LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

Brett, I wish I could make up my mind about you. One minute you look good, and then you say something that makes me wonder. I honestly don't know, and by d6, I should. *sigh* Which is part of why I said what I said. There are two of you I need to decide on and following through with the vote on Slats by the end of the day would help me decide.

I'm off to the grocery store. Maybe the time in the car will do me good.

I just want to say this, too. I play hardball at endgame sometimes. It doesn't mean I don't love you all. You're an awesome bunch of guys. Really. But if you're scum I will try to take you down, and I'm sure that sentiment is fully returned. ;-)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brett, I wish I could make up my mind about you. One minute you look good, and then you say something that makes me wonder. I honestly don't know, and by d6, I should. *sigh* Which is part of why I said what I said. There are two of you I need to decide on and following through with the vote on Slats by the end of the day would help me decide.

I just want to say this, too. I play hardball at endgame sometimes. It doesn't mean I don't love you all. You're an awesome bunch of guys. Really. But if you're scum I will try to take you down, and I'm sure that sentiment is fully returned. ;-)

Lily, I ALWAYS look good ;)

I completely agree with what you are saying on Slats, about whether people will follow through voting him. And I was looking for that to. So Ill say for the record that I oppose his lynch today and won't be voting for him, I think Hess is the better play.

I completely agree with what you are saying on Slats, about whether people will follow through voting him. And I was looking for that to. So Ill say for the record that I oppose his lynch today and won't be voting for him, I think Hess is the better play.

That is to say, TODAY

Pending night results, I would like to pursue Slats tm.

Ok. But all I've been doing is trying to hunt scum. The fact that Lily had two powers and a conversion role that nobody has ever heard of with one conversion is why I was on her ass the last two days. I think I've done a good job stating the facts on my reasoning...to the point people want to lynch me.

But if you guys believe her so much than why aren't you lynching slats? She has proven in her investigation that he was visited the MIB. So as conversion checker that clearly shows he is scum.

The reason I wasn't voting him was because I didn't believe Lily's claim.But you obviously do so what are you waiting for? This makes no sense.

Exactly!!! This is why I've been on your ass the last two days.

brett, if Lily is being honest, HE IS CONFIRMED SCUM. WTF?

We have a lot in common. ;-)

See where my problem is? You agree and disagree with me in the same sentence. *sigh* And they say women are confusing! :P

My grocery list is made. Gotta roll......

Actually, I need to step back and let all this roll around in my brain while it's thinking about something else. I'm glad we aren't rushing this. This lynch matters. It could be our last.

We have a lot in common. ;-)

See where my problem is? You agree and disagree with me in the same sentence. *sigh* And they say women are confusing! :P

My grocery list is made. Gotta roll......

Actually, I need to step back and let all this roll around in my brain while it's thinking about something else. I'm glad we aren't rushing this. This lynch matters. It could be our last.

Huh? What are you talking about? It could be our last?

Lily even admitted that she isn't sure if a positive confirmation on the visit means that it was a conversion.

There could be other reasons the MiB is visiting people... don't you think?

No! I don't! Why the **** do you think I've been on Lily's ass the last two days.

No! I don't! Why the **** do you think I've been on Lily's ass the last two days.

Well I'll give you 2 that came off the top of my head, but they could be wrong so feel free to shoot them down, I would actually consider it a favor.

1) Slats hasn't been able to answer Sharrows question as to if he was bulletproof. Maybe he WAS visited by the MiB and survived, but left that out of his claim-essay

2) It said in this last death scene that the MiB said "Found you, brother".. then Crusher died. So maybe the MiB was looking for Crushers character this whole time.. and checked Slats one night.

Agree. Lily, I don't think we are at mislynch and lose with 8 people in the game, right?

I have GOT to tear myself away from this game!

Run the numbers. There are 2 scum teams, or at least that's the best explanation I've got for what happened last night. Say they had 3 members each. 3 total are dead. That leaves 3 of them, 5 of us. We lynch a townie, they nk a townie, and that's 3 and 3.....

