LOST Mafia Game Thread

Vicious89x

Hess I understand you dont want to vote and hammer Slats but I think all that needs to be said was pretty much said. Slats wrote 2 very long posts explaining his situation Im not sure you can get more info than that since it was his first reaction.

Go back a re read mine and slats back and forth see what you think. Keep in mind good players do not vote out non contested power roles and certainly not 2 in a row like Slats wants to do. This is a funny game Hess, sometimes the person your so damn sure is scum turns out to be innocent and vice versa.

I think townies play scummy sometimes to avoid a NK . They figure if they looks scummy the real scum will use that to their advantage. I do it as well sometimes but it is risky.

I just want to be clear, and I don't know where anyone got that I don't think slats is possibly scum. I put him down as my top 3 yesterday. Mind you Lily and Crusher were the other two.

I will vote for him tonight.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to be clear, and I don't know where anyone got that I don't think slats is possibly scum. I put him down as my top 3 yesterday. Mind you Lily and Crusher were the other two.

I will vote for him tonight.

Tonight as in tonight, June 5th? Or Mafia Day Phase tonight?

So since Slats came back and basicly Sh!t the bed will you still be unvoting at L-1 ?

I don't see us getting there tonight, and I got the impression he'll be home tonight, so I'm hoping it's a moot point, but I'm pretty confident in my vote. I think I have to keep my word, dammit, even though I'd rather not.

Tell me how many times can you vote :rim:

I never did see his first vote, and wondered why Vic had him down.

My take is that he view would be apply to visists on previous nights days, i think if we lynch slats and he's clean, we take a hard look at lily.

You have it right on the first part, CTM, and does the second part mean I'll have to answer everything for the FOURTH time? I've been grilled more than any steak you've ever eaten. ;-) But yeah, okay. I agree. *sigh* But can the questions come from somebody other than Hess this time? Please? Of course he won't be clean. Who pushes for a lynch on their f**king cop? Scum, that's who. Slats has done an excellent job, leading us around all game and it stops here.

Been at a kiddie bday party all day, need to do a few things in a bit but will be back later..

fwiw.. I don't buy this at all. I can't believe we have 3 NK'ing entities in a game where there's been a limited amount of NK's up till this past night. Just doesnt make sense. It also doesn't make sense how Slats misread Lily's post and quickly voted her. I think smashmouth is right, he was hoping he'd come back on to find lily lynched.

Also doesn't make sense to me that an innocent Slats would've shot Lily at that point, although it's possible.

Additionally, I don't understand the bolded. Why are you sarcastically thanking vic for a role you claim is a standard vig? makes no sense, particularly since you pounded your chest earlier about your great success with that very same role just last game.

I'm tempted to take you up on your offer and prove my bonafides but frankly you are by far the most scummy thing going, and anytime we've encountered a player who begged to get to the night phase it was for neferarious reasons (like doggin in the Star Wars game). I'm happy to stick my neck out at this point and self vote tomorrow if you are actually an innocent vig

I'm pretty convinced you are jvor's killer (thanks btw), and that you shot Lily not as vig, but as scum.

vote Slats

If you're honestly this bullet-proof townie, I thought you'd be happy to have me verify you. I can do that. Or maybe I'd kill you.

I did do well with one shot last game. Thought I could do better this one, but I've sucked. The role has been a major frustration.

I didn't kill JVoR. I don't know what happened last night. All I know is that for the first time we have scum dead at night, and we have two different teams dead. Looks to me like they don't play very well in the evenings.

And answer me this, do you buy Lily's reveal even a little bit? What use is her role to the town? And if you suspect me of being part of this other scum team, then what does that make her claiming that I was visited by the MiB? What the hell does that even mean, anyway.

I think you might be afraid of what'll happen if I shoot at you tonight.

Vote: Slats

Hess, which reason are you voting for me? Is it because Lily says I was visited by the MiB, or is it because CTM says I'm the Others?

Give me one more night, and I can prove CTM's telling the truth about his reveal. You can lynch me tomorrow, I'll turn up as exactly what I say I am, and you'll know CTM's telling the truth. No way he could possibly be bullet-proof scum.

I know you don't buy this Lily-Smashmouth circle jerk that took place all day.

