The Official ****Keep Joe Namath on the JN Banner Petition****

i remember shea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe should be up there with a couple of current persona's like Sanchez, Rex, and a defensive player.

Good for you Joe...one of the young generation of Jets fans that appreciates Jets history. Past history and current history...that's what this team is all about. Hopefully, the "current history" gets us another ring or two.

Joe should be up there with a couple of current persona's like Sanchez, Rex, and a defensive player.

You want me to put Rex up there? I would have to buy everyone wide screen monitors. Why do you think we don't have real photos on the moderator page?

Good for you Joe...one of the young generation of Jets fans that appreciates Jets history. Past history and current history...that's what this team is all about. Hopefully, the "current history" gets us another ring or two.

Wanting a change in the JN banner means we dont appreciate Jets history?

Okee Dokee.

I guess this is where this thread ends for me. Good luck with your campaign to keep Joe in the banner.

How about they win one first?

Look I really don't care if Namath is on or off the banner, but the ridiculousness of some of the posts here is just mind boggling.

If by exaggerating, you are referring to the people here saying Namath was not a great QB, then I agree.

If not, then I don't know what you are talking about, there is no player in Jets history that deserves to be up there more than Joe Namath.

How about "No" lol.

There's no law saying that you cant change Joe Willy Namath. The posts arent ridiculous, they're peoples opinions. There's no other player more deserving??? Brooklyn, stop it. Its football. Maybe because I dont really have "favorite" Jet I just love the team could be why I dont have a problem with it.

Most of us never seen dude play. That should be the main reason for the change.

Wanting a change in the JN banner means we dont appreciate Jets history?

Okee Dokee.

I guess this is where this thread ends for me. Good luck with your campaign to keep Joe in the banner.

exactly. Its crazy to even say that. I guess we wouldnt be true Jet fans if we didnt mind Namath come down.

ITS CRAZY, CRAZY I TELL YA.

Hey, can we put Jim Brown up on the banner as well? He's really my only true favorite football player when I was a kid...still to me the best player to ever lace up...but, this isn't about JB.

Edit: Did anyone who wants JW up on the banner say that those that didn't aren't true Jets fans? I guess I missed that...I know I said those that didn't, didn't appreciate history...just my opinion...so **** it.

The posts arent ridiculous, they're peoples opinions.
Saying Joe Namath was not a great QB but an over rated one is RIDICULOUS!!!
There's no other player more deserving???
Show me which Jet deserves to be honored over Joe Namath, and I'll show you another ridiculous post.
Most of us never seen dude play. That should be the main reason for the change.
I already said I don't care if they change it. I took exception to the people trying to knock Joe and the insane ceiling theory.

Archived