Trade The Diva

SoFlaJets

I don't know what you do for a living, but if most of us decided not to show up for work because we felt we exceeded expectations, we would be shown the f%$#ing door in a NY second, no questions asked.

That's the way it works in the real world.

What's not to get?

As an employee, youd have the upper hand if you exceeded expectations significantly(Revis) and were underpaid(Revis, again).

I'd say the company would do the right thing and give you the proper raise. If they wouldnt, it wouldnt be too difficult to find someone that would.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an employee, youd have the upper hand if you exceeded expectations significantly(Revis) and were underpaid(Revis, again).

I'd say the company would do the right thing and give you the proper raise. If they wouldnt, it wouldnt be too difficult to find someone that would.

Oh really?

Do you know what's going on out there in the real world?

Employers are offering almost half what employees are worth, because of the job crisis!

WAKE UP AND PISS, THE WORLD'S ON FIRE!!!

yea Matt but this is a unique situation caused by a senile crazy old man setting bar 25% too high

What if your direct supervisor was calling you the greatest employee in the history of employment? and then suddenly became a mute when you asked for a raise?

If he showed up for camp, he'd be getting paid. Which kind of leads me to wonder why he's holding out to make more money when in order to do so, he has to lose money.

He's being a prick and the Jets should let him rot!

Oh really?

Employers are offering almost half what employees are worth, because of the job crisis!

LOL! This post is brimming with reality and truth. well said.

What if your direct supervisor was calling you the greatest employee in the history of employment? and then suddenly became a mute when you asked for a raise?

It means he want's even more than the greatest employee in the history of employment is worth, duh!

LOL!

What company do you work for 'bro?

I want to know what company is voluntarily throwing raises out in this economy to employees who are doing more than what they signed on for.

Let me know and I'll send my resume.

He had his boss calling him the greatest defensive player in NFL history last year. that kind of talk blows a guys head up ya know. kind of ironic how Rex isnt saying much now..lol

Good thing Rex didn't say anything like this about Gholston or he would never have restructured! LOL

Oh really?

Someone as talented as Revis is equivalent to the Valedectorian at MIT...they are the .0001% of the population. Those types of people get paid.

Someone as talented as Revis is equivalent to the Valedectorian at MIT...they are the .0001% of the population. Those types of people get paid.

I disagree the Valedectorian at MIT has had to prove it with a lifetime's worth of hard work Me-vis has had one great year-that's it one

LOL!

What company do you work for 'bro?

I want to know what company is voluntarily throwing raises out in this economy to employees who are doing more than what they signed on for.

Let me know and I'll send my resume.

Ha, definitely wasnt speaking for myself.I definitely feel overworked and underpaid. But people that are that as talented Revis will get paid one way or another.

While I'm thrilled with Revis at this very moment, I do understand his motivation to secure his future. Trading Revis is not the solution, unfortunately, and it is really up to him as to whether he wants to play football or not this season. His uncle sat out a season, so I won't be shocked if Revis decides to do the same if the money is not close to what he wants.

The best thing the Jets can do is practice, get better every day, and win games. The team has Cro and Wilson as the 1-2 until this is done, and that might just be enough. Winning without Revis will solve a lot of issues.

Too bad this has nothing to do with the genius post by Matt39 that I was responding to.

I'm just curious and maybe I'm asking the wrong guy---

What did Deion Sanders get paid? Wasn't he the "equivalent to the Valedectorian at MIT" and yet, somebody is better than him. There's always somebody better who comes along. Interesting.

I'm just curious and maybe I'm asking the wrong guy---

What did Deion Sanders get paid? Wasn't he the "equivalent to the Valedectorian at MIT" and yet, somebody is better than him. There's always somebody better who comes along. Interesting.

Deion got a huge contract from the Cowboys I know that...highest paid defensive player ever I believe

I disagree Matt.... Most companies these days are forced to layoff good people and force furloughs... These athletes are becoming incredibly spoiled.. They get paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. And I can't believe that they throw around how they need to feed their families.. There are more important jobs in the world such as doctors, firefighters and teachers who make nowhere near that kind of money... What if they have a career ending injury? Well then they go to work like the rest of us.. I mean they went to college right???

I disagree Matt.... Most companies these days are forced to layoff good people and force furloughs... These athletes are becoming incredibly spoiled.. They get paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. And I can't believe that they throw around how they need to feed their families.. There are more important jobs in the world such as doctors, firefighters and teachers who make nowhere near that kind of money... What if they have a career ending injury? Well then they go to work like the rest of us.. I mean they went to college right???

This is a whole other argument...but anyone who thinks athletes go to college to learn are kidding themselves.

He had his boss calling him the greatest defensive player in NFL history last year. that kind of talk blows a guys head up ya know. kind of ironic how Rex isnt saying much now..lol

rex just said today in an interview that revis is the best cb he's ever had.

It was at the time. The Raiders had offered him more money too....but he wanted to play in Dallas

Was Deion still under contract with the Falcons? Or did he sign as a FA?

I'm just trying to figure out how this action that revis has taken makes financial and economic sense.

Right now, he's losing money.

This is a whole other argument...but anyone who thinks athletes go to college to learn are kidding themselves.

Well that's even worse then Matt... Most go on full scholarships and then complain that a million dollars is just not enough. These draft picks get paid premium money BEFORE even playing 1 play in the nfl.. And when was the last time you saw an athlete give money back for a sub par year... No shot at Gholston intended LOL

Well that's even worse then Matt... Most go on full scholarships and then complain that a million dollars is just not enough. These draft picks get paid premium money BEFORE even playing 1 play in the nfl.. And when was the last time you saw an athlete give money back for a sub par year... No shot at Gholston intended LOL

The rookie draft and the pay scales are a huge issue. The fact that Bradford is getting what he's getting is absurd. And Suh apparently wants even more than that.

the only bandwagon I'm ever a part of is the color of the uniforms-team first and foremost ALWAYS. I'm a Jets fan not a Jets player fan-if he comes back of couse I'll root for him

Then why are we hollering to trade the most talented player in franchise history... there, I said it... On August 1st?

can we get like 3 1st rounders for him you think? He's gone from Revis Island to where him and his "posse' are now Revis' Divas

He has gone from Revis Island to Greedy Island. IMO we ought to trade him even up with Oakland for Asomounga. If they won't do the deal then I think we ought to get the three first rounders for him BUT since he only has had one great season and two good to very good seasons, I do not think we will get three number ones.

But I do agree that this greedy guy has ruined our off-season and is now going to ruin our preseason. He will surely divide the team. A house divided will fall. Now is the time to get rid of the sob imo. I understand that he turned down 12 million a year because now he wants it all guaranteed. The Jets are over the barrel re guarantees. He knows it too.

Archived