LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

I actually really expected you guys to pwn with you and CTM with your knowledge of the source material. With as many roles as there were in this game, 1 or 2 different lynches/NK's completely turn this game on its head.

The Scum teams were equally matched with excellent players on both sides, but the town was done in by one player. ;)

In any event, Vicious... great game, but I hate you.

Why? I thought knowing the source material was important so when I got CTM's name in the investigation (Desmond) I was convinced he was important since he was pivotal in the series as to which side would win.

In other words, if we controlled him he would prevent the other side from winning. That's why I advocated strongly for his conversion.

In the back of my mind I thought there was a 3d team out there (I mentioned it in the thread). I wanted to find Jack because I knew he was the back-up protector.

If I had known that Desmond was useless (although CTM is a great player), I would not have pushed for his conversion. I wanted to convert Jack.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting game Vic. Good job on your first go of it. :cheers:

Sorry about going crazy there guys. It was boring as hell that day and I just wanted to make some noise. Of course I had an agenda...

1) I figured, **** it. I'm bored and curious to who my modified lover was so I figured go down in flames, making entertaining and just play through my teammate. Stupid me, I didnt take into account who my teammate was and when I found out it was shutout...I was like, ****!...I'm teamed up with the least active player. Our qt link is like 1 page...lol

2) I knew that I'd get a lazy vote...and everyone questioned my motives like always but my suspect were spot on. Look back at the initial train. It worked, like usual ;-).

And more patting myself on the back, I had this game pegged once I died. Which was a neat perspective sitting back and not getting involved in the emotions of the game. The only player I was off on was Smash...but he always give me a scum vibe.

Here's our QT...

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/iHhktAwApf7GK

lol..

16. JVOR - I'm 90% positive JVOR is scum. This is exactly how he plays when he is scum. He's doing nothing. When he is town, he hunts harder than anyone.

I was in the middle of making a case on jvor once he voted you for the same reasons. Then i got called into a meeting, came back and got the claimed PM.. i was pissed..

Btw, that no lynched that last day seemed ridiculous to me, I figured most of the people voting that weren't town.

Yay well nobody wanted to lynch Lily or slats and after that I wasn't sure. CTM would have been next on my list. So if nothing else the death scene reveal would have gave us a lot of answers...and it was better than what you wanted to do which was lynch me. ;)

i was doing everythign i could not to get recruited.. and i did..

, being bullet proof a tnight i figured would come in handy..

nice that the cop plays it as a solo win role.. lol

LOL. DPR doesn't realize there is no "I" in team.

And I explained it above. Blame Vicious for your conversion. I thought Desmond was a key to victory. If you had been anybody esle I wouldn't have pushed for the conversion.

The Scum teams were equally matched with excellent players on both sides, but the town was done in by one player. ;)

In any event, Vicious... great game, but I hate you.

Why? I thought knowing the source material was important so when I got CTM's name in the investigation (Desmond) I was convinced he was important since he was pivotal in the series as to which side would win.

In other words, if we controlled him he would prevent the other side from winning. That's why I advocated strongly for his conversion.

In the back of my mind I thought there was a 3d team out there (I mentioned it in the thread). I wanted to find Jack because I knew he was the back-up protector.

If I had known that Desmond was useless (although CTM is a great player), I would not have pushed for his conversion. I wanted to convert Jack.

And I honestly LABORED over where I'd put Desmond.

Ultimately I chose "Lostees" because he never really operated with the Others. Desmond just HAPPENED to be special. Jack CHOSE to become the protector. Richard CHOSE to serve Jacob. So that was my reasoning.

I made him bulletproof due to the fact that he had survived those electromagnetic blasts on the island.

i was doing everythign i could not to get recruited.. and i did..

, being bullet proof a tnight i figured would come in handy..

nice that the cop plays it as a solo win role.. lol

Hey, that's the ultimate win. If you are a cop in a recruitig game, you being recruited is the best case scenario. You can gambit as much as you need to without anyone contesting you. And it's always easier to play as mafia.

lol..

