Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wasn't exactly my intent. Being a power role is hard because you have to maintain enough suspicion so they don't night kill you and not suspicious so they don't lynch you. I wasn't trying to get all this attention, i just agreed if you had to observe my gameplay it wasn't exactly the most townie-like.

This is the crux of why power roles get outed so often. You aren't playing care free, you are lieing and schemeing.. Happens everytime...

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, CTM

Sharrow (4) -- JVoR, Crusher, Integrity, JiF

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (1) -- Vicious

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Ugh!

If you're saying you're the doc now, why would you protect JiF and not yourself last night?

Just speculation here, but judging on the movie, he might be able to protect himself at the same time just by sticking together with 1 other person.

Ugh!

If you're saying you're the doc now, why would you protect JiF and not yourself last night?

i'm not saying i'm the doc persay.. i'm saying i have abilities that i can use on myself and 1 other person

Like this game wasn't ****ed up enough as it is. Now we've got power roles outed in a conversion game? Looks like its coin-flip time for the doc unless we end up lynching JVOR. Frankly, with the way this game is we're probably in a bad enough way that we've got to take the risk of letting them live and having the doc coin flip on which one he protects and hope for the best. At this point I'm inclined to go a different direction all together and will probably keep my vote on Crusher for the time being.

Just speculation here, but judging on the movie, he might be able to protect himself at the same time just by sticking together with 1 other person.

that kind of sounds familiar... need to check the pm to be sure

Ugh!

Well here's my view. We kill JVoR, he flips scum we got CTM too and this is a elaborate ploy between the two of them. If JVoR flips innocent... then CTM just self protects and we move on. At this point we can't have two people hanging around here with role claims. It's just not going to work. That is my personal opinion if anyone else has any other ideas on how to approach this I will be happy to go along with it.

Well here's my view. We kill JVoR, he flips scum we got CTM too and this is a elaborate ploy between the two of them. If JVoR flips innocent... then CTM just self protects and we move on. At this point we can't have two people hanging around here with role claims. It's just not going to work. That is my personal opinion if anyone else has any other ideas on how to approach this I will be happy to go along with it.

JVOR being scum doesn't mean CTM is. JVOR could be a watcher/tracker that was already scum for all we know.

Just as a random thought on this double reveal, trying to look at all of the angles here are really our possibilities.

If JVOR is telling the truth:

1. He's a watcher and saw CTM, who has a town power role.

2. He's a watcher and saw CTM, who is scum with a power role OR was the scum who was sent to attempt a conversion on JiF.

If JVOR is lying:

1. He's scum and teammates with CTM. HIGHLY unlikely as there would be no motivation to out a scum partner like this, particularly this early.

2. He's scum with some sort of role and was able to identify CTM as roled, because if CTM was townie and not roled he'd be going after JVOR right now. Also unlikely, as the scum would likely be much more inclined to attempt a conversion or get him killed off quietly than having to deal with the issues in trying to get a known roled townie lynched.

So basically, from a pure logic standpoint I'm inclined to believe JVOR. CTM I still think could certainly be on either side because there's no way of knowing what was going on with CTM's visit to JiF.

i'm not saying i'm the doc persay.. i'm saying i have abilities that i can use on myself and 1 other person

The fact that they were essentially saying the same thing at the same time AND that this apparently ties into the movie as well, makes me feel much better about CTM's innocence. So I guess ignore that last part in my above post. :P

well played what?

0% chance i'm scum

go ahead and lynch me, i'll even self hammer.. you guys have boned this up so bad already it'll be funny.

The joke. DUH.

How'd we bone it up? JVoR revealed uber-early and then outed you. I'm close to signing off so I don't particularly care what happens. I'm not much of a town leader anyways so people won't listen to me regardless.

Also, TRUSSSSSTTT MEEEEE

I tend to agree.

