Ocho and AlCROtraz (Cromartie) Cross Swords (Tweeter)

flgreen

Ochocinco might also be feeling chatty since he's had some recent success against Cromartie. He had 3 catches for 79 yards against the Chargers last season, including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-FMYuXvFec. (Ochocinco subsequently honored his close friend Chris Henry, who had passed away earlier that week).

He's had success because the Chargers run a zone D when Chad is MTM with Cro it's a wrap he is going to be locked up. Everyone keeps saying "Cro is washed up" but one he played in a zone D when he is clearly an athlete that desires mTM coverage and 2 he had a damn fractured hip most of the season

K-FMYuXvFec

Zone? Watch the video. There was a link right there for you, but I embedded it just in case. Cro bit on the out and got left like a bitch. M2M he got scorched. Give some credit. Cromartie isn't Revis and man or zone he's going to give some up. As for his hip, he's been crying about it for two years and it was 2008 that he supposedly played with it broken.

85 is no slouch... it took one of the best years by a corner ever to shut him down 2 weeks in a row. I'm not worried about him beating Cro, simply because he won't face him much... Revis is going to line up across from 85.

Cro will be covering a 1-knee'd Antonio Bryant.

Anyone taking the trash talk banter on twitter seriously is not being fair to their own blood pressure... it means nothing.

This is just Chad's way of hoping he gets a few plays against Cromartie this season rather then bottled up by Revis all day. His options are to keep going at Revis only and embarrass himself on a national stage again as he gets held to 3 catches for 27 yards, or start some banter with Cromartie so Antonio begs Rex to allow him to cover him some as well and then Chad can get 6 catches for 65 yards.

Chad is a brand at this point and a very smart business man. He has to protect his brand any way he can. Being covered by Revis again for every snap of another game is not how to do that.

This is just Chad's way of hoping he gets a few plays against Cromartie this season rather then bottled up by Revis all day. His options are to keep going at Revis only and embarrass himself on a national stage again as he gets held to 3 catches for 27 yards, or start some banter with Cromartie so Antonio begs Rex to allow him to cover him some as well and then Chad can get 6 catches for 65 yards.

Chad is a brand at this point and a very smart business man. He has to protect his brand any way he can. Being covered by Revis again for every snap of another game is not how to do that.

This.

K-FMYuXvFec

Zone? Watch the video. There was a link right there for you, but I embedded it just in case. Cro bit on the out and got left like a bitch. M2M he got scorched. Give some credit. Cromartie isn't Revis and man or zone he's going to give some up. As for his hip, he's been crying about it for two years and it was 2008 that he supposedly played with it broken.

Did you watch the clip? As you can see the charger only rush 4 when you are rushing only 4 people I assume a few things are happening.

1. they are double teaming a player and everyone else is MTM(I would assume that player would be #85 since the Bengals next best receiver is Marvin Lewis)

2. You are playing a Zone because you send 4 pass rushers 3 lineman and a backer and here is a dead giveaway when you are a backer or DB and you are playing MTM what do you do? You keep your eyes on the receiver and you shadow them in your coverage, Btu when you play zone you keep you eyes on the QB as you drop into you Zone. That is what they were playing and that is why CRO had given such a large cushion. If it was a MTM blitz he would have been up on the receiver to jam him at the line, but they only rushed 4 as they dropped back

Here is more food for thought where was the safety help?

Did you watch the clip? As you can see the charger only rush 4 when you are rushing only 4 people I assume a few things are happening.

1. they are double teaming a player and everyone else is MTM(I would assume that player would be #85 since the Bengals next best receiver is Marvin Lewis)

2. You are playing a Zone because you send 4 pass rushers 3 lineman and a backer and here is a dead giveaway when you are a backer or DB and you are playing MTM what do you do? You keep your eyes on the receiver and you shadow them in your coverage, Btu when you play zone you keep you eyes on the QB as you drop into you Zone. That is what they were playing and that is why CRO had given such a large cushion. If it was a MTM blitz he would have been up on the receiver to jam him at the line, but they only rushed 4 as they dropped back

Here is more food for thought where was the safety help?

That was definitely a zone defense, but Cromartie obviously had deep thirds and no other receiver entered his zone. So essentially, he was playing him man-to-man and just bit on the little out move.

Only thing you can say is if it was man-to-man then Cro could have been up in his face bumping him, and you'd never do that when you have deep third responsibility. So you are right (zone defense), but also kind of wrong (because Cro had deep responsibility and covered Johnson man-to-man post snap).