I was in the middle of making a case on jvor once he voted you for the same reasons. Then i got called into a meeting, came back and got the claimed PM.. i was pissed..

And sadly I was glad you were Desmond. I figured you'd end up getting shot at being in the "Axis of Evil" and figured you could be influential to the town. And then you got converted.

Well done, others. Great game set-up Vic, it was always entertaining that's for sure.

Sorry I was gone the past few days, but I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers -- I'm FINALLY headed in the right direction :)

Again, gg. Sorry my play sucked so horribly (and now that you know I was miller, maybe my obsession that I sucked makes a bit more sense :P)

Hey, that's the ultimate win. If you are a cop in a recruitig game, you being recruited is the best case scenario. You can gambit as much as you need to without anyone contesting you. And it's always easier to play as mafia.

There is some sort of truth to that, although it can get dangerous, especially with the way people play around here. Consider you still get lynched as a claimed, uncountered cop who turned up a correct guilty result.

In the zombie game a while back, we converted the cop and then proceeded to have three different scum claim as cop at various points throughout the game. The most amusing part had to be that all three got lynched by game's end too (with help from each other of course :-P).

There is some sort of truth to that, although it can get dangerous, especially with the way people play around here. Consider you still get lynched as a claimed, uncountered cop who turned up a correct guilty result.

In the zombie game a while back, we converted the cop and then proceeded to have three different scum claim as cop at various points throughout the game. The most amusing part had to be that all three got lynched by game's end too (with help from each other of course :-P).

I was such a n00b then. Just a twinkle in my pappy's eye.

And sadly I was glad you were Desmond. I figured you'd end up getting shot at being in the "Axis of Evil" and figured you could be influential to the town. And then you got converted.

Lol.. Like I said in the QT.. I was suprised i was only bullet proof, but totally psyched.. Best role ever if not for the convert.

I'm still suprised that Smash didn't double vote Slats..

That's absolutley GOD AWFUL play. I'm sorry but that stinks DPR. As a daytime bomb (CHOICE) me being converted would have KILLED the town. It would have essentially been a two for one with the NK. I did everything I could to stay alive. I don't know if scum picked up on it but what I essentially was trying to do the whole game (especially in the beginning) was play bulletproof and/or that I could not be converted. That's where all the "**** you MIB, I don't fear the MIB, he has no power over me etc" came from.

Plus this was fun flavor. Vic mentioned me in the opening scene and noone picked up on it. I'm the person that rose from the dead. MIB had already killed me. In my write up from Vic I was "very angry and had come back from the dead etc."

Also one point where I thought I won the game early on. When the storm was coming...it was for a conversion but i thought is was to kill. I PM'ed Vic multiple times "POWER ON, POWER ON" LOL. I thought I possibly convinced MIB I had a crazy power and was bulletproof. Figured maybe that conversion was coming as a day kill on me. I actually thought for a few minutes I had won the game, lol. If you ever read back I completely loose all my balls and zest after that conversion.

Yay well nobody wanted to lynch Lily or slats and after that I wasn't sure. CTM would have been next on my list. So if nothing else the death scene reveal would have gave us a lot of answers...and it was better than what you wanted to do which was lynch me. ;)

True, if we lynched you it would have given us Lily the next day, imo, once CTM was revealed as the convert. But by that time we wouldn't have had enough townies to lynch her.

Lol.. Like I said in the QT.. I was suprised i was only bullet proof, but totally psyched.. Best role ever if not for the convert.

I'm still suprised that Smash didn't double vote Slats..

I was surprised that A) Smash used his role when he did and B) BARELY GOT QUESTIONED.

It's crap and I hate. Seriously dude?

Well the Others had to capture you lily. But they could only do that once all your people were dead. Once they killed CTM, Brett submitted the night action to "capture Lily" and with everyone of your people dead, the protector of the island alive, you were essentially dead.

The Man in Black in the show is supposed to be forced to stay on the island in confinement forever. So that's why capturing you was the Others win condition.

