LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

Boy, did I call that wrong! I was SURE that killing me was in everyone else's win conditions.

Great game, guys. Very well, played. I'm still not sure that I completely understand what all happened, but it was an awful lot of fun.

Slats, you should have taken that bet. ;-)

Brett, I totally had you pegged as town! Nice playing. I'll be watching you in the future.

Hess, I don't know what to say. Sorry for being so rough on you. To be honest, I've never played that aggressively before.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett was awesome. CTM agreeing to the no lynch had me changing my mind, but Brett was steadfast.

Excellent call, man!

Hess was also awesome. For a while, I thought he an Lily were purposely going at it as teammates to save one of them. He kept harrassing her, but not voting her. Like me. :P

Thank god!

This was incredibly frustrating to watch knowing everyones roles/objectives. Smash and Hess were right on with Lily but slats, crush, and Brett couldn't join you because of their objectives -- otherwise she was probably dead 3 days ago.

My favorite moment of the game was when CTM dies ... right before they lose. :)

Boy, did I call that wrong! I was SURE that killing me was in everyone else's win conditions.

Great game, guys. Very well, played. I'm still not sure that I completely understand what all happened, but it was an awful lot of fun.

Brett, I totally had you pegged as town! Nice playing. I'll be watching you in the future.

Hess, I don't know what to say. Sorry for being so rough on you. To be honest, I've never played that aggressively before.

Well the Others had to capture you lily. But they could only do that once all your people were dead. Once they killed CTM, Brett submitted the night action to "capture Lily" and with everyone of your people dead, the protector of the island alive, you were essentially dead.

The Man in Black in the show is supposed to be forced to stay on the island in confinement forever. So that's why capturing you was the Others win condition.

So does the others winning = town wins?

Yes, in a way. Their win condition was to kill off all the mafia. They nearly did it but the fact that Lily is still alive and captured means that they do win, in a way. I ideally hate the "everyones a winner" idea, so from my perspective the Others won the game.

I was going to counter with, "How about if you're the MiB you wear the avatar of my choosing?" :mrgreen:

But honestly, I don't like those bets and don't initiate or accept them. I think they run counter to the spirit of the game. I'm lying in the thread because that's my role, like a good 50% of the participants.

Brett was awesome. CTM agreeing to the no lynch had me changing my mind, but Brett was steadfast.

Excellent call, man!

Hess was also awesome. For a while, I thought he an Lily were purposely going at it as teammates to save one of them. He kept harrassing her, but not voting her. Like me. :P

Hess is SUCH a problem for mafia.

Whenever I'm scum I LOOOOVE to manipulate people who listen to reason. Present them something reasonable, the follow. Guys like Hess though, are so unpredictable they could tell to eff off and die and have some ass backwards logic as to why and yet, he's right and has it figured out.

Yes, in a way. Their win condition was to kill off all the mafia. They nearly did it but the fact that Lily is still alive and captured means that they do win, in a way. I ideally hate the "everyones a winner" idea, so from my perspective the Others won the game.

That's BS, Vicious.

The Others won.

The Lostees & MiB Army lost.

The Lostees can only win when all MiB are dead. The MiB is still alive.

The Others win when they capture the MiB. They were successful.

The MiB Army wins when they outnumber town and protector is dead. That didn't happen.

Hess is SUCH a problem for mafia.

Whenever I'm scum I LOOOOVE to manipulate people who listen to reason. Present them something reasonable, the follow. Guys like Hess though, are so unpredictable they could tell to eff off and die and have some ass backwards logic as to why and yet, he's right and has it figured out.

Hess saying "I'm done I feel like I'm on another planet" was my quote of the game. He was so right but none of us could lynch lily. I felt so bad for him but atleast now he'll see how right he was

That's BS, Vicious.

The Others won.

The Lostees & MiB Army lost.

The Lostees can only win when all MiB are dead. The MiB is still alive.

The Others win when they capture the MiB. They were successful.

The MiB Army wins when they outnumber town and protector is dead. That didn't happen.

That's what I'm basically saying bro, that you can look at it that the Lostees "won" but in my mind, it's the Others that won.

They met their win condition.

We need a curtain call by DPR.. I don't think I've ever seen a player more wrong about every single decision.. ever. He was so bad he was GREAT!

Very entertaining game Vic! Usually if I die I'll only check on the game from time to time but this one had me following throughout.

We need a curtain call by DPR.. I don't think I've ever seen a player more wrong about every single decision.. ever. He was so bad he was GREAT!

Very entertaining game Vic! Usually if I die I'll only check on the game from time to time but this one had me following throughout.

Thanks I appreciate it. As a fan of the show did you like the roles or see where I was drawing from the show?

I agree. The DPR play was actually a HUGE moment in the game. It basically took the town out of it.

Dprs claim that lily was inn because smc was scum was one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

Dprs claim that lily was inn because smc was scum was one of the worst arguments I've ever heard.

+1000

Seriously, Brett. What? I can't be a good teammate?

But, heck, DPR was like having a 5th member of the MiB team.

Absolutely Vic, outstanding game!