That was definitely a zone defense, but Cromartie obviously had deep thirds and no other receiver entered his zone. So essentially, he was playing him man-to-man and just bit on the little out move.

Only thing you can say is if it was man-to-man then Cro could have been up in his face bumping him, and you'd never do that when you have deep third responsibility. So you are right (zone defense), but also kind of wrong (because Cro had deep responsibility and covered Johnson man-to-man post snap).

Man very good observation sir!!!!! A man with footbal knowledge now we are talkin LOL, But again he is not a zone player he is a MTM corner that is why the Chargers let him go he is not a good fit for their scheme this is why I can't wait to see him with this JETS defense because he was be able to play to his strength which is MTM. You can't put a 4-3 LB in a 3-4 scheme ask jonathan vilma. And yes a fractured hip is a big problem for any football play especially a DB. They have to be fluid with their hip movement and NFLer's don't really have downtime to really heal with all the banging that they do and he still played with the fracture if he would have sat out they would have called him a quiter he played with it and they said he's done its a no win situation.

Man very good observation sir!!!!! A man with footbal knowledge now we are talkin LOL, But again he is not a zone player he is a MTM corner that is why the Chargers let him go he is not a good fit for their scheme this is why I can't wait to see him with this JETS defense because he was be able to play to his strength which is MTM. You can't put a 4-3 LB in a 3-4 scheme ask jonathan vilma. And yes a fractured hip is a big problem for any football play especially a DB. They have to be fluid with their hip movement and NFLer's don't really have downtime to really heal with all the banging that they do and he still played with the fracture if he would have sat out they would have called him a quiter he played with it and they said he's done its a no win situation.

I wish I knew more about his bump ability. That is one of the things that makes Revis great. He is so physical at the line of scrimmage that a receiver and QB's timing is screwed up from the word go because he just never lets a receiver (even big ones like AJ, Colston, and Owens) to get a clean release. Cromartie certainly has the size to be a good bump guy (listed at 6'2'' and 211 lbs), but his biggest knock has been his lack of physicality.

If he can bump well then he will certainly be MUCH better in this defense than he was in a zone defense. If he doesn't bump well and is afraid to get physical, I don't think much will change.

Bumping is HUGE in a defense like ours that blitzes a ton. Making the QB hold the ball even for .5 seconds longer than he wants to when he has 6 pass rushers coming at him will lead to tons of incomplete passes and many turnovers.

I wish I knew more about his bump ability. That is one of the things that makes Revis great. He is so physical at the line of scrimmage that a receiver and QB's timing is screwed up from the word go because he just never lets a receiver (even big ones like AJ, Colston, and Owens) to get a clean release. Cromartie certainly has the size to be a good bump guy (listed at 6'2'' and 211 lbs), but his biggest knock has been his lack of physicality.

If he can bump well then he will certainly be MUCH better in this defense than he was in a zone defense. If he doesn't bump well and is afraid to get physical, I don't think much will change.

Bumping is HUGE in a defense like ours that blitzes a ton. Making the QB hold the ball even for .5 seconds longer than he wants to when he has 6 pass rushers coming at him will lead to tons of incomplete passes and many turnovers.

Its a must he is able to knock the WR off his route but what's going to happen this yr is he is going to have a career yr just like he did in San Diego when they went 14-2. We have those same elements on D big time nose Two very good corners, that was the yr merriman was juiced up and so the had an outside rush presence. That yr the front 7 made those corner look good!!!! that is in every defense it starts up from. The difference is we did it last yr without that nose or corner nor outside rush. Rex's scheme alone allow us to be a #1 defense knowing damn well we shouldn't have a #1 defense with the likes of Lowery, Strickland, Coleman and Lito Sheppard now we have Cro, Revis, Wilson, Lowery and along with a pass rush in Devito, Ellis, Pace, Taylor and with Vernon back at his original position were he doesn't have to think, I think he will have a break out yr. Our defensive scheme now has real athletes in it this is going to be scary for teams to face

Most of what you guys say is true. In fact, I kind of expected you guys to bring the zone thing up. The thing is, Cromartie obviously has deep responsibility and he has no help behind him. He starts with a huge cushion and back pedals immidately, yet he still gets beaten deep like a drum. I don't see how anybody expects Cromartie to shut 85 down straight man, when he can't keep from getting beaten deep in this situation. I think Cromartie will be fine here, a huge upgrade, but I don't expect him to be Revis.