You have it right on the first part, CTM, and does the second part mean I'll have to answer everything for the FOURTH time? I've been grilled more than any steak you've ever eaten. ;-) But yeah, okay. I agree. *sigh* But can the questions come from somebody other than Hess this time? Please? Of course he won't be clean. Who pushes for a lynch on their f**king cop? Scum, that's who. Slats has done an excellent job, leading us around all game and it stops here.

But have you ever, EVER explained how this role of yours could possibly be helpful to the town? You investigate people to see if the MiB stopped by their place? What the hell does that tell anyone? What benefit could possibly come from that?

The MiB visited me. Irony. The only thing you know for certain about me is that I'm NOT MiB.

And yeah, I'm here, and now I'm going to bed.

Do what you will.

I strongly suggest you put my lynch off one night. You've got CTM all of a sudden out of a game long slumber shooting off at me pretty strongly - the one guy who can verify his bullet-proof townie claim. Let me perform one service to the town as vig before you lynch me.

Lily's full of crap, and Smash, who's been creating all sorts of mysterious ways the MiB team operated all game -and who's been suspicious of Lily all game- is suddenly defending her BS reveal as a Power Role (what power?). I think he's your crazy Man in Black, trying to protect his last soldier.

Go back and look at the time of the conversion - they were both there. That's when Smash converted Lily.

Lynch me tomorrow. I'll vote for myself. Let me prove CTM up or down first.

I'll be back in the morning. I am shot. Long day. I'll answer any direct questions then. I'll even answer them directly, unlike our new lady friend.

You can suspect me of being the Others. That's fine. But there's no possible way I'm MiB as Lily came out today trying to push. If anyone thinks for a second that I could possibly be MiB, please re-read this post and follow the logic. MiB sent their watcher to look at me the night after they got their convert. There's no way I'm MiB.

:coff: I'm gonna waste some time on this game this morning, then I'm out of here. I voted for Lily because of this post:

I jumped down her throat here because she's seriously trying to implicate me with the MiB here. I read it as she was saying I was converted. I have no idea what the use of this so-called power of hers is if she people who were unsuccessfully converted so she can lay suspicion on them. Sounds like complete, 100% BS to me.

But think about when we had the convert. It was early Day 2. The only one we've had. Now look at SMC's big reveal as the town Doc. Look at the last line.

Now, why would he say that? Why would he announce who he "protected" when everyone would probably happily just assume he protected himself?

Anyone?

Okay, I'll tell you, then. Because he was the MiB's Watcher, that's why! Knowing they had a watcher, they were probably very concerned that the town had a tracker. And if he were tracked on either night, the tracker would be one person who knew he was lying right there. But he couldn't claim to protect others for both nights, that would've been idiotic, so he claimed to "protect" me, because in reality that night he was actually "watching" me.

And he saw nothing. I stayed home that night.

But MiB sent their watcher to me after their only conversion. So I was not converted. At least that much should be pretty clear.

And that's why I flew off at her. I had started to trust her after DPR flipped innocent, but her trying to implicate me as the convert had me right back to thinking she was scum.

I think Lily and Smash are the last MiB, and that CTM is Others. I can clear CTM up or down tonight. We can possibly lynch the MiB in Smash first.

Then please, kill me tomorrow.

If you're honestly this bullet-proof townie, I thought you'd be happy to have me verify you. I can do that. Or maybe I'd kill you.

I did do well with one shot last game. Thought I could do better this one, but I've sucked. The role has been a major frustration.

I didn't kill JVoR. I don't know what happened last night. All I know is that for the first time we have scum dead at night, and we have two different teams dead. Looks to me like they don't play very well in the evenings.

And answer me this, do you buy Lily's reveal even a little bit? What use is her role to the town? And if you suspect me of being part of this other scum team, then what does that make her claiming that I was visited by the MiB? What the hell does that even mean, anyway.

I think you might be afraid of what'll happen if I shoot at you tonight.

I'm not afraid of anything in regards to me. You have overwhelmingly been the most scummy, so it makes sense to lynch you. If you are the vig and are innocent, i will vote myself tomorrow and not even defend. Between the Jif vote, the DPR vote, Lily saying you've been visited (and you are a top conversion target and you know it), it seems fairly cut and dry that one way or the other you're dirty. The slats I've played with for 2 years doesn't lynch a cop with a guilty claim without even giving it a second thought.

And yeah, I'm here, and now I'm going to bed.

Do what you will.

