Alan Faneca Waived: MERGED

NJ

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. The last time that Tanny ****ed with the LG we wound up with Adrien Clarke and Jacob Bender, and we all remember how well that ended.

Wonderful, remember he was a "mauler" and a "project" too. ****!!

The fact that he made the pro bowl last year makes the whole thing a joke! Who are you kidding???

Right so if Sanchez has better protection now, it equals NOTHING.

Who pays $7.5 million for depth?

Give me a break!

There's no evidence that this makes the team better. So what exactly are you excited about? You're excited that the Jets are saving 7.5m in an uncapped year? Why?

There's no evidence that this makes the team better. So what exactly are you excited about? You're excited that the Jets are saving 7.5m in an uncapped year? Why?

What is your evidence that Kyle Wilson makes the team better?

Antonio Cromartie?

Brodney Pool?

Ladanian Tomlinson?

Santonio Holmes?

Maybe this is a Moore like move?

We were all freaking out about Moore being gone... and then he came right back.

I hope so. And there is no reason for Faneca to not accept a pay cut as NO ONE is going to give him his old salary.

I think this move just sucks, really takes some of the shine off of a great off season. Personally, I think this means the Jets are having some money troubles. The new stadium cost twice the initial estimate. That has to result in some pain for Woody eventually.

I hope so. And there is no reason for Faneca to not accept a pay cut as NO ONE is going to give him his old salary.

I think this move just sucks, really takes some of the shine off of a great off season. Personally, I think this means the Jets are having some money troubles. The new stadium cost twice the initial estimate. That has to result in some pain for Woody eventually.

Even if they're cost cutting, the Jets are NOT having money troubles.

Antonio Cromartie?

Brodney Pool?

Ladanian Tomlinson?

Santonio Holmes?

First of all, LT doesn't make the team better. He fills a hole in the roster. And he does so poorly.

Santonio, Brodney, Antonio... the jury is out. I think there is potential, no guarantee.

The difference is that I wasn't talking about adding free agents, I was talking about releasing a damn fine player on a well-oiled machine that made us the #1 rushing team in the league.

So, for example when we go out and draft Vlad, he doesn't necessarily have to step up to help our team. Basically what we did is add a need just to replace it with a potential. But there was no reason to add that need and no reason to have to rely on that potential.

I'm excited because one of the teams biggest liabilities is gone!

You can burry your head in the sand about fanny all you want, but the facts were he was awful and a weak link.

I'm excited because one of the teams biggest liabilities is gone!

You can burry your head in the sand about fanny all you want, but the facts were he was awful and a weak link.

And Adrien Clarke was a liability too, but as terrible as he was if it was only me or him for that spot, then I'd want him to win it.

In other words, just because you get rid of someone on the downside of his career doesn't automatically make his rookie replacement any better right off the bat.

Antonio Cromartie?

Brodney Pool?

Ladanian Tomlinson?

Santonio Holmes?

I would like to enter the game tape from the AFC Championship game as evidence that Wilson makes this team better. I took the liberty of marking the tape, "Addition by Subtraction".

First of all, LT doesn't make the team better. He fills a hole in the roster. And he does so poorly.

Santonio, Brodney, Antonio... the jury is out. I think there is potential, no guarantee.

The difference is that I wasn't talking about adding free agents, I was talking about releasing a damn fine player on a well-oiled machine that made us the #1 rushing team in the league.

So, for example when we go out and draft Vlad, he doesn't necessarily have to step up to help our team. Basically what we did is add a need just to replace it with a potential. But there was no reason to add that need and no reason to have to rely on that potential.

Faneca was the worst O-guard in the league!

He gave up more sacks than any other in less attempts than any other at a rate of $7.5mill a year.

And you think there was no need to get that kind of crap off the team.

:rl:

Faneca was the worst O-guard in the league!

He gave up more sacks than any other in less attempts than any other at a rate of $7.5mill a year.

And you think there was no need to get that kind of crap off the team.

:rl:

Faneca also helped blocked for a pretty good rushing offense. That is part of the equation as well.

And Adrien Clarke was a liability too, but as terrible as he was if it was only me or him for that spot, then I'd want him to win it.

