Star Wars Mafia

Bleedin Green

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, I see what you're saying. I understand your reasoning, but playing devils advocate here, dont' you think we probably would've asked him who he looked into anyways? We're asking it of CTM right now.

The way he described his role, all it does is confirm that CTM has a targeting role. What good does it do us?

3. I'll reveal that I am a new role that is a cross-between a Watcher and a Tracker. I can target a person and see if they target anyone else, and if anyone targets them. I don't get names or actions though.

Is there any way that role can even be helpful to the town? Say CTM is hypothetically scum and nightkilled Slats last night. Doesn't do us any good cause his role doesn't tell us that CTM targetted Slats. Say he watched Slats, he still doesn't see who killed him. Am I missing something, or is it absolutely worthless to the town?

The way he described his role, all it does is confirm that CTM has a targeting role. What good does it do us?

Is there any way that role can even be helpful to the town? Say CTM is hypothetically scum and nightkilled Slats last night. Doesn't do us any good cause his role doesn't tell us that CTM targetted Slats. Say he watched Slats, he still doesn't see who killed him. Am I missing something, or is it absolutely worthless to the town?

Actually I think you're pretty spot on. This is why I always talk things out loud because when it comes to this game there is plenty I miss.

In which game?

Last game where i outted ctm to make him believe that i am a town power role/make him help me survive.

My opinion is that dpr is faking this as a last ditch survival effort. just assuming ctm is innocent for a second and dpr is scum... if ctm flat out denies it then scum knows ctm can't visit at night so is not a cop /doc etc. If he confirms it he can help trying to survive and voila you know ctm is someone potentially worth killing as a valued role.

For me it depends on how ctm plays this. He is a smart guy, him lapping up this crap would make me wonder about him.

He's either hiding who i targetted in order to be somewhat pro town, or you are right, I don't see how this benefits anybody but scum (as they can use this to fish for powerroles, considering, anyone that isn't scum and has an ability is either SK or town power)

I'd like to hear more from him, but I'm not compelled by his story at this point

Last game where i outted ctm to make him believe that i am a town power role/make him help me survive.

My opinion is that dpr is faking this as a last ditch survival effort. just assuming ctm is innocent for a second and dpr is scum... if ctm flat out denies it then scum knows ctm can't visit at night so is not a cop /doc etc. If he confirms it he can help trying to survive and voila you know ctm is someone potentially worth killing as a valued role.

For me it depends on how ctm plays this. He is a smart guy, him lapping up this crap would make me wonder about him.

Duh- Ok sorry, brain fart.

i'm not going to do something impulsive, if that's what you want.. don't hold breath

He's either hiding who i targetted in order to be somewhat pro town, or you are right, I don't see how this benefits anybody but scum (as they can use this to fish for powerroles, considering, anyone that isn't scum and has an ability is either SK or town power)

I'd like to hear more from him, but I'm not compelled by his story at this point

I think I've decided regarding him, I'd like to hear from everybody else. No need to shut people out of the discussion with a quick lynch.

Back

Career fairs suck when you are a business major at a school known for its engineering

And I think I am going to skip class today... So ill be around for awhile

DPRs post was scummy as hell.. Like others have said, A) I have really know idea how this role is beneficial to town.. B) There wasn't to much pressure to reveal CTM right away.. it sounds like hes trying to take pressure off himself and put the focus on CTM. Not quite buying it right now.

Think Ill keep my vote on DPR for now.

Hi everyone, checking in from my phone. I wonder if slats had some knowledge beforehand about his death, hence the massive posting streak he went on. Dpr's reveal is so Deja-vu-ish I think we clearly need to be careful with it, if we learned any lesson from the previous game. I vote ctm doesn't share any info about who he targeted.

Obviously I'm not faking this, or CTM would have denied it.

The idea that CTM would sit on the fence with it to eliminate himself from a power role hunter is not valid - he would have known I was scum, and being as close to lynch as I am, announced that he did not target anyone and that I was lying.

It's not like it's going to take much to finish me off.