Which goes to show you why you should know the source material. ;-)

I was going to counter with, "How about if you're the MiB you wear the avatar of my choosing?"

But honestly, I don't like those bets and don't initiate or accept them. I think they run counter to the spirit of the game. I'm lying in the thread because that's my role, like a good 50% of the participants.

I completely respect that. Actually, you guys might be surprised to learn that outside of mafia I'm nearly compulsively honest and usually non-confrontative. You have to WORK to get me to get in your face. Too bad, though. I would have worn whatever it was and enjoyed it.

One thing I couldn't say on thread was that I was trying to get recruited.

As cop, I was in the ultimate position to win - so I threw out a few things to try and make myself attractive to the mafia. I didn't pull it off that well, but that's what I was trying to do.

If it had been anybody but you, I might have gone there, but I really didn't want two DMers and two JNers on the team. That would have fractured us - you and me and any two players from here.

Well done, others. Great game set-up Vic, it was always entertaining that's for sure.

Sorry I was gone the past few days, but I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers -- I'm FINALLY headed in the right direction :)

Again, gg. Sorry my play sucked so horribly (and now that you know I was miller, maybe my obsession that I sucked makes a bit more sense :P)

I'm really glad to hear that, AVM. Keep getting better.

I really want to thank you guys for putting up with me being so manic. This has been a really tough month for me, but I got new meds today, so maybe I'll stabilize more. Don't worry, though, I"ll still be wild and crazy Lily, just not as intense with it. ;-)

Plus this was fun flavor. Vic mentioned me in the opening scene and noone picked up on it. I'm the person that rose from the dead. MIB had already killed me. In my write up from Vic I was "very angry and had come back from the dead etc."

Also one point where I thought I won the game early on. When the storm was coming...it was for a conversion but i thought is was to kill. I PM'ed Vic multiple times "POWER ON, POWER ON" LOL. I thought I possibly convinced MIB I had a crazy power and was bulletproof. Figured maybe that conversion was coming as a day kill on me. I actually thought for a few minutes I had won the game, lol. If you ever read back I completely loose all my balls and zest after that conversion.

You definitely found them again. I think I'm still bruised from that beating!

Which goes to show you why you should know the source material. ;-)

If it had been anybody but you, I might have gone there, but I really didn't want two DMers and two JNers on the team. That would have fractured us - you and me and any two players from here.

The way I've been playing, nobody in their right mind was going to recruit me. There are no arguments from me that I've been suuuucking.

I'm like Stallone the first time he trained to fight Mr. T. Not good. I've got to re-train.

What do you mean? I'm honestly asking.

That as the town cop you were trying to be converted. I think that sucks any way you spin it. Thinking back I now can see what you were trying to do and it blows. My role would have been HUGE for scum. I did everything in my power including play teh crazy(which is also always fun for me:D) NOT to get converted.

However it does prove what I've been saying all game, even with you as a revealed dead town cop, that you are in fact Satan...or a close relative.;)

The way I've been playing, nobody in their right mind was going to recruit me. There are no arguments from me that I've been suuuucking.

I'm like Stallone the first time he trained to fight Mr. T. Not good. I've got to re-train.

Do one thing for me. Win.

I was such a n00b then. Just a twinkle in my pappy's eye.

Woody was pissing me and CTM off so much that game. Especially with his disappearing act. Then he pulled the most BS reveal ever and was like "BTW, I'm the cop... bye." and that pretty much wins us the game. Go figure. lol

I don't remember if you counter-claimed or just went after Woody so hard that we knew you were the cop, but I just remember we knew you were our conversion right off the bat. Then we just tried to keep people from choosing between you two for as long as possible, then once it came time fed Woody to the wolves. The funny thing was after that for some reason everyone turned on you and started so suspect you, so we said screw it, had CTM claim cop and did it all over again. lol.

The best part was on the second to last day when me and CTM started going after each other and they lynched him over me, despite there being nobody else left in the game who could be the cop. Go figure. :P

You definitely found them again. I think I'm still bruised from that beating!

