LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily, one more question and I swear I'll lay off. As you can see I don't have a vote on you but I am trying to understand your role and what happened in Vic's PM. He stated you were a Conversion Finder, you were totally cool with that, understood it and was ready to go. But than he forgot to tell you that you had a night vest too and then you got confused. If this 100% correct, (girl) scouts honor whathaveyou?

I am sorry I keep pushing on you but I'm still a little confused. I'm dumb.

First of all Slats Lily STATED and IMPLIED you were VISITED by the MIB . She also stated that thats all she knew. She NEVER said you were converted. As a matter of fact she said she still leans innocent on you.

Your vote on me is the biggest OMGUS vote yet.

I was trying to bait both you and CTM with Lily after DPR came up innocent. I did believe before hand him and Lily were in cahoots but when he came up Innocent I realized it would be a very very stupid play to take out Lily another claimed Investigator. Then you came right in And voted for Lily (yet another BAD ton play trying to vote off a claimed Investigator role) and stated you were going on some trip. I firmly believe you expected to come back and find Lily Dead on a fast lynch because so many suspected her before but your little Scum plan backfired on you.

You dont have to believe I was setting you up but I was and you fell right in by voting for the second claimed role on consecutive days. Thats as scummy as it gets.

Hess, I'll get to that in a sec.

As I mused on all this over the night (don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks through the game as they are falling asleep, etc.) some things started bothering me about Slats. It bothered me at the time, and I suppressed it. I stayed out of DPR's lynch because no matter how bad they are, you don't lynch your cop. I didn't figure anybody would listen to me, so I didn't bother to say so. Looking back, I should have, but then I likely wouldn't be here now, and DPR would still be dead.

I see Slats as a very conservative, play-it-safe kind of guy. I don't see him pushing as hard as he did for a cop lynch. It just doesn't fit with my vision of him. Maybe expressing his frustration, sure. Maybe suggesting it, but to push THAT hard? He was the major instigator in DPR's lynch. Here's a few quotes, but you all remember how hard he pushed, I'm sure. It was a bit of a risk, but one scum for one cop is always a good trade for the scum. I've done it myself.

I think you're full of crap, but let's see.

vote: shutout

Shutout, I think you're innocent, and I hope we lynch this Keystone Kop tomorrow.

I'm not sure what's up with Lily, but I definitely think you're dirty. If I thought the town as a whole had more balls, I'd push for your lynch right now.

If no one's willing to hammer shutout, is anyone willing to get on board with a DPR lynch? I guarantee it'll be fun!

I'm gonna get bored with this vote eventually.

Threatening me to get Shutout's lynch over with before the town figured you out? Then you could justify turning on DPR. What would have happened if Shutout had flipped scum, I wonder. Of course, at that point, only the Others knew that there was a second scum team, so it was a safe bet, or seemed to be.

I guarantee that's a true statement. I'm sure he talked it over with his teammates, but thought the best chance to live beyond tomorrow would be to just call it a hunch after all. What kind of cop would lie about an investigation - or even think about it?

vote: DPR

It's not too early, is it?

Cute. Funny. Subtle manipulation.

Two more points - I could swear Slats was the one who said something like "Even the doc won't protect him now" on DPR's final night. More subtle manipulation. I have no doubt that you tried for him, Slats. I just don't think you're a vig. I looked for the quote and couldn't find it, so maybe I'm wrong on who said that.

And, finally, the fact that he breadcrumbed his fake role claim by mentioning vig at all earlier reeks of scum to me. Remember, he was the one to suggest that there was a vig in the first place.

I am VERY comfortable with my vote. Much more so than when I made it. I also can't decide if he used the "please don't lynch me while I'm away" plea as a tactic to give us more time to find someone else to lynch. I'd like to think that's genuine.

Lily, one more question and I swear I'll lay off. As you can see I don't have a vote on you but I am trying to understand your role and what happened in Vic's PM. He stated you were a Conversion Finder, you were totally cool with that, understood it and was ready to go. But than he forgot to tell you that you had a night vest too and then you got confused. If this 100% correct, (girl) scouts honor whathaveyou?

I am sorry I keep pushing on you but I'm still a little confused. I'm dumb.

Sorry, hon. I had to get all that off my chest first. Yes, that's exactly what happened. The only thing that I didn't understand was what the word vest meant. It's not a term I'm familiar with.

Oh! You're asking why I grasped the role so easily. Because he outlined it well. In my experience, mods tend to give lots of details on the new things and gloss over the familiar, only to me "vest" wasn't familiar. Reminds me of the time I forgot to tell the mafia team they had a night kill. Isn't that assumed? lol (It wasn't. They asked.)

And let's take a page from Bewitched and go with "Witches' Honor." I like that image. Although I was a Scouter (adult leader) for BSA for years. ;-)

Sorry, hon. I had to get all that off my chest first. Yes, that's exactly what happened. The only thing that I didn't understand was what the word vest meant. It's not a term I'm familiar with.