And DPR, I don't know what to say. We were 100% certain that he was scum. From our perspective, we already knew that Lily was the MiB when DPR was saying that she absolutely could not be scum. And I know shutout's play pretty well, and he was obviously town to me as well.

When he said that he considered lying to the town about his result on shutout? Who does that?

Just, wow.

Thanks I appreciate it. As a fan of the show did you like the roles or see where I was drawing from the show?

I agree. The DPR play was actually a HUGE moment in the game. It basically took the town out of it.

Brett, Slats & Crusher ... if it's any consolation about that oops reveal by Vicious, we (the MiB team) were convinced that Crusher was Jacob before DPR said anything.

DPR merely confirmed it for us.

why was jacob the godfather?

Because they were a separate scum team, similar to your "All in the Family" game.

Jacob and the MiB (brothers) were both godfathers.

It was 3 players per team, with 2 roled and another the godfather.

Brett, Slats & Crusher ... if it's any consolation about that oops reveal by Vicious, we (the MiB team) were convinced that Crusher was Jacob before DPR said anything.

This. I tried to get the big guy killed for like 3 night phases but the town kept presenting problems that needed to be addressed sooner. We were convinced Nae was the vig the night the others shot Lily.

Amazing setup, Vicious.

This was fun to play, even though I've been dead for a week. LOL.

And welcome to JN mafia, DPR. You've played 3 games and have been pivotal in your side's 3 losses. You're a great guy, though, and welcomed addition here.

It's killing me. And again in this one, there were some things that I did fairly well - as finder, I chose 2 mafia and one "not a lostee" out of four nights, which ain't bad. But my other plays are all just biting me in the a$$, and I was totally blind to half of the mafia players. I asked Vic why he thought the techniques I was using didn't work and he said "because you're a dick."

Just kidding. But he did give a little friendly advice, and I appreciated that very much. Then he threw me under the bus. meh

Cheers to Lily as the MIB, and to JVoR, who was the farthest from my radar out of everyone.

Is it cool to put up a PREDATOR sign up thread, or is anyone else in line to run first?

Did you know you had to rb slats to kill him or was that luck?

And ctm... Others appeared as not town... But crusher and eventually me appeared as town.. Hence, gf

Did you know we were out there?

I thought we were completely in the shadows until Crush got whacked.

Good call on the role block that night, btw. I thought I had Crush protected.

It's killing me. And again in this one, there were some things that I did fairly well - as finder, I chose 2 mafia and one "not a lostee" out of four nights, which ain't bad. But my other plays are all just biting me in the a$$, and I was totally blind to half of the mafia players. I asked Vic why he thought the techniques I was using didn't work and he said "because you're a dick."

Just kidding. But he did give a little friendly advice, and I appreciated that very much. Then he threw me under the bus. meh

Cheers to Lily as the MIB, and to JVoR, who was the farthest from my radar out of everyone.

Is it cool to put up a PREDATOR sign up thread, or is anyone else in line to run first?

Hey I apologized immediately. I could've lived with my **** up. It was the lying and blaming it on someone else that made me feel god ****ing awful.

I think you're cool guy and seriously could not have felt more awful.

Did you know we were out there?

I thought we were completely in the shadows until Crush got whacked.

Good call on the role block that night, btw. I thought I had Crush protected.

DING DING DING. We didn't know there was another team until Crusher got killed. Though we did know you had a mirror type ability since we tried to find out your name the second night and it got mirrored onto SMC. We were worried your mirroring abilities would be used on Crusher so we blocked you that night. When you guys did your 180 degree episode on Lily that day when it was her versus shutout I thought something was very odd.

You'd be happy to know I was very onto you though, Slats. :) I thought you were 3rd party from about day 3 or so.

Because they were a separate scum team, similar to your "All in the Family" game.

Jacob and the MiB (brothers) were both godfathers.

It was 3 players per team, with 2 roled and another the godfather.

SO they were a seperate scum team?

In any event.. good game everyone

DING DING DING. We didn't know there was another team until Crusher got killed. Though we did know you had a mirror type ability since we tried to find out your name the second night and it got mirrored onto SMC. We were worried your mirroring abilities would be used on Crusher so we blocked you that night. When you guys did your 180 degree episode on Lily that day when it was her versus shutout I thought something was very odd.

You'd be happy to know I was very onto you though, Slats. :) I thought you were 3rd party from about day 3 or so.

That's why I MVP'd you. I value instincts over anything else in this game and you were keyed in on a couple of them.

+1000

Seriously, Brett. What? I can't be a good teammate?

But, heck, DPR was like having a 5th member of the MiB team.

Absolutely Vic, outstanding game!

And DPR, I don't know what to say. We were 100% certain that he was scum. From our perspective, we already knew that Lily was the MiB when DPR was saying that she absolutely could not be scum. And I know shutout's play pretty well, and he was obviously town to me as well.

When he said that he considered lying to the town about his result on shutout? Who does that?

Just, wow.

This was me that entire day:

facepalm.jpg

One thing I couldn't say on thread was that I was trying to get recruited.

As cop, I was in the ultimate position to win - so I threw out a few things to try and make myself attractive to the mafia. I didn't pull it off that well, but that's what I was trying to do.

I think you're good to put it up by the way.

Archived