Oh definitely. It was a quick left hook that caught me off guard but I rebounded quickly:p. I seriously thank the good lord you were scum. There was at certain points some guilt coming from my end for laying into you like that. I started questioning myself when Sharrow and brett both voted for me. Was completely confused man.

BTW I think you played GREAT. However you were my on my radar the minute I read your avatar saying thing...I'm a good girl, honest. :P

Great game again Lily and I hope all is forgiven.:cheers:

Woody was pissing me and CTM off so much that game. Especially with his disappearing act. Then he pulled the most BS reveal ever and was like "BTW, I'm the cop... bye." and that pretty much wins us the game. Go figure. lol

I don't remember if you counter-claimed or just went after Woody so hard that we knew you were the cop, but I just remember we knew you were our conversion right off the bat. Then we just tried to keep people from choosing between you two for as long as possible, then once it came time fed Woody to the wolves. The funny thing was after that for some reason everyone turned on you and started so suspect you, so we said screw it, had CTM claim cop and did it all over again. lol.

The best part was on the second to last day when me and CTM started going after each other and they lynched him over me, despite there being nobody else left in the game who could be the cop. Go figure. :P

I was so happy that game because I was FINALLY a scum member. I seriously suck as town in comparison to playing as scum. I definitely felt frustrated back then because felt like I could never put together a coherent case and felt like I was shouting at walls.

Woody's activity level make shoutout and Sharrow look like me.

Oh definitely. It was a quick left hook that caught me off guard but I rebounded quickly:p. I seriously thank the good lord you were scum. There was at certain points some guilt coming from my end for laying into you like that. I started questioning myself when Sharrow and brett both voted for me. Was completely confused man.

BTW I think you played GREAT. However you were my on my radar the minute I read your avatar saying thing...I'm a good girl, honest. :P

Great game again Lily and I hope all is forgiven.:cheers:

I TOLD you guys not to cut me slack. No worries. And that good girl thing had to do with me being a hussy, not scum, sweetie. I wouldn't be that obvious, if it had occurred to me that someone might take it that way. I miss so many obvious things, but nobody ever believes me on them......lol.

I actually felt like some of you might think I was taking advantage. I did play more hesitantly, but then heated up towards endgame. I didn't mean to lead you on. That's just my play style. I'm less sure of myself when there are more choices.

The thing I found ironic is that I spent the night in the rat hole with the amazingly sexy Sawyer and didn't even know it! (Of course, Wes is pretty sexy, too!)

I was so happy that game because I was FINALLY a scum member. I seriously suck as town in comparison to playing as scum. I definitely felt frustrated back then because felt like I could never put together a coherent case and felt like I was shouting at walls.

Woody's activity level make shoutout and Sharrow look like me.

It's funny you say that, because I remember for a while I was on a streak of being scum pretty much every game, and was winning like crazy and started to gain a reputation that got me to the point of being NKed by both scum and the vig on the first night, the first time I was town again. Since then I've been nothing but town and have sucked so bad I end up in situations where I only die because scum wanted my lover dead or I go through almost the entirety of a conversion game and am one of like two people the scum don't even try to get. God, I suck. :P

Vic, did you already say how many conversions that the MIB had?

Only one, but I did my best to keep you all worried about more. That only partially worked, unfortunately.

It's funny you say that, because I remember for a while I was on a streak of being scum pretty much every game, and was winning like crazy and started to gain a reputation that got me to the point of being NKed by both scum and the vig on the first night, the first time I was town again. Since then I've been nothing but town and have sucked so bad I end up in situations where I only die because scum wanted my lover dead or I go through almost the entirety of a conversion game and am one of like two people the scum don't even try to get. God, I suck. :P

Hahahahaha. It's funny how things change like that. Being a mod definitely puts it into perspective how tough it can be to be a town sometimes.

ZOMG BLEEDIN YER SO GOOD WE NEED U

Archived