Clemens signs tender

SilentRob928

Kellen Clemens signs his tender

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2010 10:14 AM ET

As one of the 200-plus players who are restricted -- rather than unrestricted -- free agents in the uncapped 2010 season, Jets quarterback Kellen Clemens knows he has little to no leverage.

"The only thing that I can control is whether I sign that tender today or a week from today," Clemens said last week.

Clemens chose to wait a few days, but Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that Clemens has signed his tender.

As Caplan points out, the Jets now have an abundance of quarterbacks, and they may add one more in Mark Brunell, who could sign with the Jets but is currently being put on hold while the Jets attempt to lure Jason Taylor.

So Clemens is now under contract to the Jets. But he might not be much longer.

We don't need this many damn QBs.

We have 4:

Sanchez

Clemens

Ainge

O'Connell (I think thats his name)

If they sign Brunell, that's 5.

Then there's Smith, if you want that to count.

That's SIX!

1. Sanchez

2. Brunell

3. Clemens

4. Ainge

5. O'Connell

6. Smith

Here:

Sanchez stays, obviously.

Trade/release Clemens.

Trade/release O'Connell.

Don't sign Brunell.

1. Sanchez

2. Ainge

3. Smith (Emergency)

That is all the quarterbacks you need!!!

If you sign Brunell then just figure out a way to trade/release or bury Ainge. (I like him though)

Screw Ainge, the only people I ever saw get enthusiastic about him are the people who think you are addressing the issue of starting QB by drafting one in the fifth round.

I've got nothing against a fifth rounder showing he's a good player, but Ainge hasn't done that.

Keep O'Connell.

Does he have any trade value?

None visible. You've seen him the last few times he played-what do you think?

About the only thing that might work for him is for some offensive assistant on some team who used to work for the Jets or even saw Clemens in college thinks he might respond to a different coaching approach, so he puts in a good word for him. I do believe Clemens has regressed the past couple of years, he might be better than what he is showing. If such a thing happens, we might get a 6th round pick.

Otherwise, forget it.

Kellen Clemens will be traded on draft day. I don't think we will move up in the 1st round because of all the other moves we made. But the Jets have been more than fair to Clemens, plus we have way too many QBs. I knew no one was gonna sign him.

We don't need this many damn QBs.

We have 4:

Sanchez

Clemens

Ainge

O'Connell (I think thats his name)

If they sign Brunell, that's 5.

Then there's Smith, if you want that to count.

That's SIX!

1. Sanchez

2. Brunell

3. Clemens

4. Ainge

5. O'Connell

6. Smith

Here:

Sanchez stays, obviously.

Trade/release Clemens.

Trade/release O'Connell.

Don't sign Brunell.

1. Sanchez

2. Ainge

3. Smith (Emergency)

That is all the quarterbacks you need!!!

If you sign Brunell then just figure out a way to trade/release or bury Ainge. (I like him though)

YIKES !! I'd be VERY concerned going into the season with Ainge and Smith being one play away from starting. QB is too important a position to have zero experience as a back up.

Archived