The fact that he did not even wait to see if a finder announced anything, and just threw down a vote on me made me think that he was trying to hurry a lynch, and it made me think that he killed Slats. He was wishy-washy yesterday, kinda complimenting me but kinda suspecting me, and Slats was less than complimentary toward him. So I figured he stood a really high chance of being scum.

I knew he wasn't the finder. If he voted for me that fast, he would more than likely have checked me and just announced it.

I seriously doubt he's the healer because he stuck his neck out awfully far yesterday to be a power role like that.

I put it all together and figured he's probably scum.

I'm making an effort to be as clear as I can - your board flavor is very different than my home turf. Crush can back that up.

Also, for the spinners, both Tracker and Watcher are listed as pro-town roles on mafiascum.net.

Granted, they could be used anywhere, and I'm not saying that those are my credentials - I'm just trying to clear a little space for myself in a somewhat hostile environment.

If you think about it, it's not that hard to figure out who I am.

Obviously I'm not faking this, or CTM would have denied it.

The idea that CTM would sit on the fence with it to eliminate himself from a power role hunter is not valid - he would have known I was scum, and being as close to lynch as I am, announced that he did not target anyone and that I was lying.

It's not like it's going to take much to finish me off.

The fact that he did not even wait to see if a finder announced anything, and just threw down a vote on me made me think that he was trying to hurry a lynch, and it made me think that he killed Slats. He was wishy-washy yesterday, kinda complimenting me but kinda suspecting me, and Slats was less than complimentary toward him. So I figured he stood a really high chance of being scum.

I knew he wasn't the finder. If he voted for me that fast, he would more than likely have checked me and just announced it.

I seriously doubt he's the healer because he stuck his neck out awfully far yesterday to be a power role like that.

I put it all together and figured he's probably scum.

I'm making an effort to be as clear as I can - your board flavor is very different than my home turf. Crush can back that up.

So how is your role beneficial to the rebellion?

Also, for the spinners, both Tracker and Watcher are listed as pro-town roles on mafiascum.net.

Granted, they could be used anywhere, and I'm not saying that those are my credentials - I'm just trying to clear a little space for myself in a somewhat hostile environment.

If you think about it, it's not that hard to figure out who I am.

They've been anti-town roles in all the games we've played at this site, I believe.

Back

Career fairs suck when you are a business major at a school known for its engineering

And I think I am going to skip class today... So ill be around for awhile

DPRs post was scummy as hell.. Like others have said, A) I have really know idea how this role is beneficial to town.. B) There wasn't to much pressure to reveal CTM right away.. it sounds like hes trying to take pressure off himself and put the focus on CTM. Not quite buying it right now.

Think Ill keep my vote on DPR for now.

This is the kind of post that is like static in my brain.

My post was scummy - great - how exactly?

You have no idea how my role, admitted to by CTM, is beneficial to the town? Seriuosly, go to mafiascum.net and click on their wiki link. It's more fun than a job fair, anyway...

Not too much pressure? Just out of curiousity, what is? You want me to keep everybody in suspense until L-1?

It sounds like I'm trying to take pressure off of myself? Simply put, I'm trying to not get lynched - call it whatever you want.

My best shot at being pro-town is to announce what I found anyway - it makes me more of a target to the mafia because I've revealed I have a role, but it's better than needlessly dying.

Plus, see my previous post about why I think CTM might very well be scum.

FWIW, I did pick Doggin off yesterday. I could argue that I've done a fair bit more for the town than the majority of the other players, but I don't think I'd be too well received. Let me know if I'm wrong. heh

They've been anti-town roles in all the games we've played at this site, I believe.

So we ignore the rest of the internet, including the one site that is used as the mafia bible?

For future ref, most times those are balancing roles given to the town to offset a powerful mafia.

So how is your role beneficial to the rebellion?

Well, I've revealed, so now I can work in the open. Traditionally, the town decides who they want viewed, and I come back with results.