Oh! You're asking why I grasped the role so easily. Because he outlined it well. In my experience, mods tend to give lots of details on the new things and gloss over the familiar, only to me "vest" wasn't familiar. Reminds me of the time I forgot to tell the mafia team they had a night kill. Isn't that assumed? lol (It wasn't. They asked.)

And let's take a page from Bewitched and go with "Witches' Honor." I like that image. Although I was a Scouter (adult leader) for BSA for years. ;-)

I hear you. This makes sense.

Ok you're gonna kill me and I'm sorry for this but just more quesetion please. How did you understand what a Conversion Finder was since you never heard of one before?

I hear you. This makes sense.

Ok you're gonna kill me and I'm sorry for this but just more quesetion please. How did you understand what a Conversion Finder was since you never heard of one before?

Because he explained the role in detail, which obviously I can't give you word for word. Not that it really matters, but the name he gave me was "Conversion Checker" not Finder.

Hess, I didn't mind the questions one bit. I minded you asking me to speculate yesterday. Asking for clarification is no problem.

So, can I do the same? Why are you voting for AVM? You gave us no reasons, just a vote.

Hess, I didn't mind the questions one bit. I minded you asking me to speculate yesterday. Asking for clarification is no problem.

So, can I do the same? Why are you voting for AVM? You gave us no reasons, just a vote.

He was doing a lot of laughing around early with JVOR. He's been distancing himself the entire game as scum do well. His late night post for the whatever 123 posting thing on conversion day. I think Scum would have been talking a lot that night...and his I stink at this game routine. He doesn't stink at this game.

I'm just going to say what I'm thinking here....

Hess, the way you seem to keep trying to trip me up is starting to reek. Between that and that unexplained vote, I'm beginning to think I may have been wrong about you. And no, this is not OMGUS. That's stupid this late in the game. It's that you're acting suspiciously. And I also don't think you're confused.

Trying to piss me off again to see if I'll slip up? Pfft! Good luck with that.

He was doing a lot of laughing around early with JVOR. He's been distancing himself the entire game as scum do well. His late night post for the whatever 123 posting thing on conversion day. I think Scum would have been talking a lot that night...and his I stink at this game routine. He doesn't stink at this game.

Thanks. I like reasons. :yes:

Why do I feel that is a trick question? I understood it as well as I needed to to fulfill it.

Because I guess it sort of is a trick question and I promise I won't ask anymore. I just wanted 100% confirmation that you completely understood what your role as, "Conversion Checker" meant. I will leave everybody with this. Decipher what you want of it.

Can someone define "conversion" for me, please? How does it differ from recruit? Recruiting is a concept I'm familar with.

People are using it interchangeably, so it means the same as recruit in the conventional sense.

A lostee is recruited by MIB and, thus, is converted from town to scum. Get it?

That's what I thought it meant. Sometimes the terminology can be confusing when it differs from DM or the mafia wiki.

Thanks, guys.

You ARE smarter than you're acting. I thought so. Either that or you're being coached.

That was for DPR's and Nae's benefit. As a power role, sometimes you do things to stay hidden. Or act dumber than you are. ;-) And, yes, I know scum does that too.

Case in point - DPR's behavior before his reveal. Nobody thought he could be the cop. Nobody would have tried to nk him. I use the same tricks he does.

Again, I'm just going to put my random thoughts out there....

I don't know you guys all that well. I have read the Star Wars game, and out of the Avatar game I got a feel for a few of you, so I could be way off base here. But..... given the reputations I've picked up, I really doubt anybody but Slats or Smash would have dug that little gem up. This reeks of you and Slats working together.

Oh, and take your time discussing how to respond. I don't mind. ;-)

Again, I'm just going to put my random thoughts out there....

I don't know you guys all that well. I have read the Star Wars game, and out of the Avatar game I got a feel for a few of you, so I could be way off base here. But..... given the reputations I've picked up, I really doubt anybody but Slats or Smash would have dug that little gem up. This reeks of you and Slats working together.

Oh, and take your time discussing how to respond. I don't mind. ;-)

I like this idea. Hess in black and either Slats or CTM converted, imo.

You ARE smarter than you're acting. I thought so. Either that or you're being coached.

That was for DPR's and Nae's benefit. As a power role, sometimes you do things to stay hidden. Or act dumber than you are. ;-) And, yes, I know scum does that too.

Case in point - DPR's behavior before his reveal. Nobody thought he could be the cop. Nobody would have tried to nk him. I use the same tricks he does.

Please explain. At that point you had no idea whether DPR or Nae was town or scum.

I haven't gotten a feel for CTM yet, but if you think he could have pulled that off, I could check him tonight.

What are you talking about? There was (1) ONE conversion this game. Your investigation already found the supposed converted. I'm very close to voting slats just to see.

But b/c it's Saturday and i don't think he would lie about spending the day with his son I plan on waiting until he gets back so he can at least chime in.

