LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's killing me. And again in this one, there were some things that I did fairly well - as finder, I chose 2 mafia and one "not a lostee" out of four nights, which ain't bad. But my other plays are all just biting me in the a$$, and I was totally blind to half of the mafia players. I asked Vic why he thought the techniques I was using didn't work and he said "because you're a dick."

Just kidding. But he did give a little friendly advice, and I appreciated that very much. Then he threw me under the bus. meh

Cheers to Lily as the MIB, and to JVoR, who was the farthest from my radar out of everyone.

Is it cool to put up a PREDATOR sign up thread, or is anyone else in line to run first?

You know what's funny, when I try to help the town by being aggressive I can into lynch territory, but if I do what I can to stay clean and be less helpful I can go under the radar.

Thanks for the compliment though. Now i'll have to change my play style and will look forward to getting lynched as town because i'm being too clean. :D

One thing I couldn't say on thread was that I was trying to get recruited.

As cop, I was in the ultimate position to win - so I threw out a few things to try and make myself attractive to the mafia. I didn't pull it off that well, but that's what I was trying to do.

No my faceplam was directed at ME. For royally ****ing up your investigation results.

You know what's funny, when I try to help the town by being aggressive I can into lynch territory, but if I do what I can to stay clean and be less helpful I can go under the radar.

Thanks for the compliment though. Now i'll have to change my play style and will look forward to getting lynched as town because i'm being too clean. :D

You get a new perspective when you mod for sure. I immediately noticed that about you. When you were scum all I could think to myself was "He plays like me! Agreeable, nice, gets along with everyone."

DING DING DING. We didn't know there was another team until Crusher got killed. Though we did know you had a mirror type ability since we tried to find out your name the second night and it got mirrored onto SMC. We were worried your mirroring abilities would be used on Crusher so we blocked you that night. When you guys did your 180 degree episode on Lily that day when it was her versus shutout I thought something was very odd.

You'd be happy to know I was very onto you though, Slats. :) I thought you were 3rd party from about day 3 or so.

Ah...

That explains why you didn't shoot for me last night, either. I was wondering.

I hate not being town. I think I'm getting worse at it, too.

It was fun having CTM explain to the class what possible value Lily's claimed role could have. :mrgreen:

Hey I apologized immediately. I could've lived with my **** up. It was the lying and blaming it on someone else that made me feel god ****ing awful.

I think you're cool guy and seriously could not have felt more awful.

You played it like a gentleman, and I do thank you for that. It was a tough spot for a mod to be in. You da man.

Ah...

It was fun having CTM explain to the class what possible value Lily's claimed role could have. :mrgreen:

I figured she was that Japanese dude from the temple, and on Jacob's team, but I wasn't really interested in killing that team. That was a good play by her. She would have been my 2nd choice as MIB after Hess once CTM died though.

what was the deal with the modified lover stuff?

Ok.

I really had NO CLUE what the hell to call them.

For anyone who hasn't watched the series Miles (Shutout) and Hurley (JiF) could talk to the dead.

In order to keep with the source material I though up of a role where if one of them died, they could then communicate with the person still left in the game. They weren't "lovers" like Bleedin and Pac, and they weren't masons, like the Others. So I just thought up of a retarded name.

Did you know you had to rb slats to kill him or was that luck?

And ctm... Others appeared as not town... But crusher and eventually me appeared as town.. Hence, gf

Yeah, we knew Slats was a mirror since Night 2 when I watched him and it was deflected back.

But by then we had to kill others (like Pac and Crusher).

Ah...

Lol..

That was a good setup. DPR making my role useless sucked, at least I survived to end game for the first time though, even if we lost.

Where are the QT links?

What was your role?

Definitely an interesting game to be watching. Hess was a madman but he certainly knew what he was doing... or at least so it seemed. The whole tide of the game changed on a few different occasions, and made things very interesting. For a while there it seemed like the MIB team was going to have a cakewalk, but then the other's just started tearing **** up. I also couldn't help but laugh that the fastest lynch in mafia history happened to a claimed, uncountered cop. Go figure.