I strongly suggest you put my lynch off one night. You've got CTM all of a sudden out of a game long slumber shooting off at me pretty strongly - the one guy who can verify his bullet-proof townie claim. Let me perform one service to the town as vig before you lynch me.

You are also all the sudden out of a game long slumber my friend. I'm not willing to let you get to night cause just like doggin in the star wars game, I think you have something up your sleave. Every scum that's turned up dead has had a power role thus far, I can only begin to speculate what you might be able to do with 1 more night now that scum have turned up dead.

I'm not afraid of anything in regards to me. You have overwhelmingly been the most scummy, so it makes sense to lynch you. If you are the vig and are innocent, i will vote myself tomorrow and not even defend. Between the Jif vote, the DPR vote, Lily saying you've been visited (and you are a top conversion target and you know it), it seems fairly cut and dry that one way or the other you're dirty. The slats I've played with for 2 years doesn't lynch a cop with a guilty claim without even giving it a second thought.

If we do it that way, the town will lose.

Do it my way, and if you are who you say you are, we only lose me. The guy you want to vote off anyway.

Read SMC's "reveal" again and tell me how I could've possibly been MiB? He watched me night two, and put that in there to cover his tracks in case the town had a tracker. You know that. If you're telling me you believe this role of Lily's one little bit, then I know you're the last MiB along with her and not Smash.

Which wouldn't surprise me, because I've been wrong all game.

If we do it that way, the town will lose.

Ohh.. so if we don't follow your lead the town will lose. Ok. That about cements it. lol

Do it my way, and if you are who you say you are, we only lose me. The guy you want to vote off anyway.

Read SMC's "reveal" again and tell me how I could've possibly been MiB? He watched me night two, and put that in there to cover his tracks in case the town had a tracker. You know that. If you're telling me you believe this role of Lily's one little bit, then I know you're the last MiB along with her and not Smash.

Which wouldn't surprise me, because I've been wrong all game.

No, actually Lily is #2 on my list. With all due respect to Lily however, you are far more dangerous. I cant see Lily making it much further no matter what happens..

Slats, many holes there, my friend.

I don't know what you're talking about about me not answering questions. I answered several multiple times.

Anyway, set my results aside and just look at what Smash has said and what I have said other than them. Slats still stinks like scum. He has led us around all game. He is the one who brought up vig earlier, to validate this role claim now. That's a favorite scum tactic of mine, so I do recognize it in others. And then there's the pushing the lynch on the cop business.

I'm not moving my vote. He has to go and go now.

No, actually Lily is #2 on my list. With all due respect to Lily however, you are far more dangerous. I cant see Lily making it much further no matter what happens..

What about her reveal do you believe at all? Seriously?

What benefit is the role of, "I can see if the bad came to pay a visit - not if he did anything while he was there"?

If you understand that, please explain it to the rest of the class.

Slats, many holes there, my friend.

I don't know what you're talking about about me not answering questions. I answered several multiple times.

Anyway, set my results aside and just look at what Smash has said and what I have said other than them. Slats still stinks like scum. He has led us around all game. He is the one who brought up vig earlier, to validate this role claim now. That's a favorite scum tactic of mine, so I do recognize it in others. And then there's the pushing the lynch on the cop business.

I'm not moving my vote. He has to go and go now.

Yeah, next time I'll make sure to make up the most pointless, idiotic role of all time. :rolleyes: Seems to be buying you some time.

What about her reveal do you believe at all? Seriously?

What benefit is the role of, "I can see if the bad came to pay a visit - not if he did anything while he was there"?

If you understand that, please explain it to the rest of the class.

Dude.. you unvoted her, now you are convinced again. Make up your mind..

My take is that she either clears people of conversion or identifies convertees, or maybe there some other thing is at play here like the modified lovers stuff or the surprise 2 scum teams.. Either way, finding out about yuo will tell us a lot about Lily's role. For instance, if you are converted, I'd say the value of her role has been proven.

Dude.. you unvoted her, now you are convinced again. Make up your mind..

My take is that she either clears people of conversion or identifies convertees, or maybe there some other thing is at play here like the modified lovers stuff or the surprise 2 scum teams.. Either way, finding out about yuo will tell us a lot about Lily's role. For instance, if you are converted, I'd say the value of her role has been proven.

That's reading a lot into what she's said. She says she can investigate whether the MiB has visited someone. That's all. You're adding a little more validity to it than she did.

If she can identify convertees, she's already said she can't do that with me so... ?

