I'm trying to stay positive, but it's very difficult

NIGHT STALKER

If this was just a normal preseason, I would just chalk it up to just that...preseason. But, when your HC sets the bar so high in public and you watch the offense perform like a Chinese fire drill, there is reason for concern. Not panic...yet. But, concern.

Listen, all teams have the goal each new year to get to that magic game. But, Rex has 99% (I'm leaving off the 1% that never bought into the hype) of this fan base believing in him and his SB rants.

And Mr. Revis right now is a luxury for this team...he sure wouldn't be making a difference in this inept offense. Yes, the team is showing just vanilla plays, but at least look good executing these "vanilla" plays...not even close. So, is it Sanchez, Schotty or a combination of both?

The defense can only carry this team just so far. And I don't care if your entire defense was made up of 11 Revis clones, they ain't winning...never mind the SB. So, if the Jets start the season, like they've been playing in preseason, put the women and children to bed because hunting season will be here and guns will be blazing.

One last thing. Even if Revis signs today, what in the hell does that do for our offense?

I agree with everything you wrote-vanilla or not Bill when you ain't blocking and the QB is getting hit on every other pass play something is wrong with the OL. When your QB can't hit his receivers who can't seem to get open there is a problem. Call it vanilla if you like but football is still a pretty basic game-hit the guy in front of you, don't let him hit your QB so he can make passes and catch the football-we're not doing any of this right now

I agree with everything you wrote-vanilla or not Bill when you ain't blocking and the QB is getting hit on every other pass play something is wrong with the OL. When your QB can't hit his receivers who can't seem to get open there is a problem. Call it vanilla if you like but football is still a pretty basic game-hit the guy in front of you, don't let him hit your QB so he can make passes and catch the football-we're not doing any of this right now

Spot on..that was a very disturbing site for me..Woody looked slow and old and our RG spot is in serious trouble..Sanchez looked bad, the offense was horrible other then a few runs from LT

a sfar as the sanchez getting hit. dude doesn't feel pressure. thats one thing i'm concerned about with him....his pocket awareness. he seems a split second slow in feeling the pressure...and in this league a split second is a long time in that respect. but i'm willing to give him some more time. you have to remember he is only a second year quarterback......the game is still slightly fast for him i'd have to imagine. the hting we need to see this year is the game needs to look like its slowing down for him significantly.

a sfar as the sanchez getting hit. dude doesn't feel pressure. thats one thing i'm concerned about with him....his pocket awareness. he seems a split second slow in feeling the pressure...and in this league a split second is a long time in that respect. but i'm willing to give him some more time. you have to remember he is only a second year quarterback......the game is still slightly fast for him i'd have to imagine. the hting we need to see this year is the game needs to look like its slowing down for him significantly.

100% agree. To me, it's possible that the O-line at it's best last year was a few split seconds better as well. But all the same he needs better pocket awareness.

One last thing. Even if Revis signs today, what in the hell does that do for our offense?

He takes the pressure off of them by keeping the opposition's points down. He provides them with more opportunities thru 3 & outs and takeaways.

It's a team game. We've heard a lot about that during Revis' holdout. The defense helps the offense.

This isn't about who's right or wrong here, this about the level of importance the Jets best player is to this team at this point in time. The offense is miserable, and the dee just lost Calvin Pace for a few weeks. The Jets open the year against the Ravens and their division opponents. They need wins early. Every one of those games is going to be critical in the final standings.

I understand the emotion behind the F Revis crowd, but it's irrational at this point. This team needs serious help if they're even going to compete for a post season berth, let alone a Super Bowl title.

I'm in the 1%, I really like Rex as a coach, however I've been saying it since he got here. Talk is cheap especially when you have a HUGE question mark @ QB and now LG, I didn't watch last nights game but from the comments, I'm glad I missed it. I feel bad for those who really believe the "super bowl" line, but for some of us who questioned the moves the Jets made this offseason it really isn't a surprise. Last year means nothing, you still have to go out there and play, if this team can't run a 'vanilla' gameplan or keep Sanchez on his feet, then they are in serious trouble. It's all good to be confident as a team, but sometimes there are different ways of showing it.

"Soon to be Super Bowl Champs"......win a game first.

This team needs serious help if they're even going to compete for a post season berth, let alone a Super Bowl title.

Mainly on the offensive side. This was preseason game 3, which is where teams typically show the best they have before the regular season starts.

If this is the best the Jets have, it may be a long season.

He takes the pressure off of them by keeping the opposition's points down. He provides them with more opportunities thru 3 & outs and takeaways.

It's a team game. We've heard a lot about that during Revis' holdout. The defense helps the offense.

This isn't about who's right or wrong here, this about the level of importance the Jets best player is to this team at this point in time. The offense is miserable, and the dee just lost Calvin Pace for a few weeks. The Jets open the year against the Ravens and their division opponents. They need wins early. Every one of those games is going to be critical in the final standings.

I understand the emotion behind the F Revis crowd, but it's irrational at this point. This team needs serious help if they're even going to compete for a post season berth, let alone a Super Bowl title.

I think while there is reason to be very concerned about Sanchez and the offense this is still going to be a very good team that will challenge Indy and Baltimore for AFC supremacy.

The Jets have had great pre-seasons in the past only to go 4-12 or 3-13 when they start playing for real.

I'm also not buying going to buy what Marty has to say about young QB's and that if they stay where they are the second year then you have done a good job. That is typical conservative Marty bullsh!t. He seems to forget that he had a QB named Bernie Kosar who was alot better his second year than his first.

I also don't think this is going to be the same ground and pound mentality that they had last year. When you add a guy like Santonio Holmes and an LT to catch passes out of the backfield, I think the Jets are going to be a team that will become a more balanced run-pass team than they were last year.

If the Jets start 0-3 then I will be very concerned. This is still a team with the best defense in the league and an offense with alot of weapons that is in a bit of transition.

One more thing. Do you think Indy's defense is going to be awful because they gave up 59 points Thursday to Green Bay ? Or that New England is going to be a losing team cause they lost to the Rams ?

I think it is pretty safe to say that Indy will be a playoff team, and that New England will be in the hunt for a post season birth.

Pressure? What pressure? The offense hasn't played well because they're not executing...nothing to do with Revis at all. Defense is playing fine right now.

Pressure? What pressure? The offense hasn't played well because they're not executing...nothing to do with Revis at all. Defense is playing fine right now.

Yes, the bad offense needs to play better.

How does that somehow mean that the Jets getting their best player back -who just happens to play defense- wouldn't help?

Needing to score fewer points, while simultaneously getting more opportunities to score them, would be a huge plus for this offense, IMHO. You disagree with that?

Positive: At least the phags lost, and we don't have to read 50,000 retarded posts from their trolls.

The only positive I take away from last night is we ran the ball well against a pretty stout defensive front.

Defense played O.K. against Grossman (which is nothing to write home about) and we were good at stopping the run when the first and second string defense was playing.

That's about it.

Yes, the bad offense needs to play better.

How does that somehow mean that the Jets getting their best player back -who just happens to play defense- wouldn't help?

Needing to score fewer points, while simultaneously getting more opportunities to score them, would be a huge plus for this offense, IMHO. You disagree with that?

How many times last season did our offense fail to score or hold a lead before our defense caved? And that was with Revis. Seems to me (at least on paper) that we have more weapons this season and we're still having trouble scoring in the red zone especially.

Archived