Most of what you guys say is true. In fact, I kind of expected you guys to bring the zone thing up. The thing is, Cromartie obviously has deep responsibility and he has no help behind him. He starts with a huge cushion and back pedals immidately, yet he still gets beaten deep like a drum. I don't see how anybody expects Cromartie to shut 85 down straight man, when he can't keep from getting beaten deep in this situation. I think Cromartie will be fine here, a huge upgrade, but I don't expect him to be Revis.

LOL!!! Revis didnt know he was going to be Revis, but san diego for some reason don't blitz a lot I think they are still hoping the front 4 rush with a juiced up marriman will get it done. With our blitz package, as we saw with the DB's we had last yr you can just be mediocre and the scheme will work. Now we have three studs at corner can you imagine the yr they are going to have with Pace, Taylor and a safety breathing down your neck?

LOL!!! Revis didnt know he was going to be Revis, but san diego for some reason don't blitz a lot I think they are still hoping the front 4 rush with a juiced up marriman will get it done. With our blitz package, as we saw with the DB's we had last yr you can just be mediocre and the scheme will work. Now we have three studs at corner can you imagine the yr they are going to have with Pace, Taylor and a safety breathing down your neck?

Why are you LOLing? Your lock down CB just got beat deep giving an 8 yard cushion. Do you honestly think he'll do better up at the LOS? He may be helped by our blitz packages, but he's still got to cover some. Stud is a stretch for a guy coming off two ****ty seasons.

Despite all the hype Rex doesn't get too many sacks. His teams never do, but they do put plenty of heat in passing situations. They aren't blitzing 6 every down. The CB still has to cover on 1st and 2nd to get to 3rd and long. Rex & Pettine aren't bringing the house on 2nd and 5. FWIW, Pace is a fairly pedestrian pass rusher. If you are expecting sacks you'd better be hoping Taylor still has plenty in the tank. To be fair, it does seem that teams are unloading the ball quickly against the Jets and that is probably the main reason the sack numbers are low.

Why are you LOLing? Your lock down CB just got beat deep giving an 8 yard cushion. Do you honestly think he'll do better up at the LOS? He may be helped by our blitz packages, but he's still got to cover some. Stud is a stretch for a guy coming off two ****ty seasons.

Despite all the hype Rex doesn't get too many sacks. His teams never do, but they do put plenty of heat in passing situations. They aren't blitzing 6 every down. The CB still has to cover on 1st and 2nd to get to 3rd and long. Rex & Pettine aren't bringing the house on 2nd and 5. FWIW, Pace is a fairly pedestrian pass rusher. If you are expecting sacks you'd better be hoping Taylor still has plenty in the tank. To be fair, it does seem that teams are unloading the ball quickly against the Jets and that is probably the main reason the sack numbers are low.

Well that is my point they get rid of the ball prematurely due to the pressure and with Rex Ryan's blitz packages, the CB press at the line to disrupt the WR route this is why there will be more INT. I already told you why he had two bad seasons 1. the defense he was in was a ZONE DEFENSE he is a MTM cover corner remember player have to fit a scheme (Jonathan Vilma) Revis got burnt by Ted Ginn for a long TD does that make him a terrible CB. On that one there was not safety help either. I don't really care about the INT's they are always great, but as long as we are ranked #1 that is even better then the INT's. Calvin Pace had a decent yr with 7 sacks and that has been two yrs in a row with Bryan Thomas playing like crap on the other side. With Jason Taylor on the otherside it going to cause problems for OT's. Again, we had the #1 defense with Strickland, Lito Shephard, Drew Coleman, and Lowery in our secondary we know have Cro, Wilson, and Revis.

Cro will be better when he plays straight man because of his length,He has very long arms for a corner so he is able to get his hands on receivers at the line and control them.I have watched every Charger game since I was about 12 years old and when Cro played man to man he was very hard to beat.

The jam at the line disrupts the receivers routes and the timing of the route.All he has to do is stay in position to make the QB hold the ball a fraction of a second longer than he wants to and the pass rush will get there.This defense will be monstrous this season with Cro and Wilson added to Revis.

How many sacks would we have had last season if the QB held the ball just a fraction of a second longer?Quite a few.......:D:cheers:

Cro will be better when he plays straight man because of his length,He has very long arms for a corner so he is able to get his hands on receivers at the line and control them.I have watched every Charger game since I was about 12 years old and when Cro played man to man he was very hard to beat.

The jam at the line disrupts the receivers routes and the timing of the route.All he has to do is stay in position to make the QB hold the ball a fraction of a second longer than he wants to and the pass rush will get there.This defense will be monstrous this season with Cro and Wilson added to Revis.

How many sacks would we have had last season if the QB held the ball just a fraction of a second longer?Quite a few.......:D:cheers:

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

Archived