Redskins Want To Deal Haynesworth Before Draft

Blaq218

Washington Post - The Redskins are looking to trade defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth before this month's draft, according to the Washington Post.

New coach Mike Shanahan has instructed general manager Bruce Allen to identify potential destinations for Haynesworth, whom the Redskins paid a $21 million bonus April 1.

Washington tried to include Haynesworth in on the Donovan McNabb trade, but Philadelphia wasn't interested.

The Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans are rumored to be possible landing spots.

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16548/20100407/redskins_want_to_deal_haynesworth_before_draft/#ixzz0kRYgrFRy

A Jenkins/Haynesworth frontilne would be unstoppable. I dont know if a deal for Haynesworth is possible financially, but he would be better than anyone we could get with the 29th pick.

There is a reason Washington traded him:

He got his big contract, and became a lazy sack of ****. All he's in it for was the big contract and now that he has it he could care less. No thank you.

There is a reason Washington traded him:

He got his big contract, and became a lazy sack of ****. All he's in it for was the big contract and now that he has it he could care less. No thank you.

I agree. I think Haynesworth is going to be the new poster boy for players who only play well in contract years.

No. He's too expensive.

His contract numbers are not that bad; especially since the Skins have paid the $21 million roster bonus he was due Apr 1.

But, if the Jets did manage to land him, between Haynesworth and Kris Jenkins up front, NOBODY would be able to run anywhere near the middle.

The Skins are in dire need of a LT, now that Samuels had called it quits. Whichever team has a good to great LT, that they are willing to trade, could land Haynesworth.

Archived