NY Jets Preseason Game 2 Report Card

stoicsentry

Throw McKnight in with the other backs and you have an "F"

I sure as hell hope the lack of game planning for this game contributed to them playing so laid back.. I look towards Rex riding them this week and seeing a totally different team next week against the Redskins. Brunell is absolutely horrible and should be cut immediately as well as O'Connell.. I have a funny feeling our number 2 and 3 quarterbacks are playing somewhere else right now..I have no confidence in any of them behind Sanchez.

I sure as hell hope the lack of game planning for this game contributed to them playing so laid back.. I look towards Rex riding them this week and seeing a totally different team next week against the Redskins. Brunell is absolutely horrible and should be cut immediately as well as O'Connell.. I have a funny feeling our number 2 and 3 quarterbacks are playing somewhere else right now..I have no confidence in any of them behind Sanchez.

Thanks, oversight on my part forgetting about McKnight... but then, I think it would be better for all of us if we COULD just forget him... :(

Not getting the hate at all. I have the game on again now, and I'm seeing McKnight churn out 5-6 yard runs when the rest of the offense couldn't do jacksh*t. Didn't like his fumble, obviously, but it was better than Chauncey's right after McKnight's 60+ yard punt return.

Not getting the hate at all. I have the game on again now, and I'm seeing McKnight churn out 5-6 yard runs when the rest of the offense couldn't do jacksh*t. Didn't like his fumble, obviously, but it was better than Chauncey's right after McKnight's 60+ yard punt return.

I think it has more to do with how his preseason practices have been than the game. He has jussssst been too tentative.

Agreed. I thought it was actually a nice step in the right direction for McKnight. He looked so much better than he did against the Giants and seemed to be doing all of the things Ryan has been preaching about, running it up the gut, sticking his head in there and trying to gain extra yardage. It wasn't all great, and if the worst thing is his fumble (which I still think he was stripped of the ball in the pile when he should've been called down), that's not all bad. I could only imagine what the reaction would be if McKnight was the one who pulled off that moronic 7 yard loss play that Greene did.

Guess I was just expecting more out of him... was thinking that he was going to be more like Leon and hit the holes with some speed but he seems extremely hesitant and goes down easy more like Thomas Jones.

Oh, and am I the only one who came away really impressed with Gholston last night? I thought he had a pretty good game. That and the backup secondary was infinitely better. Lowery making some plays sure made me feel a little better about the Jets current situation.

I thought he played well. I am excited about him for the first time in a long time...

Guess I was just expecting more out of him... was thinking that he was going to be more like Leon and hit the holes with some speed but he seems extremely hesitant and goes down easy more like Thomas Jones.

While Leon may have had a better start than this, let's not forget that even Leon wasn't what Jets fans came to love this early on. I still remember some pretty harsh criticism about how "slow" he was during the preseason, particularly when he was chased down from behind on a long kick return that looked like it was going to be a TD (god help me for remembering crap like this). He's a rookie, it's early, and he's yet to get any reps with the starting OL. It may not work out, but it's still a bit too early to tell.

When Kellen Clemens, who is not allowed to put the ball in the air, for fear of bad things happening, is your second backup QB, it's hard to find any good in that situation.

Brunell was done years ago; he just hasn't accepted that fact yet. Hey. maybe he could back up Brett Favre at Minnesota, and they could have the oldest 1-2 QB rotation ever.

Archived