Oh, crap. I'm leaving out the "two teams" part. Never mind...:oops: Hey, it made sense before I started writing it down...

Well I'll give you 2 that came off the top of my head, but they could be wrong so feel free to shoot them down, I would actually consider it a favor.

1) Slats hasn't been able to answer Sharrows question as to if he was bulletproof. Maybe he WAS visited by the MiB and survived, but left that out of his claim-essay

2) It said in this last death scene that the MiB said "Found you, brother".. then Crusher died. So maybe the MiB was looking for Crushers character this whole time.. and checked Slats one night.

1) So slats was bulletproof too? The night he was visited we already had a townie NK'ed. What else could the MIB do besides NK or convert?

2) And then what? The game would already be over than. Again, Vic's opening scene. MIB wants to kill everyone to get of this island.

I have GOT to tear myself away from this game!

Run the numbers. There are 2 scum teams, or at least that's the best explanation I've got for what happened last night. Say they had 3 members each. 3 total are dead. That leaves 3 of them, 5 of us. We lynch a townie, they nk a townie, and that's 3 and 3.....

Oh, crap. I'm leaving out the "two teams" part. Never mind...:oops: Hey, it made sense before I started writing it down...

There is NO FREAKING way Vic started the game with 6 scum while 4 of the town were basically useless lovers.

GO TO THE STORE, LILY!

Just one more thing, really. My role specifically says he visits them for conversion attempts. Hess, don't jump on the wording, okay? I just wanted to clear that up on my way out.

1) So slats was bulletproof too? The night he was visited we already had a townie NK'ed. What else could the MIB do besides NK or convert?

2) And then what? The game would already be over than. Again, Vic's opening scene. MIB wants to kill everyone to get of this island.

How do you know which night he was visited?

How do you know which night he was visited?

Good point, but my thoughts were when she investigated them it would show what happend that night only. That's usually how Night actions work, no? If I'm a tracker which I was last game Mod only shows me what happened that night.

Good point, but my thoughts were when she investigated them it would show what happend that night only. That's usually how Night actions work, no? If I'm a tracker which I was last game Mod only shows me what happened that night.

This makes no sense. So you thought that the MiB visited Slats last night WHILE Lily visited Slats, leading to Slats' conversion even though the only conversion was days ago?

I think you slipped up Hess.

And how do you know it was at night? The only conversion we've had was during the day...

I don't know. Convenient that nobody's ever hear of this role before. Makes it awfully hard to understand. But whenever her investigation happens I doubt it would show for the whole game. This is what makes her freaking role less believable imo.

This makes no sense. So you thought that the MiB visited Slats last night WHILE Lily visited Slats, leading to Slats' conversion even though the only conversion was days ago?

I think you slipped up Hess.

Dude, she stated that slats was visited by the MIB last night the day after a townie was already NK'ed but there was no conversion.

In other news, I have interesting results for you. I investigated Slats last night. He WAS visited by the MiB. This doesn't mean he was converted. It could have failed, but he was definitely tried. I think what Vic had in mind with this role is that the cop would pick up the ball from here. Now, we have to go with our judgment. I'll leave it in the town's (and scum's) hands to decide what to do with this.

So does this role have a day action with the mod to get last nights results? Whatever, She investigated slats the night MIB NKs Jacob. No conversion took place because Mod would have confirmed. And slats is still alive.

There is no way she gets one investigation (whether it night or day) AND the results show for the entire game.

Lily even admitted that she isn't sure if a positive confirmation on the visit means that it was a conversion.

There could be other reasons the MiB is visiting people... don't you think?

This is my last post and them i'm out for the night. So we have a Conversion Checker that doesn't get confimation whether the person she investigates was actually converted or not...in a game with 10 dead and only one conversion...with a role that nobody has ever heard of before?

Ok. Great. I feel like I'm on another planet right now. You guys can do what you want.

Oh, I forgot to add, "thanks for the compliment, scum!"

