Giants Chad Jones hospitalized....

hoping4ASuperBowl

Giants third-round SS Chad Jones was injured in an auto accident in New Orleans early Friday morning.

Profootballtalk.com has a photo of the vehicle, and it looks horrific. Though Jones was reportedly alert when taken by ambulance to the hospital, he suffered a fractured left leg and had arteries and nerves exposed. He was in surgery as of 10:15 a.m. Friday morning, and is listed in critical condition. We'll provide updates as they become available.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Former-LSU-standout-Chad-Jones-in-guarded-condition-after-car-wreck-97156264.html

im from baton rouge and this is the latest update from earlier this afternoon..everyone down here is really torn because he did so much for LSU athletics everyone please keep him in your prayers

quote:

Former LSU athlete Chad Jones was still in surgery and remained in danger of losing his left foot Friday afternoon after a one-car accident early Friday morning in New Orleans, according to University Hospital and his father Al Jones.

Doctors have been having trouble getting blood to flow to Jones' left foot. Jones' left tibia (shin) and left fibula (calf) were shattered when he lost control of his vehicle and ran into a streetcar pole on Carrollton Avenue near Canal Street at around 5:30 a.m. Friday. He also suffered nerve and artery damage and a large gash in his left thigh as he remained in critical condition.

I've seen my share of accidents (hundreds easily) and that car is definately in the top five "most demolished" on my list. Here's hoping for a full recovery. And maybe a lesson to young drivers that operating a ton of glass and steel at high speeds in a careless manner at night is a bad idea. I never give speeding tickets. But I think I"ll start. This is the epitome of SUCK in every way.

I've seen my share of accidents (hundreds easily) and that car is definately in the top five "most demolished" on my list. Here's hoping for a full recovery. And maybe a lesson to young drivers that operating a ton of glass and steel at high speeds in a careless manner at night is a bad idea. I never give speeding tickets. But I think I"ll start. This is the epitome of SUCK in every way.

It was 6 am.

Here in Texas the sun is already up.

Archived