Matt Stover?

SoFlaJets

Ray Lucas mentioned his name the other day on Jets Nation. He is on the Colts now and with Adam Vinatieri coming back and healthy, why not give Rex's old kicker a call and have a competition with Folk. They did cut that other stiff...

Ray Lucas mentioned his name the other day on Jets Nation. He is on the Colts now and with Adam Vinatieri coming back and healthy, why not give Rex's old kicker a call and have a competition with Folk. They did cut that other stiff...

Matt Stover is an unrestricted free agent, subject to the Final 8 rules.

July 22, then they can think about it.

Remember, Matt Stover doesn't kick off...

Matt Stover is an unrestricted free agent, subject to the Final 8 rules.

July 22, then they can think about it.

Remember, Matt Stover doesn't kick off...

I wonder how Nick Folk's KO abilities are...

I've been under the impression that the Jets will bring either Vinatieri or Stover in to at the very least compete with Folk.

I can't substantiate that impression with anything like a news story or rumor... its just my read on the situation.

Vinatieri was instrumental in all 3 Patriots SB seasons, and when he jumped from the Pats to the Colts... so did the balance of power in that rivalry... as we quickly saw the Colts finally overcome their post-season demons and win the SB (with Vinatieri doing their kicking).

How do you not bring in a kicker who has been as close to a good luck charm as there is in the past decade winning 4 SBs?

Stover was a fixture in Baltimore, rarely missing anything and would be the obvious veteran kicker for Rex to want... given their Baltimore history together.

Either way, I can't see the Colts carrying both kickers... and I have a hunch one of them will be a Jet by the start of the season.

The other situation to watch in in New Orleans where Garrett Hartley should re-claim his old job (especially after his post-season kicks), which would leave John Carney available too.

I've been under the impression that the Jets will bring either Vinatieri or Stover in to at the very least compete with Folk.

I can't substantiate that impression with anything like a news story or rumor... its just my read on the situation.

Vinatieri was instrumental in all 3 Patriots SB seasons, and when he jumped from the Pats to the Colts... so did the balance of power in that rivalry... as we quickly saw the Colts finally overcome their post-season demons and win the SB (with Vinatieri doing their kicking).

How do you not bring in a kicker who has been as close to a good luck charm as there is in the past decade winning 4 SBs?

Stover was a fixture in Baltimore, rarely missing anything and would be the obvious veteran kicker for Rex to want... given their Baltimore history together.

Either way, I can't see the Colts carrying both kickers... and I have a hunch one of them will be a Jet by the start of the season.

The other situation to watch in in New Orleans where Garrett Hartley should re-claim his old job (especially after his post-season kicks), which would leave John Carney available too.

a few years ago when Indy beat NE all of us here changed our avatars to that of Colts players-mine was Vinatieri which of course was THE reason the Colts beat the scumbag's team

Archived