But here's the reveal of my useless piece of crap role. Are you ready? Good.

I'm Batman.

Isn't that awesome?

Just kidding, though. I'm the Vigilante. The most useless vigilante one of these games may have ever seen. But it was that Batman claim from JiF that made me think for sure he was scum, because I thought he was trying to intimate that he was the vig. On top of his really shady play to that point, that was enough for me.

At night, I holstered nights 1 & 2. Had no firm ideas.

By night three, I felt our numbers were good and I could take a chance on the player I thought was scummiest to that point: Lily. I shot your vest off, Love. Sorry. It was that vest that made me trust her a little bit, even though the claim was weak as sh!t.

The following day, still feeling iffy on her but not sure, but with her gaining a lot of votes, DPR is pushing his non-existent case on shutout in an attempt (I thought) to draw attention away from Lily. I thought, could scum have a vest? I became as certain as I possibly could be that DPR, Lily, and Sharrow -who was following like a complaining puppy dog- were a team. I jumped on there just to get to night phase so I could shoot at DPR when shutout flipped town.

And I did exactly that. I had visions of the Mafia Day Parade that was going to be thrown for me as I single-handedly took down the entire MiB operation. But I failed. I guess Nae was protecting him - which I thought was completely insane because he was so obviously scum!

So next day, when the town was speed lynching DPR, I happily jumped on board when I saw the rest of the town saw exactly what I did, and we could start getting to the end of this game already. DPR would flip scum, and we could take out Sharrow and Lily the next two days and win.

I was completely and totally shocked when he flipped town. What cop considers giving the town false investigation results? I mean, seriously!

As for JVoR, I wish I could take credit for that but I was role-blocked last night. I didn't shoot at him, anyway. I have absolutely sucked this entire game, and my role sucks, too. Thanks again, Vic! All I can guess with that is that this Others team can kill MiB when they interact. But it wasn't me.

<snip>

Been at a kiddie bday party all day, need to do a few things in a bit but will be back later..

fwiw.. I don't buy this at all. I can't believe we have 3 NK'ing entities in a game where there's been a limited amount of NK's up till this past night. Just doesnt make sense. It also doesn't make sense how Slats misread Lily's post and quickly voted her. I think smashmouth is right, he was hoping he'd come back on to find lily lynched.

Also doesn't make sense to me that an innocent Slats would've shot Lily at that point, although it's possible.

Additionally, I don't understand the bolded. Why are you sarcastically thanking vic for a role you claim is a standard vig? makes no sense, particularly since you pounded your chest earlier about your great success with that very same role just last game.

I'm tempted to take you up on your offer and prove my bonafides but frankly you are by far the most scummy thing going, and anytime we've encountered a player who begged to get to the night phase it was for neferarious reasons (like doggin in the Star Wars game). I'm happy to stick my neck out at this point and self vote tomorrow if you are actually an innocent vig

I'm pretty convinced you are jvor's killer (thanks btw), and that you shot Lily not as vig, but as scum.

vote Slats

I think Hess is the choice today and Slats tm, here is the reasoning--

Lynch Hess today, hes coached, and his argument reeks of CTM/Slats

Now when Slats gets lynched tomorrow, after taking a shot at CTM... it tells us a lot

If slats comes up Vig

1) Hes telling the truth on CTM

2) Hes telling the truth about shooting your best off

If he comes up Scum

1) Why would he lie about shooting your vest off?

2) Is he trying to clear CTM?

I think this is a really winnable play for Town.

Hey.. look, another guy who suddenly woke up..

You're doing the same thing as i am, but accusing me as scum because of it.

fwiw.. I'm uncomfortable with you trying to lead the town anywhere. You've been a part of every shady train so far and I honestly think you slipped up early in the game.

Smash, I'm honestly willing to vote anybody at this point, except you and Brett. Okay, and Hess. :P And Slats really tops my list, thanks to the points you brought up.

vote Slats

But I did promise Slats that we wouldn't hammer him while he's away, so if it gets to L-1 I will unvote if he's not back.