In other words, just because you get rid of someone on the downside of his career doesn't automatically make his rookie replacement any better right off the bat.

How many times are you going to ignore the fact that we have 2 other guards besides the rookie?

I trust REX and Callahan know what they are doing, but obviously you know better.

How many times are you going to ignore the fact that we have 2 other guards besides the rookie?

I trust REX and Callahan know what they are doing, but obviously you know better.

I hope this works out and is more than just a cost cutting move from Woody. No way to know for sure...but this one seems to be about money right now. Otherwise they would cut him later.

And your evaluation of Hunter, Slausen, and Turner as incapable starters is based on?

I'm not saying this was a great move, but, as you said about other moves, the jury is still out. Faneca is not the 'damn fine' player but an above average run blocker and a below average pass blocker who's another year older. He's not worth what we're paying him, and that cost isn't necessarily relevant in dollars, but rather, in that it prevents a younger player from stepping into the LG role and developing into a capable starter for years to come.

Jets fans need to stop acting like it's Super Bowl or Bust this year. This team could be around a while, and with that, I trust that if the FO believes that we can do as well with a young OG (yes, we're still talking about OGs here) as with a 35 year old on the last year of his deal, then that's absolutely the direction we should go.

Espn bottom line is reporting that Faneca has indeed been cut but then in quotes from Mike T it says "Alan is on our team"

your thoughts???

If M Mehta broke this and it turns out to be not true, there is no way ESPN NY will ever take him. He will be stuck at the Star Ledger forever.

Faneca also helped blocked for a pretty good rushing offense. That is part of the equation as well.
Yes and that too was declining!

We are going to be passing more this year, I'm sorry but keeping faneca at Sanchez's protections expense would be stupid.

Oh and Vlady is not going to have any problem run blocking, so that part of the equation is moot.

I hope this works out and is more than just a cost cutting move from Woody. No way to know for sure...but this one seems to be about money right now. Otherwise they would cut him later.
Right even if there was some kind of locker room rif the mighty max at jetnation was not privy to. ;)

Yes and that too was declining!

We are going to be passing more this year, I'm sorry but keeping faneca at Sanchez's protections expense would be stupid.

Oh and Vlady is not going to have any problem run blocking, so that part of the equation is moot.

Saying that a rookie 2nd round pick is not going to have "any problem" is a bigger assumption than I am comfortable with. Sometimes draft picks don't work out.

It is an uncapped year. What is the big rush to cut Faneca? How about the positive influence that he brings? How about the message it sends to other players on the team?

The Jets are on the verge of something good. Cutting Faneca today makes no sense to me.

Cost cutting move in an uncapped year. But hey now Sanchez can be the vocal leader on offense. Holmes will be showing his penis in the offensive huddle. Shouldn't be too hard to manage, lol.

Yes. But that same rushing offense had the most rushing attempts in the NFL last year, by 82 carries. That brings things down to earth for me a bit.

Saying that a rookie 2nd round pick is not going to have "any problem" is a bigger assumption than I am comfortable with. Sometimes draft picks don't work out.

It is an uncapped year. What is the big rush to cut Faneca? How about the positive influence that he brings? How about the message it sends to other players on the team?

The Jets are on the verge of something good. Cutting Faneca today makes no sense to me.

Cost cutting move in an uncapped year. But hey now Sanchez can be the vocal leader on offense. Holmes will be showing his penis in the offensive huddle. Shouldn't be too hard to manage, lol.

Wow, a little bit too much info there bud.

Yes. But that same rushing offense had the most rushing attempts in the NFL last year, by 82 carries. That brings things down to earth for me a bit.

I am not biting. That was pretty good though. :-P

I said he won't have any problems run blocking, way to blanket it out though.

Look I don't like the timing either, but that don't make fanecas liabilities on the field go away.

I would prefer they kept him through camp and then cut him too, but again I trust there is a reason we don't know about as to why they did it now.

Woody is paying $5mill to cut this guy, which is going to save us an extra $1.6mill off next years cap.

It does not sound like a such a cost saving move to me.

Archived