Jets 2010 draft: waiting for value

bitonti

right now the Jets plan is simple - sit at 29 and wait for someone to fall

someone who is a name... that people recognize. This thing is gonna be on prime time tv we dont want another "who?!" incident such as Kyle Brady or Bryan Thomas.

these are the "short list" of 11 names... that I personally hope they come away with... in the order of my preference as a Jets fan.

most will be gone... but my guess is one or more will be on the board at 29:

LB Brandon Graham, Michigan

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

OC Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno St

LB Jerry Hughes, Texas Christian

WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma St

S Taylor Mays, Southern Cal

DE Everson Griffen, Southern Cal

DT Terrence Cody, Alabama

im no math wizard but lets say 10 of these guys are gone... the Jets need only other 18 players to be selected... for just 1 of these to drop. P

im not gonna rattle off all the possibilities but with Bradford, Suh, McCoy, berry thats 4, plus all the offensive tackles, cornerbacks, d-ends, dan williams, odrick, Clausen... Pretty safe bet someone good will be there. If some joker takes Bruce Campbell, Tebow, other WR, then maybe 2 or 3 of those names are there out of the 11.

at least that's my hope. I'd be disappointed if they traded out of the round or took the 6th best cornerback.

happy draft drafties, it's almost here :character0293:

someone who is a name... that people recognize. This thing is gonna be on prime time tv we dont want another "who?!" incident such as Kyle Brady or Bryan Thomas.

these are the "short list" of 11 names... that I personally hope they come away with... in the order of my preference as a Jets fan.

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

im no math wizard but lets say 10 of these guys are gone... the Jets need only other 18 players to be selected... for just 1 of these to drop. P

im not gonna rattle off all the possibilities but with Bradford, Suh, McCoy, berry thats 4, plus all the offensive tackles, cornerbacks, d-ends, dan williams, odrick, Clausen... Pretty safe bet someone good will be there. If some joker takes Bruce Campbell, Tebow, other WR, then maybe 2 or 3 of those names are there out of the 11.

at least that's my hope. I'd be disappointed if they traded out of the round or took the 6th best cornerback.

This post and so many of your other posts these last few weeks/months have really enhanced the predraft experience for me. Thanks :) Here's hoping you are right about Graham, etc.

Nice list...I'd be happy with most...especially the LBs to get the QB. McCourty really makes our team stronger...competes against Lowery in the nickel plus makes a strong contribution to special teams...

Have doubt on Cody and Mays but could see Rex moving in their direction.

Don't think we nibble on Bryant or Pouncey should one or both fall. WR looks set for a run oriented team and the center position is set with Mangold...

Any thoughts on Vladmir Ducasse? Do you think he's player the Jets would consider at 61?

Don't think we nibble on Bryant or Pouncey should one or both fall. WR looks set for a run oriented team and the center position is set with Mangold...

Any thoughts on Vladmir Ducasse? Do you think he's player the Jets would consider at 61?

edwards is not consistent, holmes is suspended for 4 games, dez bryant could be useful early.

mangold isn't signed... moore can be upgraded... if the rumors are to be believed Faneca isn't here much longer... even if he's here maybe a year or 2 max... pouncey can be a good guard... maybe even a good tackle.

im not saying they are ideal picks... but they are value...

what I want to avoid is the scenario where 1 or 2 draft geeks are happy but everyone else says it's a reach.

as for Vlad he's big but pretty much a guard at this point. 61 is about his value. liability in pass protect

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

Red = do not want

Blue = I'd be very surprised

Lime = I could live with it

Jet Green = this is the guy I want

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

I miss the old days when you could always count on the Cards to do just that. :P

just want to bump and say this is the list im watching tonight!

Our pick is at least as likely to be one of Jackson, Best, and Odrick as it is to be someone off your list. And that's spotting you eight guesses including my chalk pick.

Our pick is at least as likely to be one of Jackson, Best, and Odrick as it is to be someone off your list. And that's spotting you eight guesses including my chalk pick.

best - not likely due to concussions

odrick - i dont think will be there... kindle either... but if they were there... could very well be the pick.

kareem jackson - meh. I wouldn't be that thrilled. He's like a slower Justin Miller.

best - not likely due to concussions

odrick - i dont think will be there... kindle either... but if they were there... could very well be the pick.

kareem jackson - meh. I wouldn't be that thrilled. He's like a slower Justin Miller.

Can we stipulate that I could produce a glib one-liner on each of your choices if I were inclined to waste everybody's time?

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

OG Mike Iupati, Idaho

LB Sergio Kindle, Texas

DE Linval Joseph, East Carolina

I'd be ecstatic with ANY of those. Notably, Linval is more because I'm being a homer though. If Iupati is there at 29 (and we are still, obviously) -- I think he's the pick, regardless of who else is on board.

Be happy with either of them. Don't really think we need Dez this year, but geez...it'd be hard to pass on that talent. Pouncey looks GREAT, but I feel like with Mangold we'd be wasting his natural skill at Center.

Archived