I didn't see any enormous pressure on JVoR to release the name of who he saw where last night. I certainly didn't want to hear it. Why would a townie release that info? JVoR himself thought CTM was the cop. Why would a townie opt to reveal the cop? Makes no sense.

vote: JVoR

If JVoR flips town, then we have to re-examine CTM. He could be exactly what he says he is, or he could be scum who had a failed conversion attempt on JiF last night. Or he could be a scum watcher.

But if we miss on this torching, and we still have JVoR and CTM to deal with tomorrow, we're pretty screwed.

Given recent information I completely disagree. First, they are declaring completely different roles, so I'm not sure what relevance two role-claimers has at all. Secondly, with what sounds like CTM's ability to protect himself and another, both are still in good shape going forward. That's assuming scum doesn't have a roleblocker, in which case we are completely boned no matter what we do.

The joke. DUH.

How'd we bone it up? JVoR revealed uber-early and then outed you. I'm close to signing off so I don't particularly care what happens. I'm not much of a town leader anyways so people won't listen to me regardless.

You guys meant everyone, including JVOR ;)

Also, TRUSSSSSTTT MEEEEE

indeed :D

Just as a random thought on this double reveal, trying to look at all of the angles here are really our possibilities.

If JVOR is telling the truth:

1. He's a watcher and saw CTM, who has a town power role.

2. He's a watcher and saw CTM, who is scum with a power role OR was the scum who was sent to attempt a conversion on JiF.

If JVOR is lying:

1. He's scum and teammates with CTM. HIGHLY unlikely as there would be no motivation to out a scum partner like this, particularly this early.

2. He's scum with some sort of role and was able to identify CTM as roled, because if CTM was townie and not roled he'd be going after JVOR right now. Also unlikely, as the scum would likely be much more inclined to attempt a conversion or get him killed off quietly than having to deal with the issues in trying to get a known roled townie lynched.

So basically, from a pure logic standpoint I'm inclined to believe JVOR. CTM I still think could certainly be on either side because there's no way of knowing what was going on with CTM's visit to JiF.

I think I believe him too. There was really no reason for him to reveal at just 3 votes, when I basically already had the noose around my neck. I don't see any reason why scum would do that. I half expected to already be dead by the time I got back. If CTM can really protect him, he could still be useful to us if he is town. We could take a risk here in believing him, and have it pay off big if he catches a scum converting someone tonight. Whether it's too big of a risk or not, I don't know.

Given recent information I completely disagree. First, they are declaring completely different roles, so I'm not sure what relevance two role-claimers has at all. Secondly, with what sounds like CTM's ability to protect himself and another, both are still in good shape going forward. That's assuming scum doesn't have a roleblocker, in which case we are completely boned no matter what we do.

which is why none of this should've been discussed and my name never should've been mentioned.. I've been telling pac since day 1 that we shouldn't just blindly lynch power roles like that dodo wanted too..

LOL... all this drama... and here come Sharrow the one-trick pony.

Hey, 1. First of all, you've been scummy as hell. 2. You've said you're roleless 3. your lynch would give us a lot of information. Sorry, but it seems like a no brainer to me.

Like this game wasn't ****ed up enough as it is. Now we've got power roles outed in a conversion game? Looks like its coin-flip time for the doc unless we end up lynching JVOR. Frankly, with the way this game is we're probably in a bad enough way that we've got to take the risk of letting them live and having the doc coin flip on which one he protects and hope for the best. At this point I'm inclined to go a different direction all together and will probably keep my vote on Crusher for the time being.

Wow. Im pressed for time but this is totally ****ed. I sorta get JVOR's reveal second time looking at it because he could have went to L1 pretty quick, but a couple of us told him to not reveal. Maybe three of us. I havent read the last couple pages but Im assuming do to I128 pushing he revealed CTM visiting my sweet Boopsie? I guess this from CTM's response.

Im going to unvote for now because I wont have time to sit and read thru until after work tonight. I'll be on and off but I want to go thru this and see how this happen. Who pushed who and what not.

Ugly.

Archived