wes welker is a stud

jgb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Wes Welker Really Isn't Any Good" arguments have replaced the "Chad Pennington Sucks" arguments which replaced the "Curtis Martin is overrated" arguments. All extremely entertaining! Fruitful? Eh.

max pays JGBs and I by the posts generated..

i think they're symbiotic. without randy sure the defense can tighten up but all the pats would need to do is get a less-talented burner (like santana moss) to keep the deep men honest and welker can do his thing.

if you replaced welker with a less talented slot guy it would hurt randy more than it would hurt welker to replace randy with a less talented burner.

which would hurt the team more? dunno

:face:

Did you see Edelman play last year?

I dont recally Reddick killing anyone during an NBA game.

Reddick and his 7.5 points a game don't really scare anyone, much like Welker.

Teams set up their defense to force Reddick to beat them much like teams set up their defense to make Welker beat them because he is so much less dangerous than the other socring threats on the Pats.

Meh. A 3 in college isnt a very difficult shot. He wasnt beating anyone off the dribble. I dont think Reddick was ever dominant. I dont think thye ever got passed the Sweet 16 with him on the team.

everyone in theACC sure hated him.

They won plenty of ACC games with that little prick.

That just makes zero sense whatsoever.

Moss opens up the middle of the field allowing Welker do to what he does best. Again, Moss is in the top 3 of all time.

Its not even a comparision of who's more valuable. Its the guy who puts points on the board. If the Pats had decided to go back to running the ball consistently-like they did when the were winning Super Bowls...Moss would be the guy on the team, not Welker.

Welker is an extension to the running game.

if it was a simple matter of points, kickers would be the most valuable guys on the team and kyle orton (21 tds) would be more valuable than Chris Johnson (16 tds). i think a better measure of value is replacement value - you can find another orton a lot easier than you can find another CJ. at this stage of randy's career i believe he's more replaceable than welker pre-injury. whether welker is the same player or not, well that remains to be seen.

wes welker is the jj reddick of the nfl. you look at the guy and you just can't understand how he's killing you so you hate him for it.

No. Not really. Players like Reddick kill you at the college level because the talent level is spread so thinly that it enables players like Reddick to take advantage of the fact that 9/10 teams can't stop high screens; similarly to why Williams has been competitive every year since forever running the secondary break. This isn't news or anything, and most people know this.

if it was a simple matter of points, kickers would be the most valuable guys on the team and kyle orton (21 tds) would be more valuable than Chris Johnson (16 tds). i think a better measure of value is replacement value - you can find another orton a lot easier than you can find another CJ. at this stage of randy's career i believe he's more replaceable than welker pre-injury. whether welker is the same player or not, well that remains to be seen.

I coudlnt disagree more that Randy Moss is easier to replace than Wes Welker.

You cant compare a quarterback to a running back.

He certainly was able to come back quickly from, ahem, hard work and dedication.

hgh.jpg

The NFL does not condone this type of stuff...surely they would have found him if he did pull that kind of stunt and been correctly punished...nobody has a better steroids policy than the NFL...the only guys who do this stuff is fodder like Erik Ainge.

Meh. A 3 in college isnt a very difficult shot. He wasnt beating anyone off the dribble. I dont think Reddick was ever dominant. I dont think thye ever got passed the Sweet 16 with him on the team.

-jj reddick holds the record for most points scored by a dukie in a single season.

-jj reddick has 2nd most points for a single season in ACC history.

-jj reddick holds the record for most points in ACC tournament (career)

if you went to an ACC school other than duke while reddick was at duke, trust me, he was the antichrist.

The NFL does not condone this type of stuff...surely they would have found him if he did pull that kind of stunt and been correctly punished...nobody has a better steroids policy than the NFL...the only guys who do this stuff is fodder like Erik Ainge.

The NFl doesnt have HGH testing do they?

-jj reddick holds the record for most points scored by a dukie in a single season.

-jj reddick has 2nd most points for a single season in ACC history.

-jj reddick holds the record for most points in ACC tournament (career)

What was the furthest the team got during his run?

Are we really arguing that Reddick is a great player? Who cares how good he was in college?

John Wallace says whats up

Archived