So since Slats came back and basicly Sh!t the bed will you still be unvoting at L-1 ?

Been at a kiddie bday party all day, need to do a few things in a bit but will be back later..

fwiw.. I don't buy this at all. I can't believe we have 3 NK'ing entities in a game where there's been a limited amount of NK's up till this past night. Just doesnt make sense. It also doesn't make sense how Slats misread Lily's post and quickly voted her. I think smashmouth is right, he was hoping he'd come back on to find lily lynched.

Also doesn't make sense to me that an innocent Slats would've shot Lily at that point, although it's possible.

Additionally, I don't understand the bolded. Why are you sarcastically thanking vic for a role you claim is a standard vig? makes no sense, particularly since you pounded your chest earlier about your great success with that very same role just last game.

I'm tempted to take you up on your offer and prove my bonafides but frankly you are by far the most scummy thing going, and anytime we've encountered a player who begged to get to the night phase it was for neferarious reasons (like doggin in the Star Wars game). I'm happy to stick my neck out at this point and self vote tomorrow if you are actually an innocent vig

I'm pretty convinced you are jvor's killer (thanks btw), and that you shot Lily not as vig, but as scum.

vote Slats

Tell me how many times can you vote :rim:

Here's the deal my wife wants to go to bed anyway, she is running a half marathon tomorrow and I am completely addicted to this game right now. So no movie night. It's me on the couch watching tv and playing this game. Yes I'm a loser. I just put the kids to sleep and I am drinking some Lagavulin. Yes, I'm a loser and I'm here.

I'm letting it all hang out but I'm being dead honest:

Personally I would like to lynch Lily today and slats tomorrow to check CTM. I also really wish AVM and slats himself were around to chime in. I'm glad CTM seems to be back. I will say this, I do not feel absolutely certain about any particular person as ABSOLUTE scum. Just that Lily and slats are on top of my list. I'm prepared to vote slats but I really just want to here from him...and avm first. This is out of fairness to the game. I don't want get this far and speed lynch the wrong person without everyone involved.

So pending on the volume of posts I am here and will check as my laptop is just sitting on the arm of my couch tonight.

Dude, she stated that slats was visited by the MIB last night the day after a townie was already NK'ed but there was no conversion.

My take is that he view would be apply to visists on previous nights days, i think if we lynch slats and he's clean, we take a hard look at lily.

Here's the deal my wife wants to go to bed anyway, she is running a half marathon tomorrow and I am completely addicted to this game right now. So no movie night. It's me on the couch watching tv and playing this game. Yes I'm a loser. I just put the kids to sleep and I am drinking some Lagavulin. Yes, I'm a loser and I'm here.

Personally I would like to lynch Lily today and slats tomorrow to check CTM. I also really wish AVM and slats himself were around to chime in. I'm glad CTM seems to be back. I will say this, I do not feel absolutely certain about any particular person as ABSOLUTE scum. Just that Lily and slats are on top of my list. I'm prepared to vote slats but I really just want to here from him...and avm first. This is out of fairness to the game. I don't want get this far and speed lynch the wrong person without everyone involved.

So pending on the volume of posts I am here and will check as my laptop is just sitting on the arm of my couch tonight.

I honestly don't want him to see the night. Everytime someone plays this card it's cause they are out to do evil at night. AS I said, I'll self vote tomorrow if he''s not scum and won't even bother defending.. I'm that confidant

Hess I understand you dont want to vote and hammer Slats but I think all that needs to be said was pretty much said. Slats wrote 2 very long posts explaining his situation Im not sure you can get more info than that since it was his first reaction.

Go back a re read mine and slats back and forth see what you think. Keep in mind good players do not vote out non contested power roles and certainly not 2 in a row like Slats wants to do. This is a funny game Hess, sometimes the person your so damn sure is scum turns out to be innocent and vice versa.

I think townies play scummy sometimes to avoid a NK . They figure if they looks scummy the real scum will use that to their advantage. I do it as well sometimes but it is risky.

Archived