't wait for the 5 or so drama queens bitching about the FG kicker "situation" have their balls drop, and realize that having an run-of-the-mill FG kicker as the biggest issue of the off-season is a ****ing luxury.

I just hate how people over-look this "situation."

I just hate how people over-look this "situation."

I just hate how some fans expect all of the off-season "problems" to be solved before April. :rolleyes:

The Jets don't play a meaningful game for how many months?

I am quite certain that they will find a FG kicker that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside before then.

I just hate how some fans expect all of the off-season "problems" to be solved before April. :rolleyes:

The Jets don't play a meaningful game for how many months?

I am quite certain that they will find a FG kicker that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside before then.

While I agree that we can't expect everything to be taken care of by now, we also did not have to create needs either. Feely was more than fine for us at the kicker position. He was also already here. We didn;t need to do anything to keep him.

We have needs. WR, DL, and OL depth being the biggies. We have now created a need at S and K as well. While I wanted Rhodes gone as much as anyone, we seem to be creating needs when we already have some that need to be addressed.

Kickers are important. We as Jets fans should know that as much as anyone. This was a bad move.

While I agree that we can't expect everything to be taken care of by now, we also did not have to create needs either. Feely was more than fine for us at the kicker position. He was also already here. We didn;t need to do anything to keep him.

We have needs. WR, DL, and OL depth being the biggies. We have now created a need at S and K as well. While I wanted Rhodes gone as much as anyone, we seem to be creating needs when we already have some that need to be addressed.

Kickers are important. We as Jets fans should know that as much as anyone. This was a bad move.

I agree with you on S, but K has been addressed in Folk. Would the love fest in Feely just stop? He's a JAG who blew chunks in the most critical moments.

Remember he was picked up off the street. Why do so many of you think he's so hard to to replace??!!

While I agree that we can't expect everything to be taken care of by now, we also did not have to create needs either.

Many teams coming off successful seasons tend to stand pat and keep what they already have, and this rarely pans out. I prefer Tanny's proactive moves. Maybe we'll end up with a kicker who is better than Feely? Or, perhaps letting go of Feely helps us get a FA who can help us elsewhere? I don't call it creating needs, I call it upgrading.

Man I hope we bring another kicker in who beats out Folk. This “Folk” thing is is going to be painful other wise

Neil Rackers is a Houston Texan

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 5, 2010 8:43 PM ET

The Texans are fixing to have an old fashion kicker competition.

Houston signed Neil Rackers Monday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Rackers and Kris Brown will battle all summer for the gig.

Brown, an original member of the Texans, notably missed a few big field goals against the Colts in a spotty overall season. Rackers, who was replaced by Jay Feely in Arizona, visited the Jets Monday.

It's telling that Rackers got better money and chose the Houston job. He thinks he has a better chance of beating out Brown than Nick Folk in New York.

UPDATE: Rackers got $350,000 guaranteed, according to Schefter. Brown has his work cut out for him.

So glad you pointed that out. Wasn't Feeley cut twice in two weeks before we got him, something like that?

Who cares what happened before he was a Jet? We know what he did here. Listen, I am not a Feely lover. This move just seems unnecessary. Folk? Talk about errratic.

We spent year having kickers we couldnt trust. Feely was an accurate and reliable kicker. Unless there was a significant upgrade we should not be messing with it.

Many teams coming off successful seasons tend to stand pat and keep what they already have, and this rarely pans out. I prefer Tanny's proactive moves. Maybe we'll end up with a kicker who is better than Feely? Or, perhaps letting go of Feely helps us get a FA who can help us elsewhere? I don't call it creating needs, I call it upgrading.

I also like being proactive. Cutting a guy and not having a improvement waiting to fill in is stupid. We had the position filled with a guy who was dependable. If we want to upgrade that's fine. I don't see an upgrade with Folk.

Who cares what happened before he was a Jet? We know what he did here. Listen, I am not a Feely lover. This move just seems unnecessary. Folk? Talk about errratic.

We spent year having kickers we couldnt trust. Feely was an accurate and reliable kicker. Unless there was a significant upgrade we should not be messing with it.

Who cares what Folk did before he was a Jet? Maybe you should see what he does here.

With the current rules on spending they may well have needed that money to go after a FA. Folk + UFA > Feely + dick. Also, Feely is a big mouthed know it all, it has gotten him booted from more than one team. His contribution may be considerably less than what he provides with his leg.

Where's Nugent? Did we just get rid of him because he was hurt and Feely was doing well? I always thought Nugent was good. Anyway yes having a good kicker helps but Folk will have competition and if he (and westoff) figure out his issues we have a pro bowl kicker. Season doesnt start tomorrow.

Who cares what Folk did before he was a Jet? Maybe you should see what he does here.

With the current rules on spending they may well have needed that money to go after a FA. Folk + UFA > Feely + dick. Also, Feely is a big mouthed know it all, it has gotten him booted from more than one team. His contribution may be considerably less than what he provides with his leg.

agreed. It is amazing how quickly we are to label guys and not even know what could have contributed to their poor season. (I read that he had an operation and was rushed back into service by Dallas.) Then we compound it by not mentioning that the guy also made the pro bowl in the not too distant past. RACKERS apparently felt FOLK was more of an obstacle then the competition in Houston. He signed there and not here. Yet we are sore at Folk. If he makes a few great kicks, he will be a FOLK-HERO ! lol

I was responding to posts concerning Feely being cut twice before he was a Jet. not Folk.

And give me a break with the feely's big mouth stuff. Do you have a problem with Bart Scott? I highly doubt this is the team where talking gets you into trouble. Our HC was plastered all over the world with his middle finger raised toward a dolphin fan. That is the worst reasoning for this happening I've heard yet. It may be the worst reasoning that is possible to create. It's silly and not realistic.

Archived