I understand you'll want to confirm me. So, say the finder never comes back with a guilty verdict on me - at some point you have to figure I'll have been checked if i haven't been already. Realistically, that will have to do unless you have another way.

Plus, my record will speak for itself. CTM has already confirmed I'm not making it up.

I'm open to other ideas as well.

Well, I've revealed, so now I can work in the open. Traditionally, the town decides who they want viewed, and I come back with results.

I understand you'll want to confirm me. So, say the finder never comes back with a guilty verdict on me - at some point you have to figure I'll have been checked if i haven't been already. Realistically, that will have to do unless you have another way.

Plus, my record will speak for itself. CTM has already confirmed I'm not making it up.

would you concede that your role is equally, if not more, adept at outing town power roles?

And how do those results help the town? Give us an example.

It might be different if you got the result of who was targeting or targeted by the person you watched/tracked, but the lack of that result makes your power useless to the town. Am I wrong?

The nature of the role does not make it scum or town, per say. It is usually used as a balance to the game.

It would be as beneficial to the town as it would be to the mafia.

A lot of times, in games with lots of roles, it is unavoidable that people reveal to keep from being lynched. It's not unusual that another role, any of several, could be revealed, and be used in conjunction with mine.

I don't want to get close to that spirit of the game boundary, but a lot of the characters in the movies work with other characters. Does that make sense?

I dunno, I honestly would be ok with BG modkilling him. It honestly annoys the **** out of me.

I'M SUCH A BETTER FAN THAN YOU THAT I'M GOING TO JUST GO MAKE FUN OF DOLPHIN TROLLS BECAUSE THAT'S VERY IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE.

Then don't ****ing sign up, we all know the draft is this week. We all know we signed xerxes. You can do both.

Amen. If anyone knows me I'm a draft fanatic much more so than Kleck. Anyway this thing is moving in light speed I'm like 10 pages behind

would you concede that your role is equally, if not more, adept at outing town power roles?

Wow, you guys are obsessed with outing town power roles.

This is a given in any game - obviously both sides are trying to find each other.

Would you say that a killing role is definitely a mafia role? But when a vig reveals and let's the town help chose the target, that benefits the town, no?

This is what I was talking about with Slats, and playing one-dimensionally. You have to look at situations where the information I provide could be useful.

Say we come close to an endgame situation and there are only a couple of mafia suspects left. I watch one. If they target and someone dies, we've got them. If they don't target and someone dies, we've got the other one. If they don't nightkill at all, we have another day to try and lynch them.

You see? Any role can be beneficial to any player of any alignment.

Wow, you guys are obsessed with outing town power roles.

This is a given in any game - obviously both sides are trying to find each other.

Would you say that a killing role is definitely a mafia role? But when a vig reveals and let's the town help chose the target, that benefits the town, no?

This is what I was talking about with Slats, and playing one-dimensionally. You have to look at situations where the information I provide could be useful.

Say we come close to an endgame situation and there are only a couple of mafia suspects left. I watch one. If they target and someone dies, we've got them. If they don't target and someone dies, we've got the other one. If they don't nightkill at all, we have another day to try and lynch them.

You see? Any role can be beneficial to any player of any alignment.

What direction do you think we should go in, right now?

So we ignore the rest of the internet, including the one site that is used as the mafia bible?

For future ref, most times those are balancing roles given to the town to offset a powerful mafia.

It is true that Watcher/Tracker are listed as pro-town roles.

Link

That said, they can be associated with 3rd party or scum.

The pressing question is, why outing CTM is beneficial to the town? Do you believe he's scum?

Oh sut up Mr. confirmed townie. You think your all cool and stuff all confirmed and stuff. Truth is your one step up form a ****ing hamster, now get back on your wheel and I;ll kick your cage the next time I want to hear from you.

It is true that Watcher/Tracker are listed as pro-town roles.

Link

That said, they can be associated with 3rd party or scum.

The pressing question is, why outing CTM is beneficial to the town? Do you believe he's scum?

He has already said he thinks CTM is scum.

Archived