I'll explain it again for the slower members of the class........

I check a person to see if the MiB visited them EVER. He only visits to convert. Period.

I have reworded this so many times. You know I can't quote the role PM.

This may sound crazy but I dont think what slats is offering is all that bad. If he shoots CTM tonight he can validate both roles with one shot.

I think a No Lynch vote is in order this way we dont make a stupid mistake and lynch another Lostee.

Unvote Slats

This may sound crazy but I dont think what slats is offering is all that bad. If he shoots CTM tonight he can validate both roles with one shot.

I think a No Lynch vote is in order this way we dont make a stupid mistake and lynch another Lostee.

Unvote Slats

Im still thinking about this I did it cause Slats was at L-1 and he made some points that caught my attention. Then Lily started swaying me back. I need time to think this over we didnt come this far and put this much effort into the game to be half assed now.

Slats, slow down, dude. Nobody ever said you were the MiB. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I basically said you weren't. We started this day with my believing you were a failed conversion attempt, but between then and now, I got swayed to a tentative vote and now a firm vote. Why does your team fight so hard to keep you alive? Why are you so important? I don't think for a minute that anyone but you coached Hess. It is clear to me that he ran out of script and you were not around to coach.

Smash, I respect your feelings. I only hope that you see what I see. Take your time. There was a lot of ground covered today (real-time day.) If you don't then you don't. I hate it when people say this, but I'm guessing I won't be alive in the morning. If I'm right about who the scum is, they can't afford to keep me. Regardless of how this turns out, I am comfortable with Slats and Hess as scumbuddies. I have no more case to build on either of them. So, let things play out as they will. We'll see at endgame.

One more question - If there were two scum teams, and a vig, why were there never 3 kills in one night, out of 5 nights? I'd like to see if anyone has an answer to that one.

That's it for me tonight. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Do me a favor? Don't let Slats sweet talk you into lynching me before I get up, okay?

Unvote Slats

I have to think through this but I think I actually like it.

UNVOTE

Slats, slow down, dude. Nobody ever said you were the MiB. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I basically said you weren't. We started this day with my believing you were a failed conversion attempt, but between then and now, I got swayed to a tentative vote and now a firm vote. Why does your team fight so hard to keep you alive? Why are you so important? I don't think for a minute that anyone but you coached Hess. It is clear to me that he ran out of script and you were not around to coach.

Smash, I respect your feelings. I only hope that you see what I see. Take your time. There was a lot of ground covered today (real-time day.) If you don't then you don't. I hate it when people say this, but I'm guessing I won't be alive in the morning. If I'm right about who the scum is, they can't afford to keep me. Regardless of how this turns out, I am comfortable with Slats and Hess as scumbuddies. I have no more case to build on either of them. So, let things play out as they will. We'll see at endgame.

One more question - If there were two scum teams, and a vig, why were there never 3 kills in one night, out of 5 nights? I'd like to see if anyone has an answer to that one.

That's it for me tonight. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Do me a favor? Don't let Slats sweet talk you into lynching me before I get up, okay?

The only problem with this is that slats clearly stated he was going to the Guitar festival with his son yesterday which means he wasn't around. If you think he was lying about that than go ahead with your idea that I'm completely retarded and needed slats help to show that you either lied or that you breadcrumbed you role early (a role noone has ever heard of) to make it look like it wasn't your role because you didn't know what conversion meant.

BTW both of Lily's roles (if true) should be considered useless at this point. She found the one conversion and her one time vest was shot off.

The problem i have with slats is that he already used his bullet. How many more would he have?

Also, on the theory that slats and i are scummates. I just put him at L1 last night (real time). Meanwhile brett and sharrow who all day liked us as a team didn't lynch him last night. And I unvoted him only after smash did. brett seemed excited about what he thought was the hammer, realized it wasn't and disappeared with his vote still on me. BTW I'm doing stuff with kids until later today.

unvote

I really like Smash's no lynch idea.

I'll shoot at CTM tonight. If he's town, he'll be alive to tell you about it tomorrow. If he's scum, then he'll be dead scum. I've been saying that you could lynch me tomorrow but that's really a joke, isn't it? I'll be NK'd tonight, and I'll be revealed as exactly what I say I am in my death scene.

You get me dead either way, but this way you know for sure on CTM and his amazing permanent bullet-proof abilities.

vote: no lynch

Archived