New Weapons Open the Field for Keller

flgreen

I was expecting a breakout year from Keller last season, and while he was reasonably productive, he put up about the same #'s as his rookie year. Playing with a rookie QB after getting throws from Favre the previous year certainly didn't help.

This year is a different ballgame though. I expect Keller to climb the ranks and become a top 10-15 TE rather than just an average starter. He's not a good blocker, which keeps him off the field in some situations, but at the same time he's too talented not to emerge in 2010.

I hope none of these pass catching guys don't get a negative attitude because I just don't see how we can make them all happy. You have LT coming out of the backfield...then you have Keller, Cotch, Holmes and Edwards. I'm not complaining mind you, because it's fantastic to have all these weapons for Sanchez to throw to...just saying that some of these guys are playing for contracts and they are going to want the ball more than ever.

I hope none of these pass catching guys don't get a negative attitude because I just don't see how we can make them all happy. You have LT coming out of the backfield...then you have Keller, Cotch, Holmes and Edwards. I'm not complaining mind you, because it's fantastic to have all these weapons for Sanchez to throw to...just saying that some of these guys are playing for contracts and they are going to want the ball more than ever.

I don't think it'll be a problem. You have Holmes & Braylon fighting it out for a contract extension, so they're gonna have to be perfect saints for this team. If they want to complain about touches, they can do it for someone else in 2011 (or 2012 after the work stoppage). Cotchery and Keller have never been troublesome before so I don't see that happening in 2010.

Only guy I could see sulking at all is LT. However, the Jets have been impressed with him and he'll get his touches. He's going to be the exclusive 3rd down back and likely be Sanchez's primary target when his 1st read isn't available.

we see this same article every year.

blah, blah, blah, keller going to break out, blah, blah, blah.

wait until he has a good day at the Green vs White scrimmage and we'll see a whole slew of these.

Every year? This is his third year. Obviously there was no talk of a breakout in year 1, since that wouldn't make sense. So, at MOST this is the 2nd time we've heard it. I'm confused as to how anyone thought he was going to break out last year anyway, with a rookie QB. How many rookie QBs make a name for their receivers?

Every year? This is his third year. Obviously there was no talk of a breakout in year 1, since that wouldn't make sense. So, at MOST this is the 2nd time we've heard it. I'm confused as to how anyone thought he was going to break out last year anyway, with a rookie QB. How many rookie QBs make a name for their receivers?

i like most of your post but the part about the rookie QB is off the mark. many rookie QBs feed the bejesus out of their TE.

Ay! stop making so much sense. :-)

we see this same article every year.

blah, blah, blah, keller going to break out, blah, blah, blah.

wait until he has a good day at the Green vs White scrimmage and we'll see a whole slew of these.

I remember that last off season.

At the same time last year we had Jerricho, Clowney, and Bsmith as our starting wide recievers. In a pass attack like that it was a no brainer that Keller would shine!

This year is a toss up. Either he plays as well as we expect or he gets lost in a passing attack that is stacked.

keller should have a good year on one hand, but on the other hand, will get fewer looks cuz of all the weapons

so statistically he may only have a slight jump up, but the passing offense in general should have a nice bump

keller should have a good year on one hand, but on the other hand, will get fewer looks cuz of all the weapons

so statistically he may only have a slight jump up, but the passing offense in general should have a nice bump

If the slight jump up is in goal situations, that will work out just fine. :D

Wait, even THIS defense can't cover him? It's not like the Jets offense is even that good. This is why while you do need a good defense, you can't just rely on them to win games for you in this league against the top teams. You need a good offense too. Even the best defense in the league apparently can't cover the Jets offense when the Jets have some weapons, even with a 2nd year QB at the helm.

Archived