That was an incomplete answer. Let me spell it out a bit more.

It didn't matter what their alignment was. My interest on day one wasn't really discovering alignments. Yes, that would be nice, but how often does that really happen? My interest was in keeping my role hidden. I didn't know at that point if you guys would be expecting such a role or what. Just evasive manuevers. Nothing more.

See, I see being cop as very much like being scum. You find out who the scum are (they already know who the town is) and you try to lead the town in that direction without revealing yourself. Same thing the scum does in reverse. This role is a sort of cop-thing, so I played it that way.

Make sense now? Or did your team see another detail that you'd like to bring out?

Um..... they KNEW I wouldn't know the term. Obviously, Naeann challenged that, but I also didn't see that coming.

They knew you wouldn't know the term conversion? LOL, ok, Again, I've played 4 games (none were conversions) and I understood the term. I was one of the three that explained it to you.

What are you talking about? There was (1) ONE conversion this game. Your investigation already found the supposed converted. I'm very close to voting slats just to see.

But b/c it's Saturday and i don't think he would lie about spending the day with his son I plan on waiting until he gets back so he can at least chime in.

Make up your mind, dude. Either you're smart or you're dumb. Stop playing both ends. It's ridiculous!

I already explained this, more than once I'm sure. There may have been failed conversions. We don't know. Should I forego using my power because there was only one successful one? What about those nights that there were no kills, or only one kill? Could have been a failed attempt. Should I assume their wasn't and stop looking? How would you play it, Hess?

I said earlier I was leaning towards CTM or Hess. I still have a gut feeling about CTM... But WOW does Hess seem coached right now. I agree with Sharrow..

Unvote CTM

Vote Hess

I think Hess is a good play today. His posts and arguments seem exactly like what I saw Vic and Dan doing in Star Wars.. regurgitating arguments that others are making on QuickTopic.

I would like Slats to shoot at CTM tonight to prove this invincibility, and then hopefully tomorrow we can dive a little deeper into what is going on with Slats as vig-- if he even is one or not.

They knew you wouldn't know the term conversion? LOL, ok, Again, I've played 4 games (none were conversions) and I understood the term. I was one of the three that explained it to you.

LOL, Hess. Serously? Go look at the quotes of mine you quoted. The answer to that is in them.

This is getting incredibly stupid.

That was an incomplete answer. Let me spell it out a bit more.

It didn't matter what their alignment was. My interest on day one wasn't really discovering alignments. Yes, that would be nice, but how often does that really happen? My interest was in keeping my role hidden. I didn't know at that point if you guys would be expecting such a role or what. Just evasive manuevers. Nothing more.

See, I see being cop as very much like being scum. You find out who the scum are (they already know who the town is) and you try to lead the town in that direction without revealing yourself. Same thing the scum does in reverse. This role is a sort of cop-thing, so I played it that way.

Make sense now? Or did your team see another detail that you'd like to bring out?

No more details for me. I plan on letting this soak in with everybody first. I also plan on voting for slats but not until I've heard from the other players and slats himself.

I'm in no rush to lynch anyone at this time.

I can totally see why you all want to wait until Slats is here to vote him. I said much the same thing yesterday.

Just know this. More than one of us, I'm sure, is taking note of who said they felt good voting him. One of the very first things I was taught about being scum is to SAY you'll do something, and then just don't do it. So, whoever doesn't intend to vote him by the end of the day might want to start working on their reasoning now. Just saying....

Hess is an excellent choice, too, except I don't think he'd be this obvious if he wasn't fighting so hard to save a teammate. I want to know why.

I can totally see why you all want to wait until Slats is here to vote him. I said much the same thing yesterday.

Just know this. More than one of us, I'm sure, is taking note of who said they felt good voting him. One of the very first things I was taught about being scum is to SAY you'll do something, and then just don't do it. So, whoever of those who said they felt good about it doesn't intend to vote him by the end of the daymight want to start working on their reasoning now. Just saying....

Hess is an excellent choice, too, except I don't think he'd be this obvious if he wasn't fighting so hard to save a teammate. I want to know why.

Fixed. Sorry. Sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers.

Just know this. More than one of us, I'm sure, is taking note of who said they felt good voting him. One of the very first things I was taught about being scum is to SAY you'll do something, and then just don't do it. So, whoever doesn't intend to vote him by the end of the day might want to start working on their reasoning now. Just saying....

I think Hess is the choice today and Slats tm, here is the reasoning--

Lynch Hess today, hes coached, and his argument reeks of CTM/Slats

Now when Slats gets lynched tomorrow, after taking a shot at CTM... it tells us a lot

If slats comes up Vig

1) Hes telling the truth on CTM

2) Hes telling the truth about shooting your best off

If he comes up Scum

1) Why would he lie about shooting your vest off?

2) Is he trying to clear CTM?

I think this is a really winnable play for Town.

Archived