Rogers on Allen

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lazard is an utter jag we would be cutting if we had any  choice.

Mike Williiams is no spring chicken and coming off a bad injury.

Garrett is elite

We HOPE Corley is as good as hoped but there was the same enthusiasm for elijah moore.

An extra Wr would have been far better in this draft than that extra RB.

We shall see.

I’m aware of what the roster looks like. Thanks. I happen to think that they’ll find a way to compensate for WR depth with RB and TE. They might be higher on those 2 UDFA WRs from last year, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Everybody worried about WR needs to do the math. 4 RBs to feed. Last season it was an epiphany to coaches how good Breece is as a receiver. Rodgers has always killed teams passing to RB.

We’re gonna be alright.

It’s probable that Breece will be Rodgers’ #2 target behind Wilson. He likes getting the TE involved, so Conklin could easily come in at #3. As long as Williams is healthy, he’ll get his share - if for no other reason than to free up Wilson downfield more. I expect Corley to be in the top five mix as well.

That’s not a bad core group at all, it’s just that there’s a drop off after them. Their best depth is probably at TE. I wasn’t worried about them not adding another WR late in the draft because I think they’d be better served this year finding one last guy in the mini draft, same place I expect to find the last IOL reserve. They’re in a decent place, and it’s unlikely that they’re done. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

It’s probable that Breece will be Rodgers’ #2 target behind Wilson. He likes getting the TE involved, so Conklin could easily come in at #3. As long as Williams is healthy, he’ll get his share - if for no other reason than to free up Wilson downfield more. I expect Corley to be in the top five mix as well.

That’s not a bad core group at all, it’s just that there’s a drop off after them. Their best depth is probably at TE. I wasn’t worried about them not adding another WR late in the draft because I think they’d be better served this year finding one last guy in the mini draft, same place I expect to find the last IOL reserve. They’re in a decent place, and it’s unlikely that they’re done. 

I think we overlook that Brownlee and X were great finds, plus Rodgers seemed keen on Charles and Malik. There may be more to our depth than we realize. Obviously, I’m just being positive here. I just think the concerns outweigh the actual problem. I am probably wrong. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Everybody worried about WR needs to do the math. 4 RBs to feed. Last season it was an epiphany to coaches how good Breece is as a receiver. Rodgers has always killed teams passing to RB.

We’re gonna be alright.

You know that logic doesn’t go over well here.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Dolphins, one pf the best WR corps in the league:

-Tyreek Hill is elite

-Waddle couldn't stay healthy last year and coming off of his worst season. Only 4 TDs. 

-Berrios: total JAG

-Beckham: ancient

Bengals, one of the best WR corps in the league:

-Jamar Chase is elite

-Higgins couldn't stay healthy last year and is coming off of his worst season.

-The Bengals HOPE Burton will be good. 

The point is, of course the WR production can go sideways. Guys can fail to produce, guys can get hurt. Highly touted rookies can turn out to be busts. And all of this depends on other factors as well, like o-line and QB play, along with coaching. You can look at any team and say the same thing about their receiving group if your outlook is negative enough.  

My outlook is that as long as we protect Rodgers and run the ball down team's throats, our WRs will be productive enough to get team wins because Rodgers will MAKE them productive enough to win. For once we have the talent. Even Lazard is set up to have a bounce back season. He will get a chance to play with Rodgers and he will get a chance to play because, at the very least, he is a good blocker.  

Deep Wr draft

Deep oline draft

We could use another Wr and another guard

Douglas drafted two RBs, after drafting one last year one of the lowest value positions in the league these days.

It's a matter of doing the right thing not a matter of 'we good' as we are.

The dolphins took mailk washington in the 6th round a guy the jets supposedly liked.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

For the first time in quite a while, I really like the RB room.

And the OL.  First time since jd’s been here the team has a feel like the eagles/ravens where there’s a power element to it.  

• Upvote 3

Now that I've seen some of his tape, Allen definitely reminds me a lot of Shonn Greene.

Thinking back to when he ran over Eric Weddle in that playoff game vs the Chargers back when Rex was the HC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

For the first time in quite a while, I really like the RB room.

I like the way Davis runs.  A John Capaletti clone.  Dont sleep on the sleeper.  Seems like Izzy is a goner.  Another 3rd round bust by JD.

20 hours ago, GreenFish said:

We’ll learn in October that we actually added Denzel Mims and La’Mical Perine. 

Based on history, I can understand why you would respond that way, but I'm hoping that you're wrong and they'll both be great adds.

• Upvote 1