Got to love that I had any kind of role for the first time in a while and the moment Pac finds me we both get killed. I originally thought I got us killed because scum picked up on the hints I was trying to drop, and at that time I thought there couldn't be any worse feeling in a mafia game then getting someone else killed for your stupidity. Then when I learned Pac was the one who got targeted I realized I was wrong, there is something worse, and that is the feeling that you're dead despite the fact that nobody really gave a crap to even bother trying to kill you. :-P

You get a new perspective when you mod for sure. I immediately noticed that about you. When you were scum all I could think to myself was "He plays like me! Agreeable, nice, gets along with everyone."

Not by accident. :P Your scum model is very effective and I tried to emulate some of things I liked about how you played in Star Wars.

Yeah, we knew Slats was a mirror since Night 2 when I watched him and it was deflected back.

But by then we had to kill others (like Pac and Crusher).

I actually really expected you guys to pwn with you and CTM with your knowledge of the source material. With as many roles as there were in this game, 1 or 2 different lynches/NK's completely turn this game on its head.

Ok.

I really had NO CLUE what the hell to call them.

For anyone who hasn't watched the series Miles (Shutout) and Hurley (JiF) could talk to the dead.

In order to keep with the source material I though up of a role where if one of them died, they could then communicate with the person still left in the game. They weren't "lovers" like Bleedin and Pac, and they weren't masons, like the Others. So I just thought up of a retarded name.

I still can't believe I actually figured out what the deal with the modified lovers was while I was in the game. I totally just pulled that out of my ass, but then when you told me and Pac the roles I couldn't believe that was it. Of course, its probably the only thing I was right about the entire time I was alive, so go figure.

Not by accident. :P Your scum model is very effective and I tried to emulate some of things I liked about how you played in Star Wars.

I'm actually flattered by that. When you watch certain players you pick up on things. It's definitely part of the gun playing with a group of guys your familiar with. Like a weekly poker game, everyone has tells.

Ah...

Crazy gamble that I advocated, but I thought (wrongly) that your team could no longer NK with Crusher dead (we were sure you were Crusher's partner).

So, I thought you were trying to bluff us into shooting you which, in turn, would have been reflected back and kill CTM and thus vetting you as the vig.

As cop, I was in the ultimate position to win - so I threw out a few things to try and make myself attractive to the mafia. I didn't pull it off that well, but that's what I was trying to do.

That's absolutley GOD AWFUL play. I'm sorry but that stinks DPR. As a daytime bomb (CHOICE) me being converted would have KILLED the town. It would have essentially been a two for one with the NK. I did everything I could to stay alive. I don't know if scum picked up on it but what I essentially was trying to do the whole game (especially in the beginning) was play bulletproof and/or that I could not be converted. That's where all the "**** you MIB, I don't fear the MIB, he has no power over me etc" came from.

Crazy gamble that I advocated, but I thought (wrongly) that your team could no longer NK with Crusher dead (we were sure you were Crusher's partner).

So, I thought you were trying to bluff us into shooting you which, in turn, would have been reflected back and kill CTM and thus vetting you as the vig.

slats played confident vig pretty well.. had me doubting that diagnosis.. lol

You guys were obviously interested in me. RB'd me N1 and watched me N2. I was holding your reveal in my back pocket for a while to pull out if I was accused of being with the MiB.

Interesting game Vic. Good job on your first go of it. :cheers:

Sorry about going crazy there guys. It was boring as hell that day and I just wanted to make some noise. Of course I had an agenda...

1) I figured, **** it. I'm bored and curious to who my modified lover was so I figured go down in flames, making entertaining and just play through my teammate. Stupid me, I didnt take into account who my teammate was and when I found out it was shutout...I was like, ****!...I'm teamed up with the least active player. Our qt link is like 1 page...lol

2) I knew that I'd get a lazy vote...and everyone questioned my motives like always but my suspect were spot on. Look back at the initial train. It worked, like usual ;-).

And more patting myself on the back, I had this game pegged once I died. Which was a neat perspective sitting back and not getting involved in the emotions of the game. The only player I was off on was Smash...but he always give me a scum vibe.

Here's our QT...

http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/iHhktAwApf7GK

i was doing everythign i could not to get recruited.. and i did..

, being bullet proof a tnight i figured would come in handy..

nice that the cop plays it as a solo win role.. lol

Archived